Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

The only thing I'm kinda sour about is the nerf to SB "This'll Hurt" but it already has ridiculously low startup and invul frames so I GUESS I can live with it.

Other than that, these definitely seem like they could help out his game. It'll be interesting to see what people come up with in regards to the Primal Force changes.

Like you said, the delay on the D version does look like it could be useful as another form of oki to make us a bit less predictable and if SB version is truly unblockable (and guessing it comes out around the same speed as now) could be very useful for getting in on not just zoners but cast members who typically just have better neutrals and pokes.

5A nerfed? Fuck this game.

Just to clarify I'm quoting Sourenga hence the quotation marks. I suck using forum stuff. I will edit it later.

I'm most interested in reading Adachi, Mitsuru, AKihiko and Rise.  Mostly Adachi.

We have Adachi's changes here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9805-adachi-changes-for-20/

You guys should search better before asking so much. Most characters changes are already in their respective forums.

Turns out not everyone has their changes. Sorry.

I did some stuff, but my JP isn't that good (I understand some stuff, but finer details are troublesome for me, maybe Sourenga will correct me :( )

[Remember, these are still change from the initial loketest and by no means are final]

Junpei: 
-D / SB Slide is a mid > low now
-Throw techs are no longer an out
-5A、5B、2B、J2A、J2D: Faster startup
-5A adjusted
-5AA > 5C > 2C connects
-5AAA > Bunt doesn't work, 5AAA > DP will clean hit
-5C: Moves forward, longer reach
-Air A Bat Spin is easier to combo off of
-D Slide is slower with less moving distance
-Less knockback on Clean Hit Homer
-D Grand Slam no longer 0F
-D Slide > SB Vorpal 4852

Chie:
-2C: Faster start up; less recovery
-Lunge is faster, FC when punished (?), SP Lunge is projectile invul
-Dash and Backdash are slower
-5A now -2 or -3
-Can't combo off CH Throw
-Less damage on God Hand

Power Charge: 
Changed to a stock system rather than timer.
Each attack performed removes a stock (even on block) (but not on whiff?).
Level 1 (120%) and 2 (140%) are 9 stacks, level 3 (200%) is 5 stack (not sure how overwriting works)
B Power Charge has more recovery.

Yukari:
-Feather Arrow's Arrow moves faster?
-6D: Persona appears further away
-jB: Untech time changed
-B moves are faster
-A Feather Arrow, spinstate on ground hit? 
(I don't know how this char works)

Naoto:
-C Sniper: Final hits ricochets
-D Venom Zapper is faster and easy to combo off of.
-2C can be cancelled, even on block (???)
-C Trap removes 3 fates, D removes 4
-Reloading occurs quicker, happens after you leave the stance. Duration depends on bullets remaining.
Edited by Pssych

Chie:

Power Charge: 
Changed to a stock system rather than timer.

Each attack performed removes a stock (even on block) (except not by air attacks??).

probably means won't remove stocks on whiff

probably means won't remove stocks on whiff

That actually makes sense, I knew aerial attacks didn't make sense but couldn't determine what they meant.

ASW confirms the P4U2 arcade update coming 15th January.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/p4u2/important.html#imp150107

It seems like, in addition to balance changes and including the console & and DLC chars they're also aiming to create new Courses and Skills for Golden Arena Mode so perhaps Adachi, Margaret and Marie will get added to those at some point for the console versions.

Also they mention something about changing the way rank up / down works in the post below that one

So, people... can you confirm me if Yosuke's gliding is removed from the game? I never relied that much on it, but I am curious.

Also hoping that Adachi remains mostly the same.

Also they mention something about changing the way rank up / down works in the post below that one

I'm curious how they changed the rank up/down system. Guess we'll have to wait for news though. Also, looking forward to seeing what skills they are going to give Marie in Golden Arena. Please give her skills for double present summon, make her Ds just come down from everywhere and give her j.C a hitbox reach buff similar to the new 5C ASW. Do it for me. I could use the lolz.

So, people... can you confirm me if Yosuke's gliding is removed from the game? I never relied that much on it, but I am curious.

