Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

yes Adachi comes out the 4th, Marie the 11th, and Margaret the  25th....

I think he's talking about that the picture looks like shadow marie.  I personally don't remember if she gets a shadow mode or not.

^

Notice the yellow eyes instead of green.

you mean the standard button layout? if so its

AC

BD

I know, but I need to know the buttons for evade, ommc, omb, and dp. Are there translated menus around?

Just in case anyone is wondering how to get the palette 26 character reference colors (and you should, because they're freaking awesome):

1. If you don't have a Bookwalker account, make one, it's fairly straightforward. http://bookwalker.jp, the top right grey button.

2. Find the issue of Famitsu Magazine here: http://bookwalker.jp/de1826b3b2-91f2-46a9-8c68-20d14e1e7553/週刊ファミ通-2014年9月11日号/

3. Click the green button to put it in your cart, and check out. Just keep following the steps and eventually you'll get a purchase confirmation.

4. Now go to https://member.bookwalker.jp/app/03/my/amenity_logs. It will pull up a list of all the DLC codes you got. The first one (ペルソナ4...) should be the one you want, and the third one is some costume for Hyperdimension Neptunia if you care about that. Plug the code into your JP PSN account and you're good to go!

The process for obtaining color 25 should be the same, but you'll have to find the corresponding magazine, which I believe is this one: http://bookwalker.jp/de0b09a1da-b761-4647-9cbb-4ec68f68b133/%E9%9B%BB%E6%92%83PlayStation-Vol-573-%E3%80%90%E3%83%97%E3%83%AD%E3%83%80%E3%82%AF%E3%83%88%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E4%BB%98%E3%81%8D%E3%80%91/

For those of us who purchased with a HK account, can I do this on my JPN account still?  I mean, the JPN and Hong Kong versions of the game are identical are they not?  

This was on tumblr. Is this gonna be DLC too? -_-

tumblr_inline_naygx9DEjV1shghrc.jpg

That was just an unused portrait that was found in the game's files, much like Kokonoe's pre-battle and defeated sprites.

That being said, I'm not opposed to the concept of Shadow Marie, but having to purchase her AND her shadow version would be completely stupid.

I know, but I need to know the buttons for evade, ommc, omb, and dp. Are there translated menus around?

Do you mean the commands for those actions? If so, evasive action = AC, OMB = ACD, and DP = BD.

For those of us who purchased with a HK account, can I do this on my JPN account still?  I mean, the JPN and Hong Kong versions of the game are identical are they not?

I'm not sure about that actually, since DLC is tied to specific game versions. If the HK version really is identical then it should work, but you wouldn't be able to use a JP code on the NA version, for instance. It's only $3, so maybe you could be our guinea pig? :eng101:

I'm not sure if this goes here or not...but does anyone know the time ArcRevo is supposed to start? or have a link to their NicoNico stream?

I'm not sure if this goes here or not...but does anyone know the time ArcRevo is supposed to start? or have a link to their NicoNico stream?

Official site: http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/arc-revo2014/

Stream: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv189803883

I believe it starts at 3:30PM JP time, which would be 2:30AM EST tonight. Not sure how much of that is the pre-show, last year it lasted for like 2 hours.

I'm not sure about that actually, since DLC is tied to specific game versions. If the HK version really is identical then it should work, but you wouldn't be able to use a JP code on the NA version, for instance. It's only $3, so maybe you could be our guinea pig? :eng101:

I'll consider it.  I have three accounts (US, HK, JPN) so I SHOULD be able to purchase it, plug it into my JPN account and be good to go, given that HK P4U is literally the same game as the JPN one.

I'll consider it.  I have three accounts (US, HK, JPN) so I SHOULD be able to purchase it, plug it into my JPN account and be good to go, given that HK P4U is literally the same game as the JPN one.

no DLC on psn is separated by regions if you buy a game from the HK store you have to use the HK dlc on it if you buy the Jp psn dlc it won't work with your game.

That would be true, yes, but only if the games are different.  When my friend gameshared JJBA ASB DLC with me, it worked fine (he was on JPN store and me on HK store) so if the HK store's verson of P4U2 is the exact same as the JPN one (which I believe it is) then there SHOULDN'T be any issues.

