Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

I agree he has the potential. We'll just have to see how things turn out.

I honestly believe its just that people too scared to try him. "No burst? Pixie character w/out v-slasher oki, meaning inconsistent knockdown?" Nahson. I do see what you are getting at, and aside from zoners I think the shadow mechanic can work for a lot of the cast

I honestly believe its just that people too scared to try him. "No burst? Pixie character w/out v-slasher oki, meaning inconsistent knockdown?" 

S. Yosuke can still vortex you just like Yosuke, he still has access to 236B > V Slash > j2C.

Edited by Pssych

S. Yosuke can still vortex you just like Yosuke, he still has access to V Slash > j2C.

I thought the shadows didnt have the new stuff

They retain the old auto combos, but gain all the new moves.

(Perhaps you should watch footage before assessing characters)

Edited by Pssych

I thought the shadows didnt have the new stuff

The only thing that Shadows doesnt have attack-wise is their new auto combo.  Instead they will have their old auto-combos from the first game. (S.Yukari, S.Junpei, S.Rise and S.Ken have their normal auto-combos, since they weren't in the original game.)

EDIT: Disco Ninja Frog'd  by Pssych. 

I only seen mitsurus and chie, so fuck off. :p

Whoa there Fenrir, there's no need for that! He's right though; S-Types get the old autocombos but get new moves for some odd reason. It would have been better if they just retained their P4A properties, but I say this as a biased P4A Yukiko player lol. I think every Shadow Type character has good potential to be a powerful character; it's just gonna take some time experimenting with them in training mode to see what they can really do. On the other hand, pretty much imo cream of the crop is S. Chie and S. Naoto because of how crazy momentum shifts in their once they hit Shadow Frenzy. There's no other Shadow Type I've seen that has the power to end you in just one Shadow Frenzy (one would say S.Kanji but I would say he comes very close).

Also Pssych pls, fix that attitude, that was just rude :v

Shadow Yosuke gets Shadow Fury > AoA > Tentarafoo resets, which I think nets a good 5-6k at least. So yes, he's definitely up there.

I would say that S.Yu, S.Chie, S.Mitsuru, S.Naoto and S.Yosuke are the best shadows out there right now. The others, I don't have solid info on since they aren't used much (cause they are weaker compared to their original counterparts. I would say that S.Kanji, S.Rise and S.Yukari might be more eligable for some MU's, but they aren't on par with their original counterparts due to some reasons. (S.KANJI, Y U NO GET THE NEW AUTOCOMBO)

Now we just people to commit to the character

Hal and Sova play S. Yosuke, should look them up. Hal has a 7 part match set against various people and a 7 minute long combo video with just S. Yosuke. He's commited to the character.

Rumors are, GreekAngel is gonna be committed to S. Yosuke too.

Edited by Pssych

Hal and Sova play S. Yosuke, should look them up.

How are they playing P4AU already,I thought Ultimax wasn't coming out until 28th in Japan? Or is it Arcade version?

How are they playing P4AU already,I thought Ultimax wasn't coming out until 28th in Japan? Or is it Arcade version?

Arcades

Along with Miss Amagi herself, I'm committing to Shadow Yukiko because I know there's some untapped power deep inside that nobody is bothering to discover. I'll also be looking into Score Attack Yukiko because fuck top tier characters :kitty:

Whoa there Fenrir, there's no need for that! He's right though; S-Types get the old autocombos but get new moves for some odd reason. It would have been better if they just retained their P4A properties, but I say this as a biased P4A Yukiko player lol. I think every Shadow Type character has good potential to be a powerful character; it's just gonna take some time experimenting with them in training mode to see what they can really do. On the other hand, pretty much imo cream of the crop is S. Chie and S. Naoto because of how crazy momentum shifts in their once they hit Shadow Frenzy. There's no other Shadow Type I've seen that has the power to end you in just one Shadow Frenzy (one would say S.Kanji but I would say he comes very close).

Also Pssych pls, fix that attitude, that was just rude :v

Well, S.Mitsuru can get 8k from a 2D starter. Regular Mitsuru can get 11k from a 5B starter. Kinda cool.

Oh good...

Id actually be careful, Xbox 360s track record isnt that great with region locks and what not, if you had a ps3 youd have less to worry about, the only ever region locked game on that was the original p4a 

edit: i did some digging and it looks like arc system works doesnt seem to like giving PAL access to their other regional free(ish) games

example: Blazblue calamity trigger jp was available to use on both jp and us xbox's and not the pal region, same with continuum shift, where cs extend was completely region locked on xbox.

I dont want to be that guy, but i wouldnt want a game i want to not work when i get it, so just giving you fair warning 

Id actually be careful, Xbox 360s track record isnt that great with region locks and what not, if you had a ps3 youd have less to worry about, the only ever region locked game on that was the original p4a 

edit: i did some digging and it looks like arc system works doesnt seem to like giving PAL access to their other regional free(ish) games

example: Blazblue calamity trigger jp was available to use on both jp and us xbox's and not the pal region, same with continuum shift, where cs extend was completely region locked on xbox.

I dont want to be that guy, but i wouldnt want a game i want to not work when i get it, so just giving you fair warning

Yeah I know that, and thanks for the warning. But is it possible to play any us game on a uk xbox? If not any but some.

A good percentage of games aren't region coded, but there's always those exceptions out there. You should look online for any mentions of this before you place your order.

Like I said before, Ultimax's US version is region free for both consoles as confirmed by Atlus USA, so you'll be fine.