Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Play characters you want to play because you want to play them. Even if there was a tier list at this point, it wouldn't be accurate, because it assumes both players (player and opponent) have knowledge of the match up with the character enough to make informed decisions that make them low/high tier.

This is not the case right now, and will not be for a long while.

Play characters you want to play because you want to play them. Even if there was a tier list at this point, it wouldn't be accurate, because it assumes both players (player and opponent) have knowledge of the match up with the character enough to make informed decisions that make them low/high tier.

This is not the case right now, and will not be for a long while.

Actually it's fairly accurate if you're a homie from glorious Nippon.

Does nobody know that Japan has been playing this with 900 PSR players for a year and has had national tournaments.

Does nobody know that Japan has been playing this with 900 PSR players for a year and has had national tournaments.

While that may be true, again, if someone (us) were to use the tier list, it would do nothing for us. We don't know the full details of why characters are high tier or low tier enough to even use them for the reasons they are good, or know the reasons why characters are low tier and what counters them so bad that they ARE low tier. Basically to us, it doesn't help.

We know the true potential of the character at optimal skill level with full knowledge of the game, but we don't have the knowledge to make decisions to make the characters even perform at those levels.

Not to mention, there are tons of new characters that weren't in the arcades. Tier lists are done based on matchups, and which characters have the best matchups overall. Any one of the new characters could completely destroy the high tier characters, or the low tier characters could have good odds against the new characters.

While that may be true, again, if someone (us) were to use the tier list, it would do nothing for us. We don't know the full details of why characters are high tier or low tier enough to even use them for the reasons they are good, or know the reasons why characters are low tier and what counters them so bad that they ARE low tier. Basically to us, it doesn't help.

We know the true potential of the character at optimal skill level with full knowledge of the game, but we don't have the knowledge to make decisions to make the characters even perform at those levels.

Not to mention, there are tons of new characters that weren't in the arcades. Tier lists are done based on matchups, and which characters have the best matchups overall. Any one of the new characters could completely destroy the high tier characters, or the low tier characters could have good odds against the new characters.

Actually it does help because it gives realistic expectations for the shape of our MUs. There's a lot more to a tier list than the raw MU numbers and character strength. We don't have a MU chart list yet which sucks, but we have ideas. Ideas are good to have lol. We have a lot of knowledge and are learning things. These are all basic shit. If a character forces weird MUs it won't change the list drastically, it'll just shift where chars are located.

You know what we don't know? All the OSes and in depth meta that has existed in this game and been developed in Japan. We're gonna stop talking about the tier lists until we have a better reason to. That other stuff should be talked about though, so try looking into it or asking around about it.

No. This is not how it works. It doesn't matter which Character you choose for the fights to get 100% as I only went through them once and still got (in the end) 100% on both

To get 100% on P3 and P4, you need to see which scenes have a yellow "clear!" sign and go through them again choosing the dialogue option you didn't choose before and go through the story until it gets you to the menu. Doing this unlocks the true ending

On P3's side there is an extra scene after you get thrown to the menu, so go over it. Remember that you have to go through the scenes, so wait for the game to get you to the menu.

well, everything has red clear, but no increase in percentage. i'm so lost. 

Actually it's fairly accurate if you're a homie from glorious Nippon.

not for Rise, Ken, Adachi, and Marie though

They're just as new to Japan as the rest of us

And that's exactly why we haven't got any tier lists with them yet

not for Rise, Ken, Adachi, and Marie though

They're just as new to Japan as the rest of us

And that's exactly why we haven't got any tier lists with them yet

Did you not read any of my other posts? I said we can only give impressions for new chars and that we are done talking about tier lists in here, everything that's needed to be said has been said. Time to focus on something more useful to us.

Did you not read any of my other posts? I said we can only give impressions for new chars and that we are done talking about tier lists in here, everything that's needed to be said has been said. Time to focus on something more useful to us.

Although I somewhat have a problem with your reasoning behind tier lists and whatnot, I'll move from this and just instead offer my impressions on the console characters.

Rise: Half-wit, Half-braindead, meaning half of the time you're gonna have to be clever to cause openings and rush-ins, and half of the other time just spouting combos once you're actually in there. You don't really have to be as creative once Rise up, close and personal--just focus on optimal combos and such. She's actually very threatening and deadly when played properly and I'd say she's a well balanced character. Word to the wise--DO NOT DP if the opponent is on winning round AND has IK meter. With the exception of Liz, Yukari, possibly Akihiko

Adachi: I wouldn't be surprised if quite a bit of people drop him later on down the road. He has a rewarding factor like Junpei, but it takes a great deal of work to actually pull off. He also has trouble against zoners. His supers are nice and have a penchant for catching people off-guard, but other than that Adachi needs a lot of work in order to master.

Marie: Quite fun. She feels really natural compared to some of the other newcomers. Has nice range and feels really solid, but has some issues zoning-wise, but rush opponents with ease with her useful tools. My guess is she'll place higher than Adachi for sure, but who exactly she'll place under, who knows...

Ken/Koro: Don't you call these pair the "Chaos" of this game--they're seriously not even close. I assume a lot of people will say these two will be low-tier, but I say try fighting a set with a good Ken/Koro player, because it might change your perspective. They're quite annoying and brilliant at the same time, as if you try to go after Ken, Koro will get you, and if you try to focus on taking out the dog, Ken will use that as an opening. Their corner pressure is godlike, and their combo potential is a lot stronger than you think. All I'm really trying to say is don't be quick to write these guys off, because I believe they are a lot stronger than people would think.