I actually just tried it.

All JP DLC will work on the HK version of the game, not just the colors.

I put the code on my friend's JP account in case it wouldn't work so at least he'd be able to use it, but it worked just fine, not a waste of $3 at all.

no DLC on psn is separated by regions if you buy a game from the HK store you have to use the HK dlc on it if you buy the Jp psn dlc it won't work with your game.

Normally yes, but the HK stores sells games from different regions

More translations

World (Server) Info

1 Yasogami High School - A world to communicate with others and have fun. (Japan)

2 Junes Inaba - A world for players looking for friends. (Japan)

3 Inaba Central Shopping District -  A world for players looking for a real match. (Japan)

4 Samegawa Flood Plain - A world where where you can select boss characters. (Japan)

5 Inside the TV - A world for newcomers. (Japan)

6 Gekkoukan High School - A world aimed at North American players who want to have fun.

7 Iwatodai Dormitory - A world aimed at North American players looking for friends.

8 Polonian Mall - A world aimed at North American players who want a real match.

9 Naganaki Shrine - A world aimed at North American players where you can select boss characters.

10 Tartaros - A world where you can play against people from all over the real world.

Lobbies (32 people max in a lobby)

I to XIII, Tarot Card Names (e.g.  I Magician)

Is there a training menu translation somewhere?

Pause Menu

Basic Practice Settings

Practice Dummy Settings

Character Specific Settings

Restore Defaults

Reset Position

Command List

Button Settings

Sound Settings

Hide Pause Menu

Character Select

Main Menu

Return to training

Basic Training Settings

Hit Point Recovery: Fast Recovery / Regular

Max HP (P1): 100

Max HP (P2): 100

Awakening (P1): Always On / Off / Regular

SP Gauge: 150

Persona Gage: Max / Before Break / Break / Regular

Burst Gauge: Infinite / Regular

Counter Hit: Regular / Strong Counter Hit / Strong Fatal Counter / Random

Negative Penalty: Regular / Always / Off

Ailment: Regular / Off / Frozen

Position Reset to: Center / Right / Left / Same as before

Information Display: Both / Completely Off / None / Input History / Damage

Return to pause menu

Training Dummy Settings

Partner Status: [DM] Training Dummy / Controller / COM / Repeat Attack

COM Level: 50

Dummy Record and Play: Memory-1 through Memory-5 / Random [You can make up to five recordings and play them back individually or at random]

Action: Stand / Crouch / Jump 

Blocking: Don’t Block / Block  All / Block Midway Through / Block from the Beginning / Random

Block Switching: On / Random / Off

Instant Block: Off / On

Air Recovery: Off / Neutral / Up / Back / Front 

Ground Recovery: Off / On / Random

Wake-Up: Off / On / Random

Freeze Recovery: Off / On / Random

Throw Escape: Off / On / Random 

Return to Pause Menu

Character Settings

Chie

Charge level: Regular / 1-3

Yosuke

Sukukaja Gauge: Regular / Infinite

Yukiko

Fire Booster: 1-9

Fire Block Skill: Regular / Fast Recovery 

Naoto

Destiny Counter: Regular / 0 / MAX

Teddy

Starting Item Setting 1: Regular / MF-06 Brahman / Dr. Salt NEO / Heavy Armor Agni / Mystery Food X / Smart Bomb / Oil Drum / Bike Key / Firecracker / Dry Ice / Vanish Ball / Varna / Muscle Drink / Pinwheel / Pretty V / Ball Lightning / Amagiya Buckets

Fixed Item 1 (5D): Regular / Fixed

Starting Item Setting 2:  Regular / Firecracker / Dry Ice / Vanish Ball / Varna / Muscle Drink / Pinwheel / Pretty V / Ball Lightning / Amagiya Buckets / MF-06 Brahman / Dr. Salt NEO / Heavy Armor Agni / Mystery Food X / Smart Bomb / Oil Drum / Bike Key

Fixed Item 2 (5D): Regular / Fixed

? Nani ga deru kuma SP: Regular / Fast Recovery

Akihiko

Charge Icon: Regular / Always On 

Aigis

Orgia Guage : Regular / Fast Recovery

Key: 通常 Regular / 固定 Fixed / ランダム Random / 行う On / 行わない Off / 常に有効 Always ON / 常に無効 Always OFF

There are a bunch of English terms I'm not familiar with or will have the wrong terms for. Please let me know what they should be changed to (mostly marked with a ?)

