Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Having problems with 236236 too on pad. Haven't tried stick yet. Was never a problem with vanilla. Hrm. I'll have to play more later to see if this is going to be a real problem. I hope not!

make sure you hit 6 at the end, otherwise it will register as a simple 236. This has alwasy been the case in the Persona games

It might be like one of the input interpreters issues we had in BBCP, except that it only affects the US version apparently.

Or maybe just bad inputs.

Well got my Marie and Adachi. But I have to ask: is anyone here having problems with 236236 or 214214 motions? By Igor's elongated nasal cavity, I keep trying to do Minazuki's 236236C/D and I keep getting his teleport. It's the same story with Sho who keeps doing his rekka instead of the multi-hit SP skill. I have to input 4123641236 (or the reverse) to get any sort of results.

And I KNOW for a fact that it isn't my controller since the motions work just fine on P4A.

I have exactly the same issue as you with 236236 & 412412. and it makes my thumb feel bad too when inputting this as quickly as possible.

The input in this game is bad.  the combos has to be timed properly.

in what mode do you unlock glasses for the new characters? yukari, junpei, ken, etc.

score attack?

You can't unlock glasses.

Though its DLC only, but the DLC characters (Adachi/Marie/Margaret) include both Colors/Glasses on them at least.

make sure you hit 6 at the end, otherwise it will register as a simple 236. This has alwasy been the case in the Persona games

I dunno about anyone else here but as it stands, I need to physically and mentally force myself to hit both 6+A/B/C/D. It becomes easier if you do it slower and then speed up as you practice but geez does it ever wear out your left thumb quick. It also feels "weird" and "unnatural". Before I could do a quick 236236, let go at the last split second and press the attack button and the SP skills would come out when I wanted it to. But here, unless I am hitting the motions really hard together with 6+attack button, it won't do them. And because it feels awkward, your input speed suffers and some of the easiest Challenges start being ridiculous.

Curiously though, I have little to no input problems on the stick. The double motions are pretty easy on it. Guess I'll use this game to finally get comfortable with mine.

.I am having similar issues with 236236 inputs.

I have exactly the same issue as you with 236236 & 412412. and it makes my thumb feel bad too when inputting this as quickly as possible.

The input in this game is bad.  the combos has to be timed properly.

Looks like I am not the only one. It's odd though, P4A never had this problem for me. Even after I bought a new PS3 with a different Dualshock 3 controller, all the moves worked as they should. Yet suddenly I cannot do them in P4AU even though it was apparently always there? Something does not add up.

I haven't had any problems with inputs in this game playing on stick.  In the cases when I have screwed up a 236236, its either b/c I missed a 3 or missed a 6

Guys which characters in this game can still sweep 5D?  I don't mean like any sweep into meaty oki into mixups like Rise or someone might be abe to do, I mean actually being able to chain sweep into 5D specifically.  Mostly cause I like saying "dude just sweep 5D him" when watching other people play and I want to know which characters can actually do that.

On the 236236 issue, I'm not having any problems with Minazuki or Adatchi.  I am having trouble with Naoto.  It's probably because I feel I need to do the input faster on Naoto, and so screw up the input.  So, I hate to say it, but it's probably just an issue of needing to do better inputs.

On the 236236 issue, I'm not having any problems with Minazuki or Adatchi.  I am having trouble with Naoto.  It's probably because I feel I need to do the input faster on Naoto, and so screw up the input.  So, I hate to say it, but it's probably just an issue of needing to do better inputs.

Are you trying to do Hamaon/Mudoon after gunshots? You can buffer the super in the shots, like B, B, B, B, 236B, 236C for down shots into Hamaon. That was a pretty common thing among vanilla Naoto players, the gunshot super cancel window is notoriously small. 

If it helps any, you probably have a bit more time than you think you do, since the untech time after the final gunshot is longer and there's a bit of knock up, too. The timing feels a bit more lenient in Ultimax compared to vanilla at least.

I dunno about anyone else here but as it stands, I need to physically and mentally force myself to hit both 6+A/B/C/D. It becomes easier if you do it slower and then speed up as you practice but geez does it ever wear out your left thumb quick. It also feels "weird" and "unnatural". Before I could do a quick 236236, let go at the last split second and press the attack button and the SP skills would come out when I wanted it to. But here, unless I am hitting the motions really hard together with 6+attack button, it won't do them. And because it feels awkward, your input speed suffers and some of the easiest Challenges start being ridiculous.