...if I had to take a guess on where they'd place on the tier chart...

Rise - A+

Adachi - B-

Marie - A

Ken & Koro - B+

On a more constructive note, this was retweeted by Souji. Looks like some system data corrections. Daw, he even used DL wiki (which we took from the mook) as a reference.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s267/sh/607e7341-0f2a-4077-8cf4-5371612e62ae/80042566f866ecfbead53d41b22bf69e

If one of our fine translators can decipher this, it would be grand.

This might be a little bit off topic but could someone tell how to get/where to buy the velvet room color (no. 23) for the characters. Thanks in advance.

This might be a little bit off topic but could someone tell how to get/where to buy the velvet room color (no. 23) for the characters. Thanks in advance.

You can buy them in the JP PS Store. There are 6 packs (200 Yen each) for different characters and one for all of them (1000 Yen). You can find them by searching for "P4U2" in the Store.

You can buy them in the JP PS Store. There are 6 packs (200 Yen each) for different characters and one for all of them (1000 Yen). You can find them by searching for "P4U2" in the Store.

Really!? I thought the only colors you can get from the JP PS store are no. 19-22. Seems like i was wrong, lol. Thanks for the help!

Although I somewhat have a problem with your reasoning behind tier lists and whatnot, I'll move from this and just instead offer my impressions on the console characters.

Rise: Half-wit, Half-braindead, meaning half of the time you're gonna have to be clever to cause openings and rush-ins, and half of the other time just spouting combos once you're actually in there. You don't really have to be as creative once Rise up, close and personal--just focus on optimal combos and such. She's actually very threatening and deadly when played properly and I'd say she's a well balanced character. Word to the wise--DO NOT DP if the opponent is on winning round AND has IK meter. With the exception of Liz, Yukari, possibly Akihiko

Adachi: I wouldn't be surprised if quite a bit of people drop him later on down the road. He has a rewarding factor like Junpei, but it takes a great deal of work to actually pull off. He also has trouble against zoners. His supers are nice and have a penchant for catching people off-guard, but other than that Adachi needs a lot of work in order to master.

Marie: Quite fun. She feels really natural compared to some of the other newcomers. Has nice range and feels really solid, but has some issues zoning-wise, but rush opponents with ease with her useful tools. My guess is she'll place higher than Adachi for sure, but who exactly she'll place under, who knows...

Ken/Koro: Don't you call these pair the "Chaos" of this game--they're seriously not even close. I assume a lot of people will say these two will be low-tier, but I say try fighting a set with a good Ken/Koro player, because it might change your perspective. They're quite annoying and brilliant at the same time, as if you try to go after Ken, Koro will get you, and if you try to focus on taking out the dog, Ken will use that as an opening. Their corner pressure is godlike, and their combo potential is a lot stronger than you think. All I'm really trying to say is don't be quick to write these guys off, because I believe they are a lot stronger than people would think.

...if I had to take a guess on where they'd place on the tier chart...

Rise - A+

Adachi - B-

Marie - A

Ken & Koro - B+

There's absolutely no way Marie ranks that high. Her damage is pretty mediocre. 

I think you're seriously underselling Adachi, he's got some stupid, stupid stuff. 

I feel like people are very quick to oversell Marie and undersell Rise. Rise seems pretty universally hated in general, either you use her and think she sucks or you play against her and think she's OP.

I guess Marie has a more balanced gameplay and isn't so momentum-reliant so she gets a pass from the same people even though they're basically the same character.

Didnt Marie and Adachi come out less than a week ago? isnt the console version still new? why you trying to tier all of them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure this is the proper thread to ask this but oh well.

How do you know which set of glasses is to which character on the PS Store  ? or is each pack containing a certain number of glasses for every character ? I'm kinda confused since I didn't see the names of the characters on glasses set ?

No seriously stop being dumb about this shit or we will never talk about tiers in this thread again.

I got nothing...But yeah, lets just discuss more news and gameplay and less about what A-F quoted, speaking of which, the US P4AU site got update more or less the same thing with trailers for the "New Systems" and "Story" Trailer, and other stuff in English highlighted by the word "New". Since as now, the "P4A Story" is confirmed DLC in the US.

Not sure this is the proper thread to ask this but oh well.

How do you know which set of glasses is to which character on the PS Store? Or is each pack containing a certain number of glasses for every character ? I'm kinda confused since I didn't see the names of the characters on glasses set ?

I got that covered...http://bit.ly/1qiD1hU

Yeah, I'll get it updated as soon as I can, sorry about that. >_>

Hey guys, don't forget about that system data!

No seriously stop being dumb about this shit or we will never talk about tiers in this thread again.

Lol, you're so vehement at comments being made here. No need to be that way towards people. A lot of the people questioning the topic are coming with a level head, and (at least marginally) intelligent explanations behind them. I'm not really on either side of the discussion, but you're essentially expecting everyone to feel the same way about the topic at hand, or "They're being dumb", and "We shouldn't be having this conversation". If the conversation is going to be had at all, impressions and ideas from all sides should be expected :P.

Just had to chime in ^_^.

On a slightly different topic, does anyone know if only NA accounts will be able to take advantage of the free Adachi and Marie DLC in the first week?

Since there isn't even an EU release of the game and all.

On a slightly different topic, does anyone know if only NA accounts will be able to take advantage of the free Adachi and Marie DLC in the first week?

At worst, you might need to make a NA PSN account to enter the code, but after that you'll be able to use it on any account you want, as long as it's with the NA version of the game.

As of right now yeah.