Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Yo Margaret... She got the potential. The potential to be completely despised.

Sign me up.

Interesting. I'm not sure if this is accurate, but when I checked the information for P4 Ultimax on my PS3 (fully downloaded and installed <3), it said that the 'start date' is August 27th at 10:00 pm. 

Not sure whether it's JST or not, but yeah, just here to say that :).

Mine told me the 27th at 7:00 pm  we'll find out soon enough....oh well maybe because I was set on Pacific Time instead my actual current timezone.... #pro

Finally saw the Margaret segment. I dunno, does anyone here think she might be more than just "good"? I am afraid I cannot make the judgement. But I will say that the ground pound reminds me of Potemkin's Slide Head in functionality. She also got some crazy movement options for covering distances as well it seems. Definitely excited for her at least.

As for Adachi, maybe it's just me but doesn't it look like his status ailments disappear very quick? Perhaps I am so used to Lizzie and her many ways of inflicting Fear, but Adachi's looked like it barely covered half the duration she can inflict. Thoughts?

While his fear might be shorter than Liz and her fear, I did notice that Adachi's two buffs never left once they were applied. I think his potential lies in that. Adachi's major weakness at this point appears to be his need of the super mangatsu mandala (for the buff) in order to deal any real damage. Since that super is only available in awakening, Adachi needs to enter awakening (like Liz) to do anything lethal. If Adachi gets to keep his two buffs forever so long as they get applied (like Junpei's install carrying over to the next round), I think he has the potential to be a very solid character. If they only last for the round, he will struggle, as he has no mind charge like Liz to get into awakening. If somehow he's so flawed that he loses his buffs on hit, well our beloved cabbage detective will land himself into C tier prison. 

Play-asia just shipped out my copy some 10 minutes ago. With a little luck I might have the game before the weekend since delivery time is expected to be 1-3 days, but I'm a bit jealous of the people who went digital.

Thanks for linking the character themes, Doobylover.

Man, only on DL will you see people assigning tiers to characters who haven't even hit the playable roster yet.  

Actually that's completely untrue because I see that shit everywhere.

Your guys abilities to determine a characters worth without them being fully understood amazes and scares.

Very few people fully 'determine' character worth without full understanding. There is a such thing as educated guesses, which is what most people do, even if they're understanding or 'education' on the character is shit. It should fully be expected, and not looked down upon, unless people are trying to make definitive statements about tier placement, or something of major influence. 

anybody know if we're allowed to play at midnight? or is it tomorrow?

I don't think there's any way to know. Usually you're at the mercy of the PSN store, but with the way they set up preorders this time, there's a chance that your copy will unlock before the store updates.

While his fear might be shorter than Liz and her fear, I did notice that Adachi's two buffs never left once they were applied. I think his potential lies in that. Adachi's major weakness at this point appears to be his need of the super mangatsu mandala (for the buff) in order to deal any real damage. Since that super is only available in awakening, Adachi needs to enter awakening (like Liz) to do anything lethal. If Adachi gets to keep his two buffs forever so long as they get applied (like Junpei's install carrying over to the next round), I think he has the potential to be a very solid character. If they only last for the round, he will struggle, as he has no mind charge like Liz to get into awakening. If somehow he's so flawed that he loses his buffs on hit, well our beloved cabbage detective will land himself into C tier prison. 

Adachi=liz 2.0

I hope his buffs stay active even after getting hit or the round ending, I just love those little icons of his and the idea of a character self-buffing through supers, does anyone else get that terumi scum bag vibe from him? I mean Ghastly wail stomps and all that, I guess every fighting game needs someone like that lol

Is there a possibility that Ultimax isn't the last persona arena game? there are so many reasons I could argue about this.

given that Arena was a big seller for atlus and arc system works, it's unlikely that either will let the series die down, I don't mean that we're going to see a P4AU2 lol.

but maybe something like Persona 5 Arena, featuring the P5 cast, don't know if the P4AU cast will join, but they could brand it a spinoff and have a wierd time crossing story like Persona Q has.

I'm sure that many people would love to have more Persona fighting games in the future, but this is just me rambling and wishing it were the case so I won't entertain this beyond this post.

Is there a possibility that Ultimax isn't the last persona arena game? there are so many reasons I could argue about this.

given that Arena was a big seller for atlus and arc system works, it's unlikely that either will let the series die down, I don't mean that we're going to see a P4AU2 lol.

but maybe something like Persona 5 Arena, featuring the P5 cast, don't know if the P4AU cast will join, but they could brand it a spinoff and have a wierd time crossing story like Persona Q has.

I'm sure that many people would love to have more Persona fighting games in the future, but this is just me rambling and wishing it were the case so I won't entertain this beyond this post.

P4U2 is called "the final chapter in P-1 Grand Prix arc" in the Japanese trailer. It could easily be new games with a new story, and it likely will come if they refer P4A and P4U2 as P-1 Grand Prix arc.

P4U2 is called "the final chapter in P-1 Grand Prix arc" in the Japanese trailer. It could easily be new games with a new story, and it likely will come if they refer P4A and P4U2 as P-1 Grand Prix arc.

Yeah. To add to this, every time it's been referred to in English media, it's also been said to be the "Final Chapter of the P-1 Grand Prix Saga." The phrasing wouldn't be so deliberate if it wasn't to leave room for a potential sequel.

I don't think there's any way to know. Usually you're at the mercy of the PSN store, but with the way they set up preorders this time, there's a chance that your copy will unlock before the store updates.

The email that came by pre-ordering the DL version stated that the game would be available at 12:00 PM JST on August 28, so 10-11 PM EDT today is most likely when the game will be up.

ASW P4AU developer tournament stream is about to start.

I cant seem to get the actual stream. Keep getting the info page. Can you drop a link

Nvm I got it, that was weird

Your guys abilities to determine a characters worth without them being fully understood amazes and scares.

Well yeah sure but when most people talk about characters they like to reject the thought of them having P4A Chie okizeme and Kokonoe 1.0 damage. Either of those could move any character from nothing to a god. I think most of the potential lies in the kits we've seen. No harm in trying to piece a characters strengths and weaknesses together based on real footage of them.

Good thing the game is out soon so we can see it for real. 

Until the US release, I'll be creepin' nearly every P4AU stream in existence.

lol, that's what I'll be doing while waiting for the NA release. Plus, I'll be stalking people for Rise info.

JP version still not confirmed region free? :o

It's confirmed region free.

lol, that's what I'll be doing while waiting for the NA release. Plus, I'll be stalking people for Rise info.

It's confirmed region free.

did you see the super arcade rise info? there was some interesting pressure that they had down

did you see the super arcade rise info? there was some interesting pressure that they had down

No I have not. Mind posting a link in the Rise gameplay thread?