Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

All right guys. Settle down. There's no need to turn something so small into such a big thing. It's not like any of this is well documented and easily accessible information to begin with to be honest, especially the stuff concerning the Japanese release.

It's not like any of this is well documented and easily accessible information to begin with to be honest, especially the stuff concerning the Japanese release.

Not to self-promote without reason, but I created Persona Central for this express purpose.

The link is dead for me! 

That's odd. Without the hotlink, the straight up URL is: http://personacentral.com/

I can't believe you made another account (or had one) just to post this. Holy shit.

It's not really surprising enough to justify that reaction.

um I was talking about the NA version for adachi, not the Japanese version, so you should probably think before snapping at someone, why are most of the people in these forums so unpleasent and obnoxious? I haven't been here two months and seriously don't want to be a part of it anymore, my god.

If you don't want to be a part of it anymore you can leave.

Not to self-promote without reason, but I created Persona Central for this express purpose.

That's odd. Without the hotlink, the straight up URL is: http://personacentral.com/

That's a nice site. I'm surprised I'm only now hearing about it.

If you don't want to be a part of it anymore you can leave.

oy oy, there's no need to be so black and white about this. You can stick around on the site, just feel free to not waste time dealing with insufferable people if you don't have to.

On a more interesting topic of discussion, I wonder if there's a possibility that Adachi will be available to try out at tomorrow night's event at Super Arcade. He should be complete by now since his DLC would've had to pass certification by now to make it in time for next week's release.

Adachi isn't pro-order DLC but first week purchase dlc right? I don't want to preorder it yet since there isn't any word on if the JP version is region locked yet.

For the NA release, he's free for the first week on PSN. But for Japan, he's free only with first print copies of the game. If you don't preorder, you'll just have to take your chances that the site you order from sends you one of the first print copies.

Damn, what a predicament. Really hope JP's reigion free status is clarified.

Same here. I wanted to pre-order a physical copy, but the whole uncertainty regarding the region lock sure is discouraging. It looks like we might not know for sure before the release.

Atlus showcased Golden Arena mode on Twitch. I'll probably be playing it a lot! Reminds me most of World Tour mode from SF Alpha 3. I also didn't know Naoto could kick backwards on the final step of her super now.

Atlus showcased Golden Arena mode on Twitch. I'll probably be playing it a lot! Reminds me most of World Tour mode from SF Alpha 3. I also didn't know Naoto could kick backwards on the final step of her super now.

Yeah I watched most of the broadcast and holy moly does it look fun. It will probably finally make practicing the game fun for me since I plan on playing more competitively.

what's the deal with region lock again? I thought Atlus themselves clarified that the game was region free? Was there a turnaround somewhere?

What's the deal with region lock again? I thought Atlus themselves clarified that the game was region free? Was there a turnaround somewhere?

ATLUS (USA) only said the US versions (PS3/360) of P4AU are region free, they didn't mention or said that the JP PS3 version would be the same. Other than that, there's just a week to go to get an answer from people that will get it will see if the JP PS3 ver. (in both formats presumably) will be the RF or not.

ATLUS (USA) only said the US versions (PS3/360) of P4AU are region free, they didn't mention or said that the JP PS3 version would be the same. Other than that, there's just a week to go to get an answer from people that will get it will see if the JP PS3 ver. (in both formats presumably) will be the RF or not.

-shrug- 

-does squiggly dance-

I already boooought it :3. Pretty cool, actually... When you turn on your system, it will automatically log in under the account you bought it on, and when the 25th rolls around, it'll download it to your system for you. 

In any case, I ain't too worried. I'm sure most of you are worried about the disc version being region locked, but as for the download version... does that even work?  I know there's region exclusive DLC, where it only works with the disc of the corresponding language, but... even in the case of P4A... was the psn version really region locked? I always thought that region lock was based on 1) Your PS3 and 2) The discs it has to read, and it's ability to (or lack thereof). 

Even if it's possible, everyone's freaking out that they haven't mentioned anything about it. I just take it as indifference to the information. That is to say, the North American versions being region locked or not was a big deal for the European crowd. Announcing that information was important for them, since Europeans were the only crowd without a release date (correct me if I'm wrong).

In any case, I ain't too worried. I'm sure most of you are worried about the disc version being region locked, but as for the download version... does that even work?

The digital version of the first P4U was region locked yes.

I'm about 90% sure the JP version will not be region locked (but that's a lot of money to pre-order anyway).

The reason being that the first game was region locked to stop Japan from importing the cheaper American version, according to a few articles I saw around the net at that time. Well, we'll get our answer soon enough, right?

What are the odds of Atlus answering an email/tweet/whatever asking whether the Japanese version is region locked or not? If I was proficient in Japanese I would give it a try and ask.

I'm about 90% sure the JP version will not be region locked (but that's a lot of money to pre-order anyway).

The reason being that the first game was region locked to stop Japan from importing the cheaper American version, according to a few articles I saw around the net at that time. Well, we'll get our answer soon enough, right?

If the first game is anything to go by, they announced the region lock something like 3-4 weeks before the Japanese release. Since we are about a week away from the release of the sequel now it seems reasonable to assume that they won't tell us at all. So I'm afraid that you're going to be right; we likely won't know until it's out.

What are the odds of Atlus answering an email/tweet/whatever asking whether the Japanese version is region locked or not? If I was proficient in Japanese I would give it a try and ask.

You will never get an answer for anything close to something like that by contacting Atlus Japan. You would get an answer by contacting John Hardin, the PR manager for Atlus USA, but he doesn't know anything about whether the Japan version is region locked or not.