Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Interesting to note that the pre-order picture doesn't say "More to come..." anymore. Which would mean that if Margaret or any other character gets in, they would come at later down the line.

I'm gonna try and encourage as many people to download the DLC characters for the first week as I can, even if they don't plan to buy the game. I'd hate for someone to get the game down the road and then complain about paying for DLC when it was free for the entire first week.

Also today marks new P4U2/P4AU trailers along with P4GA episode 4(?), so get hype :D

So I was sitting here considering if I should pre-order the game. Have they said anything at all about whether they'll region lock the Japanese version or not? I searched this thread, but all I found was speculation. I'd like to know this before I place an order that can't be cancelled.

Wait, I don't have to wait after release for Marie? :D I am the most happy person right now. 

I was trying to blanket the hype for her, so it wouldn't hurt having to wait, but now thats not necessary!

Plan is for this to become and stay my main game, rarely has there been a game with so many characters that interest me.

I played Shabrys in P4A and she was awesome, but I have to add Marie, Rise and Yukari to the list and then after a long play session with everybody decide who to concentrate on :3

Interesting to note that the pre-order picture doesn't say "More to come..." anymore. Which would mean that if Margaret or any other character gets in, they would come at later down the line.

Then she will probably be our Kokonoe.

So I was sitting here considering if I should pre-order the game. Have they said anything at all about whether they'll region lock the Japanese version or not? I searched this thread, but all I found was speculation. I'd like to know this before I place an order that can't be cancelled.

Nothing has been said yet, you might want to wait.

I'm gonna try and encourage as many people to download the DLC characters for the first week as I can, even if they don't plan to buy the game. I'd hate for someone to get the game down the road and then complain about paying for DLC when it was free for the entire first week.

This really works? It will make a friend of mine very happy.

Then, how do we get the P4U1 story mode content in P4U2?

If I remember correctly, first print copies will come with the DLC for free. The Newcomer package also comes with that.

I believe you can still get it at the Store at a later time though.

Aigis and Akihiko trailers translated

Excelent :D

If I remember correctly, first print copies will come with the DLC for free. The Newcomer package also comes with that.

First print copies . . . so, only physical version, or also in digital?

First print copies . . . so, only physical version, or also in digital?

No idea. :v:

Anyway, 27 days to go, less than 4 weeks!

I received an email from Amazon confirming delivery for September 30. I also got an email from Amazon confirming that Persona Q would be delivered on Nov. 25. Another step closer to confirmation, I hope.

Was that for NA Copies? I haven't heard anything about the P4A1 story mode or newcomer package in NA.

I still wouldn't trust them. Not even the latest Atlus news that mentioned the release date for Ultimax said exactly what it was. Also, PQ's date was confirmed beforehand in an Atlus Faithful email.

This is just a hunch for me, but I thought of something when I looked at the character screen. If they reveal Margaret, the entire screen will be full, without any sort of random select.

Now, I'm sure that I haven't saw a fighter that didn't have a random select option, and this is what interests me. If there is a rule about random select option being in every fighting game, then they must extend the screen, which means that there is STILL some possibility that 2 more characters could get in.

You might be thinking that, if there will be more characters, then they should've put them on the cards and the title screen.

Yes, but what if it was nearly a spoiler char, say...

Minato?

...of course, this is all just a random guess from me, based on the random select option dissapearing from the screen when the 3 DLC chars fill the screen. If there is even a single fighting game that doesn't have a random select option, then my theory will be proven false.

Dude, they can easily pop a "random button" with a new design whenever they feel like it.  :v:

Of course, the more the merrier, but we should not be using the character select screen to justify another one.

The game has a button on the character select strictly for picking random. http://i.imgur.com/VKbD0w2.png

Not that we should look into the character select screen layout for future character possibilities, but there is absolutely no way that there won't be a dedicated random button on there. No other (modern) ASW game has omitted one, and think about the arcade versions of the game that wouldn't have a dedicated random button or people who play with arcade sticks that would possibly not have one either.

Edit: Here are three possible layouts I came up with if we are to assume the following: Margaret will be a playable character, there will be a random icon on the char. select and that the overall layout will not change in the final game:

Theory 1

Theory 2

Theory 3

I have a theory. You see how in the lobby avatar select there are 4 slots open? http://i.imgur.com/M74lNSg.jpg 

Adachi, Marie, and Margaret would fill up 3 of those spaces and leave one more open. Unless they put in non-playable character like Fuuka and Theodore, or Marie's instant kill outfit, I think that mean's there's one more character to fix the balance.

I only want Takaya but I know he'll never be in, and Jin's out of the picture even though he's really the only character now that I can consider a good choice, but I'm gonna take a gamble and say that whoever this last character will be is most likely gonna be unlocked by completing story mode. With that in mind, Makoto might make it in if Elizabeth's story is resolved.

Adachi and Marie will likely be on the top row - with the exception of Rise, the top row seems to be for P4 characters and the Shos, while the bottom row is for P3 characters and Rise.

Course that doesn't make it a hard and fast rule. Still, Margaret is definitely not confirmed yet, so there's no need to create a lot of speculation on where she'll end up.