Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Can't play vs. players using US version (probably because of version updates). I guess there's an option in the US version to change versions, but its not present in the japanese version (at least not yet). Couldn't get games in with a friend of mine, lol. 

The US version that isn't out yet? What are you talking about?

I think that it's hilarious that as time goes on, they're using more and more real combos.

Compare the first JP trailers to Teddie's corner throw trailer, for example.

Some of the character trailers straight up had invalid combos lol.  I even remember when Adachi's JP trailer first came out  I thought Adachi's j.5D was air unblockable before I realized that the ! didn't show up and that it was just the other char not teching <__<

P4AU comes out in North America next week! I preordered it, so I get a lot of goodies. Too bad Margaret is going to be paid DLC in the future, but I guess I shouldn't complain too much, seeing as how we get Adachi and Marie for free the first week.

Just got a notice to update to ver. 1.03

anyone know if this is significant or not that important? I don't really plan on updating since the NA release is really close.

It should also fix it for people who don't find netplay matches. Took a while for me to figure out.

376 MB is the size of the patch.

Would love to hear your reasons on that.

More or less Yukiko has too many losing MUs in neutral where she just gets bullied, then she has very poor options to actually deal with what happens afterwards since pressure and momentum are so nuts. When she gets random hits or openings, she can't reliably turn them into much, so she's going to need too many chances or take too many risks vs most of the cast. She has some cute things like her unblock, but the consistency of her getting to that point isn't there.

That's the basic idea, I'd have to get Zealous to breakdown specifics further.

I'm checking with Amaterasu04 but it seems like lobby win/played games have gone away

I'm talking about lobby mode.

My personal opinion on Yukiko is that she didn't get the same amount of treatment most of the cast have. Quite a few characters got anti-zoning tools (Kanji, Mitsuru, Teddie), but Yukiko didn't get a good close-range option or defensive tool; the only real close range buff she got was her throw's startup time being reduced. Dancing Flames helped her keep her zoning distance, but she still has no good reversals to try to force opponents away aside from Maragidyne. Yukari also has horrible defense but she at least has a fast 5A, while Naoto's gameplay shifted to a more all-rounder.

More or less Yukiko has too many losing MUs in neutral where she just gets bullied, then she has very poor options to actually deal with what happens afterwards since pressure and momentum are so nuts. When she gets random hits or openings, she can't reliably turn them into much, so she's going to need too many chances or take too many risks vs most of the cast. She has some cute things like her unblock, but the consistency of her getting to that point isn't there.

The unblock is legit.  It's obviously not something you just arbitrarily do but it's a really good "come run into my zoning" bait.  Yukiko does have issues with strong rushdown characters stuffing her crappy slow pokes as well as strong approach characters not giving a shit about her zoning (see: Minazuki for both) but I don't think it's as fatal of a matchup as you're making it sound.

She's definitely a lot better than in P4A1 at the very least.  Now that's a game where she couldn't convert into anything, at least now she gets competitive damage off most of her pokes; maybe not Minazuki or Chie tier damage but still pretty legit, and if you let her play her game she can get pretty scary.

Beyond that I can't comment since I haven't really played her that much since P4AU, been focusing mostly on Rise.

As awesome as that is

I just felt a chill...

Same. I love cu chulain, but this looks like a baad omen...

Yall are literally freaking out over a color.  Yukiko has Carl colors and I don't hear anyone making noise about her.  Chill lol.

I-I just wanted to joke around qwq

It does look nice on her though, like really, really nice 

Yall are literally freaking out over a color.  Yukiko has Carl colors and I don't hear anyone making noise about her.  Chill lol.

On the bright side, it seems using the color will give BBCP veterans PTSD once they're reminded of vanilla Kokonoe so you might be up for some easy wins.

Just a little bit longer and she'll be out. Then we'll see how she plays and if she's every bit as scary as she should be.

Apparently, part of the update includes changing "X win/lose" to "Margaret," at least if you're playing Ken.

Seems like they removed a character's W/L display in Lobby mode with the latest patch.

Apparently, part of the update includes changing "X win/lose" to "Margaret," at least if you're playing Ken.

That's pretty funny.

On a more positive note, I like to think Yukiko's new tools helps keep her on par with certain problems she's had in the past (214A now beats out Yu's 5B at round start, Firebird eats up so many projectiles including Kanji's charge move and Yukari's zoning, etc.). She may have had trouble defending against momentum in the past but thankfully guard assault and guard roll work in her favor, otherwise Dia eats the frames of an attack if the opponent is too pressure-heavy. I also believe she has a few tools that lets her not only Fire Break safely, but also push the opponent towards her to allow her to confirm off of her 5AAA unblockable setup. When Yukiko gains momentum, she can be just as fierce and threatening as any other character and also, I cannot think of any character who can capitalize off of random hits (especially non-counter hits). She takes work, but once you're in there it's very advantageous and very powerful.

Also I thought Zealous switched to Yukari?

Also I thought Zealous switched to Yukari?

He's looking to switch since he think's she's weak (at least that's what I've gathered from talking to him.)