Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

I really don't wanna continue the voice debate, but how exactly does one end up in a place where they both care about the Persona storyline, AND are strictly JP-voice only "purists"?

From my point of view, if you don't care about Persona and just play the fighting games for the fighting, that's fine, and they have JP battle voices for you. But I don't see why that sort of person would play the story mode, it's not particularly interesting without context. And if someone DOES care about the overall Persona storyline and wants to play the story mode, then they've already played 1 to 5 RPG's which also do not feature Japanese voice acting, and would theoretically be used to it.

Maybe I'm overlooking something, I'm just confused as to what sort of situation a person would be in that would make them all pissy about this. Unless that situation is they're a generic angry internet forum user :V

I really don't wanna continue the voice debate, but how exactly does one end up in a place where they both care about the Persona storyline, AND are strictly JP-voice only "purists"?

From my point of view, if you don't care about Persona and just play the fighting games for the fighting, that's fine, and they have JP battle voices for you. But I don't see why that sort of person would play the story mode, it's not particularly interesting without context. And if someone DOES care about the overall Persona storyline and wants to play the story mode, then they've already played 1 to 5 RPG's which also do not feature Japanese voice acting, and would theoretically be used to it.

Maybe I'm overlooking something, I'm just confused as to what sort of situation a person would be in that would make them all pissy about this. Unless that situation is they're a generic angry internet forum user :V

Since you're new on here, i'll say for me, it's that I hate JYB, not that I hate dubs.

Since you're new on here, i'll say for me, it's that I hate JYB, not that I hate dubs.

Heh, he's not the best, but his Adachi is appropriately creepy, and I thought his Yu was hilarious.

This is it, the final day approaches!

I look forward to seeing you all on the battlefront!

I'm as ready as I can get. Hype for trying all sorts of Sho stuff out, since there really aren't a lot of Sho players.

seriously, no voice debate. It's worth bringing it up that it won't be there, but that doesn't belong here. Go to the Zepp Museum. If you really care that much you're probably better off with a fan blog than here though.

Are there navigators of Marie and Margaret? I didn't see them on the DLC list.

there are placeholder images for them in the assets, but it doesn't look like they're going to actually happen.

seriously, no voice debate. It's worth bringing it up that it won't be there, but that doesn't belong here. Go to the Zepp Museum. If you really care that much you're probably better off with a fan blog than here though.

Thank you, Anne.

As for tomorrow.. I'm hyped. I got friends readying up and I may be planning a lobby this weekend prior to that

Well, since I just got my text stating I can pick this up on the morning of release, yeah, I too am also ready, lol. :kitty:

And also some stuff that can probably be answered (360's file size of P4AU and other things.), dull of no lobby mode in the 360 port, but what do.

My copy ships tomorrow! Very excited and hyped for this, especially since I only have the first one digitally. Also, the whole thing about not having Japanese voices in Story Mode is dumb. There's still Japanese voices for fighting, but Persona is known for having excellent English dubs anyway. However, like others said, bringing up the voice debate is stupid, because that's just how the anime community is. My thing is, why wait for an English localization, but play with Japanese voices anyway? Why not go all out, import and play with Japanese kanji?

There are literally no Americans playing this game right now ;A;... Maybe later this evening people will be on haha.

Or... maybe they're all at school >.>... I hope the American release boosts the amounts of people playing significantly. Right now it's pretty pitiful. There's like 2 people in ranked, if anyone, at any given time. At most, 5-10 player match rooms, less than half being American :<... Hey though, the upside is, people have been using the lobby system a lot more than I feel they did in BBCP.

My copy ships tomorrow! Very excited and hyped for this, especially since I only have the first one digitally. Also, the whole thing about not having Japanese voices in Story Mode is dumb. There's still Japanese voices for fighting, but Persona is known for having excellent English dubs anyway. However, like others said, bringing up the voice debate is stupid, because that's just how the anime community is. My thing is, why wait for an English localization, but play with Japanese voices anyway? Why not go all out, import and play with Japanese kanji?

"Hey guys, this debate is dumb but here's my take on it! You guys are stupid for wanting something you had previously and is still on the disc!"

Why do you people even bother posting. Obviously the English version is MUCH cheaper. That is an incredibly legitimate reason to wait for it. If you want to lend me the extra $50 or so I'd need for the Japanese version with DLC, go ahead.

still no word/patch as to why i cant play with friend who has a US copy. Hopefully day 1 patch clears that up. 

still no word/patch as to why i cant play with friend who has a US copy. Hopefully day 1 patch clears that up.

Doesn't this result from the JP version having all of the DLC characters whereas the NA version doesn't? I would imagine that players with the NA version would have to wait until Margaret is released to play against those with the JP version.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I don't think it has to do with DLC, as Aksys made mention of having no intention of fixing the region segregation. I do think that some of it is version numbers or something like that, but, I also believe the game is treated as its own isolated "copy" of sorts. So, even if they have the same patch and DLC, the games would never recognize one another.

There are literally no Americans playing this game right now ;A;... Maybe later this evening people will be on haha.

Or... maybe they're all at school >.>... I hope the American release boosts the amounts of people playing significantly. Right now it's pretty pitiful. There's like 2 people in ranked, if anyone, at any given time. At most, 5-10 player match rooms, less than half being American :<... Hey though, the upside is, people have been using the lobby system a lot more than I feel they did in BBCP.

That's how it was for the JP release too, it's like noon which means most players on will likely be japs doing a late night session, whereas most Americans will either be at work, in class, or are neets who are still asleep.  Pretty much the worst time for games period.

when my friend and i tried to get games in last week, a message popped up saying "this game version fails to match". Then he sent me a screen shot of his menu options in Room Settings, and it showed an option at the very bottom for "System Version". This is not available in the japanese version (yet?), since we both compared menu options. We thought if we both set up our versions to 1.00 then it will work, but there was no way for me to do that. I guess i'll wait and see tomorrow if it works itself out. 

I find a lot of people play in lobbies, specifically Tartarus, rather than ranked.

Atlus USA specifically said that netplay between the NA and JP versions won't be possible until Margaret's NA release.

Well, at least for one thing, its good news (shared list and infrastuctures), bad news though, a 1 week wait (for PS3 users I'm guessing, 360 version is exempt), but its guess its not so bad. >_>

Well, at least for one thing, its good news (shared list and infrastuctures), bad news though, a 1 week wait (for PS3 users I'm guessing, 360 version is exempt), but its guess its not so bad. >_>

I don't think it's too terrible. Better than fighting and losing against a character (Margaret) who you have no means of accessing yourself. Besides, it's only a week more of waiting and in the meantime you can fight the NA version players to your heart's content. Not like they locked the whole Network for the NA players for that 1 week anyway.