Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

she can do 4k on most characters with a 5A starter and 50 meter

she can do 5k fatals that only require 1 meter

she can't do the 4k BnB on the Shos, Labri, or Teddie, but it works on everyone else

Marie does hella damage, but she needs meter, since half of it is from her weather super

At worst, you might need to make a NA PSN account to enter the code, but after that you'll be able to use it on any account you want, as long as it's with the NA version of the game.

They're not pre-order codes or anything Celerity, you can easily go to their product pages on their respective console/web stores and "Purchase"/"Download" them for Free whenever they're up (As an example, more or less, like the Lobby Avatars that's also free for Adachi/Marie). But yeah, the DLC characters will be easily obtainable, and you can use them on your other regional accounts also. Its just a matter of time, that's all.

Adachi and Marie are free the first week?

Aw hell. My friend's getting me this game for my birthday, which happens to land on the last day of said week (October 4th). I hope they're still free then. I don't even plan on playing them probably, I just feel like I should have everyone even if I don't use them.

Adachi and Marie are free the first week?

Aw hell. My friend's getting me this game for my birthday, which happens to land on the last day of said week (October 4th). I hope they're still free then. I don't even plan on playing them probably, I just feel like I should have everyone even if I don't use them.

You don't have to wait until you have the game. You can get them for free when they first come out on the 30th and when you get the game, they'll be waiting for you. 

she can do 5k fatals that only require 1 meter

she can't do the 4k BnB on the Shos, Labri, or Teddie, but it works on everyone else

Marie does hella damage, but she needs meter, since half of it is from her weather super

I stand corrected. What's her meterless damage like?

Average mostly, 2.5 to 3k without meter, plus corner carry depending in the route taken. Most Enders also give her a summon to work with, or arrows, or a chance for super ender.

Marie does 2.3-2.8k meterless on everyone but the shos, labri, and teddie depending on if you go for item placement or raw damage

She has really good corner carry and meter gain, with her getting 20-30 meter from a midscreen BnB

She also has multiple ways to combo into her autocombo, resulting in 40+ meter gained from a single combo

On a more constructive note, this was retweeted by Souji. Looks like some system data corrections. Daw, he even used DL wiki (which we took from the mook) as a reference.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s267/sh/607e7341-0f2a-4077-8cf4-5371612e62ae/80042566f866ecfbead53d41b22bf69e

If one of our fine translators can decipher this, it would be grand.

You only want the corrections, right? I can translate the rest of it, though I don't think there will be any differences.

Awakening effects:

- 1.6 defense increase (received damage is reduced to 62.5%)

- Awakening SP skill becomes available

- The gauge is increased by 50%

About simultaneous throw and hit:

If a throw and a hit come out simultaneously, the throw wins.

About dashing:

In this game, when you stop dashing forward, a character performs a dash recovery animation.

This animation lasts for 2 frames and has the following traits:

1) Blocking is unavailable

2) The character is considered standing (important for moves such as Kanji's diving grab)

However, this motion can be canceled by any move other than crouching.

This only concerns the empty crouching: you can still perform crouching attacks to cancel the animation.

You still cannot block, though, so to avoid getting Furious Actioned in response, you can simply crouch instead of throwing out any attacks.

About backstep:

In P4U, you cannnot backstep if you cannot release the block for at least 1 frame while standing. While crouching, the gap must be at least 2 frames wide.

For example, try doing it between Akihiko's A Sonic and A Hook (whether you block it standing or crouching, there's a 1-frame window between the two.)

While you can backstep after standing block, you cannot do it after crouching block.

The same pattern can be seen in other cases.

If you find any cases where this is not true, it'd be nice of you to tell me by Twitter.

I believe it should probably always be true, though.

About fuzzy guard:

Unlike other ASW fighting games, like GG or BB, in P4U, you need to keep in mind your previous blocking state in case of fuzzy guards.

Example:

Naoto's j.C > rising j.A is a pair of overheads, so if you switch between standing and crouching guard, you will be hit by the fuzzy-guard overhead despite the fact that j.A should whiff on crouching characters.

Any double-checking is welcome.

Thanks! It looks pretty consistent with what I'd seen so far.

That last item on the dashing seems inconsistent with previous points though - isn't blocking still locked during dash recovery and can't be cancelled with empty crouch? It'd work if they meant that you could probably go through the 2F and block before the FA went active, but it seems like it wouldn't work in some scenarios.

All clear for me except one minor detail, fuzzy guard breaks like Naoto's jC>jA, also exists in GG and BB, but that doesn't have any incidence on the fact that fuzzy guard breaks work in P4A so^^

Anyone notice the Atlus USA site for the game has a "Coming Soon" slot despite containing all currently known characters and the DLC ones?

http://www.atlus.com/p4au/character/#

Yeah, that could be anything, but the JP P4AU site doesn't have the "Coming Soon" box there in the "Characters" section, so I woudn't rule that possibility. (Also, accidental double post T-A.)

You only want the corrections, right? I can translate the rest of it, though I don't think there will be any differences.

interesting stuff, i'll update the wiki later. also his burst frame data was slightly different from the stuff we've got

All clear for me except one minor detail, fuzzy guard breaks like Naoto's jC>jA, also exists in GG and BB, but that doesn't have any incidence on the fact that fuzzy guard breaks work in P4A so^^

Yeah, I've heard about it while learning Platinum, at the very least. Maybe it's just that Souji didn't know about it? Or my moonspeak skills are so bad, I mistake "like" for "unlike" :vbang:

I think he's just saying it that way because fuzzies are so incredibly common in P4AU compared to other games. Basically every character has a fuzzy, so it's not even a matchup-specific thing.

Speaking of the Dustloop wiki, data regarding the S-Hold system seems incorrect. The S-Hold system does not allow you to perform supers at no SP Cost, contrary to what is written.

Speaking of the Dustloop wiki, data regarding the S-Hold system seems incorrect. The S-Hold system does not allow you to perform supers at no SP Cost, contrary to what is written.

good catch, I'll fix it later. Most of it was just thrown up awhile ago lol time to update.

DLC for this week has been added (on the JP PSN, later for HK PSN), not much until next week for Margaret to be available, and for those waiting on Marie in the HK PSN store, she'll be available this week too.

Further ado..., another free BGM pack (3), and up the music ante, and now charging 300Y (per pack) is more BGM packs from P3 Movie (2 sets), P4 Animation (also 2 sets), and also Persona Q (only 1 set), and lastly, more free lobby avatars, this time from Persona Q.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but how does the card color system work?

I had a green card up until recently. What do they stand for?