Edit: Fixed some English terms.

Unlocking boss characters: complete the character's Arcade route on Risky. That's it. Continues are allowed.

P4A characters seem to be their Score Attack models; new characters are just as bad.

For anyone who has the Persona Magazine: Where do you check to get the exclusive Lobby avatar? If there's a PSN code, I can't find it.

For anyone who has the Persona Magazine: Where do you check to get the exclusive Lobby avatar? If there's a PSN code, I can't find it.

Open the back cover, there will be a purple envelope and a blue postcard. Cut the envelope open and the code is listed in there. Make sure you have the blue September issue. 

Open the back cover, there will be a purple envelope and a blue postcard. Cut the envelope open and the code is listed in there. Make sure you have the blue September issue. 

Thank you. Was thinking of cutting that thing to check, but I didn't want to risk it as I wasn't sure it was an envelope.

Unlocking boss characters: complete the character's Arcade route on Risky. That's it. Continues are allowed.

P4A characters seem to be their Score Attack models; new characters are just as bad.

And just to add on, you just need the Risky course. Arcade does not require you to have Risky difficulty from option.

And just to add on, you just need the Risky course. Arcade does not require you to have Risky difficulty from option.

Does the difficulty in game options actually affect the difficulty of the course you take? Is there a difference between a Risky course on easy vs hard difficulty?

Does the difficulty in game options actually affect the difficulty of the course you take? Is there a difference between a Risky course on easy vs hard difficulty?

I replayed part of a Risky course I cleared on default difficulty and I didn't notice a difference in AI smarts when I set the game to "SAFETY/Easy" in options. But Ken's Risky course may be an oddball -- it's nothing but Shadow types until the end. The AI feels like a mixture of stupid and random: sometimes they'd actually go into Shadow Rampage/Fury/Berserk and attempt a ToD and other times they'd burn 50 meter on a pointless super (kind of like Score Attack Yosuke in P4A spending meter on Sukukaja). Shadow Labrys (Ariadne) more or less invites you to persona break her regularly. I'll set the game to Hell and see if I notice a change.

The opponents don't seem to be random, but order definitely is.

ETA: Safety vs. Risky difficulty didn't seem to make a difference. Shadow Aigis is an idiot, even on Risky/Risky -- blows all her ammo, doesn't hit confirm before burning meter on supers, overheats, fires repeat Pandoras full screen at angles that don't even force you to block ... oh, and she loves Radical Cannon. (Facepalm.) After spending all her ammo, she cycled between Pandora and Gatling, even after Gatling did nothing multiple times. The AI in general doesn't like to block and welcomes persona breaks. Some AI opponents don't finish AoAs, either. All of them, save Aigis and occasionally Kanji, used their auto-combo with minor variations. At 50 meter, they'd do a random super, usually the least helpful one. (Aigis didn't her auto-combo, just went straight for 5D/Mode Change/Gatling, and Kanji would switch between auto-combo and YOLO grabs. Pretty much everyone would toss out 5C if not in range for 5A, giving you a free card.)

You can use Continues if you draw a bad MU or are fighting with a new character for completion's sake, and it's possible Safety vs. Risky in the difficulty settings makes some minor changes to the AI, but if there are changes, they're not game-breaking. Shadow Labrys (Ariadne) loves Brutal Impact and doesn't punish Ken's DP -- that's a constant; Shadow Teddie and Shadow Kanji give you easy fatals, etc. Max level AI actually ran into a super (botched an input, got super, thought I'd be punished -- nope, the AI decided to run face first into the lightening). So take that for what it's worth.

Score Attack Risky courses are a totally different story and more similar to P4A score attack. Junpei starts out one run away from Victory Cry and with damage buffs, the AI will bait and punish, etc.