Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

While checking Tumblr, I happened to stumble across this:

This week’s issue of Famitsu also goes into some of the customization options found in P4U2, from glasses and color variations for the playable characters, to Navi characters, to background music. Some content can be obtain as you progress through the game, while other content will be available as downloads, both free and paid.

• over 4000 titles for your player card
  • boss characters can be used in VS Mode, Arcade Mode
  • more arena announcer voices
  • the player persona-card will serve as an introduction to opponents

It seems that it's translated to confirm this info. If this is true then...

HAHAHAHAHA SCORE ATTACK ELIZABETH I FINALLY GET TO USE YOU,  BOW DOWN PEASANTS!

Liz doesn't have the Wild Card either. She also uses the compendium, even after her card turns. Even though all of the Wild Cards we've seen are Fools, that does NOT mean that all Fools are inherently Wild Cards.

Elizabeth got the Wild Card ability at the end of her story in Arena, actually.

I wonder how expansive the Margaret DLC is. Like if we are getting any story or if she's just included for arcade, vs, etc.

Elizabeth got the Wild Card ability at the end of her story in Arena, actually.

I wonder how expansive the Margaret DLC is. Like if we are getting any story or if she's just included for arcade, vs, etc.

She got the Fool card, it doesn't explicitly mean she has the Wild Card. It's likely, but not concrete.

It does mean she likely has a new unseen Fool Persona, but we probably won't see it in gameplay. Then again Aigis is still considered Fool despite using Athena, who's Chariot.

Mitsuru trailer, huzzah. Now to await the translation.

While checking Tumblr, I happened to stumble across this:

This week’s issue of Famitsu also goes into some of the customization options found in P4U2, from glasses and color variations for the playable characters, to Navi characters, to background music. Some content can be obtain as you progress through the game, while other content will be available as downloads, both free and paid.

• boss characters can be used in VS Mode, Arcade Mode

It seems that it's translated to confirm this info. If this is true then...

HAHAHAHAHA SCORE ATTACK ELIZABETH I FINALLY GET TO USE YOU,  BOW DOWN PEASANTS!

Did they not mention this (or at least implied) would be the case with you being able to use the Golden Arena characters you've built a few months ago?

Still I like the news. It's nice to know I have options of using a stronger Lizzie than what is normally available to me.

So, for that bolded part, its safe to assume that we can use Score Attack (or Unlimited/Awakened/Etc.) versions of said characters in Ultimax, unless that's what its refering to "Boss" Characters? Or maybe like what Luminos said anyways, that its instead your leveled up character in Golden Arena mode? Or even maybe something else entirely?

I dunno, having the thought to play the S.A. versions of said characters would probably make fights end really quick, but then again, they do have quirks that are exclusive to each character and might be worth trying out just for a good time. (Unless otherwise noted/stated.)

Pretty sure it's referring to using GAM characters outside of that mode, like how Xrd lets players use M.O.M. characters online.

It says boss characters not golden arena characters.

Um, so? It says boss characters, not unlimited characters. The wording might be too vague to actually determine what it is right now.

Pretty sure it's referring to using GAM characters outside of that mode, like how Xrd lets players use M.O.M. characters online.

That's an extremely weird thing to assume since Golden Arena is not even mentioned and the screenshot demonstrating the "Boss Characters" does not even have Golden Arena skill activation popups.

That's an extremely weird thing to assume since Golden Arena is not even mentioned and the screenshot demonstrating the "Boss Characters" does not even have Golden Arena skill activation popups.

Admittedly, I didn't look into it, so my thoughts went straight to what Xrd is doing with M.O.M. characters. So there's a screenshot associated with the caption "Boss Characters"? What does it show?

Edit: Oh, it must be that Yu vs. Yosuke pic. Nothing indicative there, but it does indeed lack a GAM UI.

Edit 2: Yeah, it's sounding like SA characters if there's no indication of GAM at all.

Having the ability to finally play as the SA characters sounds like a nice thing to add. Though this does make me wonder if there are actual bosses (like Take-Mikazuchi in CP, but human(oid)) what you can play as. Probably not. 

Honestly, I don't think it can be quote that. Similar thing happens in BlazBlue's Abyss mode, where after clearing 20 "floors" (they don't quite equals fights, as you progress to the next "floor" after doing certain amount of hits/damage) who has higher stats than other characters (like if every one has no stat boosts, that character has +5 on one of its stats) and maybe has an unique skill. After beating them, you either can select a stat boost, skill, extra points or progress certain amount if floors. I would call them being "checkpoint guards" since how they appear evenly. I would say there only are few bosses (like you fight Unlimited Ragna on Floor 666) on those.

Didn't see this mentioned but you can now turn off the Ring Announcer (The guy who says shit before the start of the match eg: WHO WILL EAT, AND WHO WILL BE EATEN!?)

p4u2-customization-04.jpg?fit=622%2C320

On topic of the boss chars...

tumblr_n9wqd1btqM1r9s07oo3_500.jpg

I don't recall Yu ever doing 2.3K damage in a 3-hit combo. Might this be a damage increase to the boss chars?