Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

I was so excited to actually being able to afford this come Sept. 30, and then the harsh reality of being a college student smacked me like a ton of bricks and made me realize that I'll have barely any time to practice this game like I want. 

So the obvious solution is to just mooch off my friend's copy at his house until the semester is over and I can play my own with no distractions :V

IKR? I can't afford P4U2, so i'll probably skip it and buy Xrd. Being a college student is harsh.

it is but will only have japanese text

The game doesn't have english voices on story mode? I heard it has.

Question regarding the rhythm game super: do the positions of the notes change if you have your buttons mapped differently? 

For example, the notes seem to line up with the default controls:

A    C

B    D

But if I remapped the buttons to:

A    B

C    D

Would I have to hit my lower-left "C" in order to hit a note going towards the upper right?

Yeah I'd rather have fun with the rhythm than press everything.

there's 3 note variations of it. i found the second variation to be a little sketchy to get all correct the first few tries. Mashing didnt seem to help me out, if you hit most of the notes you'll get pretty good damage off of it, regardless of getting the meter full. 

Question regarding the rhythm game super: do the positions of the notes change if you have your buttons mapped differently? 

For example, the notes seem to line up with the default controls:

A    C

B    D

But if I remapped the buttons to:

A    B

C    D

Would I have to hit my lower-left "C" in order to hit a note going towards the upper right?

it stays as:

A   C

B   D

EDIT: sorry for double posting. 

The game doesn't have english voices on story mode? I heard it has.

it does did you read the last couple of pages? I stated that the jpn version has dual audio for fights and story, eng version only has dual audio for fights

it does did you read the last couple of pages? I stated that the jpn version has dual audio for fights and story, eng version only has dual audio for fights

Oh, I see. I didn't read the last few pages, that's why I didn't know,

Has that actually been confirmed?

Has that actually been confirmed?

as far as the japanese version is concerned, yes. dual audio for fights and story. Everywhere else is saying eng version only has it for fights, though i have no sources to cite. I just heard this over and over through word of mouth. 

could've just been online patch, im guessing. if you downloaded it early and just selected the game and hit "Check for Updates" it was already made available before the release as well. 

Any idea what that 1.01 psn update is about ?

it's just more music for selection during vs mode etc, mostly music from P4 The animation....sky's the limit and such

it stays as:

A   C

B   D

EDIT: sorry for double posting. 

Thanks for this. That's pretty unfortunate, and now I'm torn between re-learning the default controls or skipping Rise altogether.

I'm surprised the most important question hasn't been asked yet - is rematch functionality still in? For either offline or online?

I'm surprised the most important question hasn't been asked yet - is rematch functionality still in? For either offline or online?

There was a stream yesterday evening that showcased it so yeah, I'd say it's in for online at the very least.

Was bored, here's the DLC BGM pack contents.

追加BGM【P3パック】
Additional BGM Pack [P3]
Burn My Dread
Memories of You (P3 ending theme)
Deep Mentality (Hierophant/Lovers Shadows theme)

追加BGM【P4パック#1】
Additional BGM Pack [P4 #1]
Pursuing My True Self
Heaven
Quelorie Magic! (Rise commercial theme)

追加BGM【P4パック#2】
Additional BGM Pack [P4 #2]
Never More (P4 ending theme)
Time to Make History
It's SHOW TIME! (Shadow Rise theme)

追加BGM【P4パック#3】
Additional BGM Pack [P4 #3]
Shadow World (P4G opening theme)
Let's Hit the Beach
True Story

Was messing around in the options last night. Went to lobby and just entered random rooms. 8/10 i would choose a room with just JP people inside and random NA names that are familiar. This lobby system isn't the same because it's not a map of the world and you pick/stay away from a certain region. Sooo, I'm wondering should certain regional players decide on a certain lobby to entire or something

According to this post from Tokkan back when they showed the second lobby trailer, the lobbies mention which region of the world players should be from when playing in the lobby. Not sure if it's still the case in the final release.

I like how the lobby worlds specifically say which region of the real world the people playing in them are supposed to come from (Inaba worlds (except TV World) = Japan, Tatsumi Port Island worlds (except Tartarus) = North America, Tartarus = no specific region).

Oh yea I forgot about that post. Thanks. Guess Port Island it is. But I'm pretty sure I went there last night and saw JP people anyway

You did state that, but you also failed to provide any proof of such.

Did Atlus USA comment about pure dual audio?

People are saying the Eng version is only dual audio for the fights because it's in the game files. In the files the Japanese version was full dual audio and it turned out to be true. Pretty sure that's what they are going off of that.

EDIT: While i'm at it, is there any other way to get money besides playing online, and golden arena?

Has a lobby been specified for us?  I glanced through lobby mode a couple of times but everyone would have 0s, so I thought that they were all from japan.