Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

downloaded earlier this week, Initial D'ed my way home, and started playing it a few hours ago. Seems the only dlc available right now is glasses/colors, and im assuming is the story mode from p4u1. There's some dlc with a yellow lock on it, but dont know what the deal with that is. 

Paid unlocks. Those with a yellow lock can be unlocked through game play but with those DLC you can choose them without the need of unlocking them.

EVERYONE IN THIS GAME CAN BE A NAVIGATOR, I REPEAT--EVERYONE IN THIS GAME CAN BE A NAVIGATOR

Yu Navi

Yosuke Navi

Chie Navi

Yukiko Navi

Teddie Navi

Kanji Navi

Rise Navi

Naoto Navi

Sho Navi

Minazuki Navi

I'M SURE YOU GET THE IDEA

ADACHI is OUT, I saw a japanese player use him

He probably just got the download code for him that come with the physical copies. Again, 1 week for us digital owners

EVERYONE IN THIS GAME CAN BE A NAVIGATOR, I REPEAT--EVERYONE IN THIS GAME CAN BE A NAVIGATOR

Yu Navi

Yosuke Navi

Chie Navi

Yukiko Navi

Teddie Navi

Kanji Navi

Rise Navi

Naoto Navi

Sho Navi

Minazuki Navi

Well choosing navi for golden arena just became impossible

[i'll stick with adachi thank you]

Yu Navi

Yosuke Navi

Chie Navi

Yukiko Navi

Teddie Navi

Kanji Navi

Rise Navi

Naoto Navi

Sho Navi

Minazuki Navi

Junpei Navigator for when I play Aki, and Sholo navigator for when I play Minazuki.

SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEEET

So has anyone else ordered from Japan Codes and is still waiting for their order to finish processing?  I bought mine monday, the money came out of paypal an hour after the order, but i've gotten nothing since.  Sent two emails asking what's going on and have gotten zero response.  Last time I had my codes in less than 6 hours after ordering, so this is getting absurdly frustrating.  

you many just need to hit them up on their facebook page with the order number.

Playing from Japan and have some news from magazines out today (I think, didn't read the whole thread). 

Character DLC:

Adachi 9/4

Marie 9/11

Margaret 9/25

Dates confirmed in today's Dengeki Playstation Magazine. If you have the Adachi code he is downloadable and playable.

Palettes:

1-14 are the same from P4A

15-18 are new palettes. 15 and 16 (Black and Gold) from P4A are removed by default and become 30 and 31.

19-24 ?? (Likely PSN Store DLC available now -- but only for old characters)

Palette 25 is available exclusively from a code in August 28 Dengeki Playstation magazine, purple/black/red/white theme. 

Palette 26 is available exclusively from a code in August 28 Famitsu Playstation magazine, mostly based on other characters.

27-29 ??

30-31 Black and Gold, offline only. 

Soooo, how can we unlock boss characters? I tried doing Score Attack and Arcade Mode but they didn't work and I have no idea how to unlock them.

So now EVERYONE can be a navigator? So now on top of Adachi and Aigis I'll also need Kanji, Elizabeth, Junpei and Chie and...you get the idea?!
My wallet will suffer.
And now, along with everyone else who's too cheap to import, I'll be playing the ''be patient for a month and stay away from everything that could give away spoilers'' game...

Is there any advantage to buying the digital version on Japan PSN store instead of Hong Kong PSN store? From what it looks like the HK version is exactly the same and lower price. Just wondering before I buy points cards.

No advantage at all, both are the same version.

And since there is no free DLCs on the JP store, you can go and buy the HK version

cause both versions are region free it's their way to try and cut down on reverse importing? I guess but it's still dumb

Two pages late, I know, but is there a source for this? 'Cause it'd be really weird for the Japanese release to have full dual audio while the localized version is limited.

Two pages late, I know, but is there a source for this? 'Cause it'd be really weird for the Japanese release to have full dual audio while the localized version is limited.

Yea, I heard also that the american version wouldn't have japanese voices or something.

So how exactly does Rise's rhythm super work?

Rise player must press w/e button is ABCD when Music note lands in area, just like any other beat rythem game - More times you hit the correct note higher damage will be once super ends.

How ever you can cheese it out kinda by spamming all 4 Buttons at same time and get the correct note. (Since you dont lose Damage meter for miss pressing or miss timing the buttons being pressed in circle afiak) - but then again i wouldnt really advice doing that,

Damn I was sorta kinda hoping that the song would keep going if you didn't fill out the meter by hitting wrong notes... I guess it was too much to ask for.

Only thing is im not finding damage to be consistent when spamming it - and neither do i find it consistent when i do it normally, so i wouldn't advice it that much. just little thing i guess.