Curiously though, I have little to no input problems on the stick. The double motions are pretty easy on it. Guess I'll use this game to finally get comfortable with mine.

Looks like I am not the only one. It's odd though, P4A never had this problem for me. Even after I bought a new PS3 with a different Dualshock 3 controller, all the moves worked as they should. Yet suddenly I cannot do them in P4AU even though it was apparently always there? Something does not add up.

Yea, in P4A I had no problems. I called up Atlus and they never heard of the problem, I went to Gamestop and exchanged the copy, same thing. On other games, these inputs are fine though. I even made a training mode lobby and invited a friend, he said he had no problems.

So has anyone else noticed the combo damage being erratic? I can't find any threads on changes to the prorate system, and yet I'm getting a bunch of anomalies when testing for new P1/P2 values.

Quick example: go in training with a CPU that doesn't tech and dead-heat combo with the same move (2A). Eventually one of them will do the same or MORE damage than the previous one.

Did they add some sort of combo bonus prorate system?

Or maybe it's a result of how they changed SMP?

i haven't experienced this, can you explain further? maybe it's the damage calculator messing up

Unlike others, I don't seem to be having input errors anymore. The game definitely feels "heavier", but also more solid. I had issues with inputs such as 236 at first, but they're really no problem now, I almost feel like the windows are larger than before. I do miss the sensitivity from before though.

i haven't experienced this, can you explain further? maybe it's the damage calculator messing up

I haven't seen this before, but I can check it out myself in a few minutes.

I'm going to try setting the "installed data" option to "Do not use" and see if that clears up the ghost input issues I've been having. If it doesn't work, that means there may either  be something wrong with my controller or the game itself. As stated somewhere earlier, this could be a US-version exclusive bug.

Hey,as far as navigators go, am I missing something?

I've completed Score Attack with Naoto and I've also done all of Chie's challenges but neither seem to net any reward.

Hey,as far as navigators go, am I missing something?

I've completed Score Attack with Naoto and I've also done all of Chie's challenges but neither seem to net any reward.

Iirc the only way to get a navigator is to complete every risky sa course with that character.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The one method I've heard of that almost always works is to complete all four Risky Score Attack courses with a character to unlock their navigator... if they have one. AFAIK, the Shos, SLab, Marie and Marge don't have navs, and Adachi's has to be purchased.

^ It's not extremely difficult if you can use the pause method well. Just really time consuming. I beat all of them and got my Liz navi, so if you need Naoto, I imagine with her fate counter it won't be the hardest SA to beat. You already beat one apparently so maybe like...one course a day is a good idea

Also I read on GameFAQS from some dude that said you can't unlock navigators using shadow counterparts, so keep that in mind. Dunno if true or not.

Prepare for math--

Following the formulas for combo proration found here I've set up a quick excel sheet to predict combo damage/meter gain/etc.

Take the following Chie Combo:

Move	Damage	Prorate	SMP	EffDmg	TotDmg	TotPrt	EffPrt
2A	200	600	0	200	200	0	100%
5B	550	100	0	250	450	600	76%
2B	400	100	0	172	622	700	72%
5C	800	100	0	326	948	800	68%

Based on the standard prorate formula that 2B should do 172. But in game, it scores a 192. If I replace the 2B with a different move, it experiences a similar boost in damage, even supers. For instance, doing God's Hand C instead of 2B nets 1440 (when it should be doing 1296). Then, after the 2B, the 5C goes back to being predicted correctly. Interestingly, I can switch the 2nd and 3rd moves to other moves of similar strength (5B, 2B, 5C, etc.) and the 3rd move will still receive bonus damage after starting with 2A. But doing three A moves does not cause the third move to have bonus damage. *hair pull*

Using the same prediction method, if I just set the CPU to not tech and do a dead heat combo with the same move over and over, I get erratic results:

Repeated Chie 2As should do:

200, 91, 81, 76, 67, 62, [57], 55, 50 etc.

In game they do:

200, 91, 81, 76, 67, 62, [67], 55, 50 etc.

I can't predict where they will happen or what it's based on (I've tried tying it to many variables with no clear results), but random hits in my combos are just getting these weird boosts. Note: this happens with both normal and shadow Chie and with some cursory checks this also happens on other characters (Yu, Naoto, etc.)