Yosuke's Glide is "removed" in the loketest. You'll have to wait until 2.0 releases next week to know if it's gone in the final game. I put removed in quotations because this actually happened before with the original P4AU's loketest and people found a new way to do it with different inputs later. May or may not be the same in this case. We'll find out in a week!

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9805-adachi-changes-for-20/ Adachi changes. Sorry about that hope of Adachi remaining the same. 

I'm curious how they changed the rank up/down system.

Dan'i system changes from universal to a character-based system. I really don't get why they wanted to do this, when PSR still remains in the game...

Rankings will also be somewhat reset. If you have a character that's at least "Shodan 初段" (Grade C in the localized network terms) -> All your characters will start from "Shodan 初段" when the game updates. If you have none, then all your characters will start from whatever rank each of them were at. Anyways, everyone starts from "Shodan" or lower when the game is released.

Dan'i system changes from universal to a character-based system. I really don't get why they wanted to do this, when PSR still remains in the game...

Rankings will also be somewhat reset. If you have a character that's at least "Shodan 初段" (Grade C in the localized network terms) -> All your characters will start from "Shodan 初段" when the game updates. If you have none, then all your characters will start from whatever rank each of them were at. Anyways, everyone starts from "Shodan" or lower when the game is released.

So I'm a 6th dan now. It'll reset me to 1st dan then?

They should get rid of psr and just use dan like in BB:CP then.

Going off of memory and my subpar Japanese comprehension, but it seemed Akihiko got nerfed.

From what I gathered;

Source: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s364/sh/cdc6ebaa-9b81-4bc0-848a-256d6f4f2271/d84455d2446ff464

5b no longer fatals

B Kill Rush fatals

He can maintain Cyclone levels when diong 2/5d and short hop

Boomerang Hook does less damage

SB Sonic Upper lost projectile invul

Something about sweep moving him forward at varying degrees depending on cyclone level - will certainly need correction/verification on this one.

Something about 5a being nerfed

KR no longer forces standing

Combo rate down from .8 to .7

If I'm wrong and I likely am, feel free to correct me.

The D changes combined with DP being faster based on Cyclone suggests new combo routes -- but who knows what will make final build.

Ready to dance? ;)

Yukiko Amagi

• j.5B landing recovery decreased
  • B Flame Dance comes out faster and is able to connect with 5C everytime
  • Cancel fire attacks into Phoenix Flame Swirl (holla)
  • C Maragi no longer Fatal Counters
  • *says something else on Maragi but it says something about the "moon system" and so I can't really dechiper what they're trying to say...gomen*
  • SB Maragidyne's flames appear even on hit, but it is unclear whether the attack will hit on block/hit or not
  • Yukiko's combo priority is a little different; someone was able to do a 5B to SB Agi (which they commented was super fast now)
  • Agi doesn't float opponent on hit anymore

Marie

• 5C reach increased greatly
  • Presents now have the same and startup and recovery speed as each other, with SB Presents having less startup
  • 236AB improved, opens up combo routes for Marie now
  • She cannot straight-up 5C>2C anymore. Instead, 2AB>5B>2B>5C>2C
  • (Marie's 5A) Opponent now possibly autoguards the 5C into 5A now?
  • (Marie's 5A) 5AA>2AB>236AB>5AA>2AB>236AB works now even at sweeping distance
  • (Marie's 5C) Apparently reaches like, over 50% of the game's screen now???
  • During Snow, Marie gains 2SP now every so often now
  • 236236C super reduced damage scaling (I'm only assuming in combos though)
  • 214214CD (SB version) Persona invincibility

Teddie

• j.2C attack, Persona appears from the ground now. It's best to do j.5B>j.2C now
  • If you throw 236D out you get to choose where exactly to attack from (top, middle or bottom).
  • The drink or bike key cannot be taken like Mystery Food X, so simply don't crouch.
  • If the opponent gets the bike key first, that bike will not come.

I promise to add more later when I have more time. I prolly screwed up most of this stuff as is and need some help lol

Forgive me if this has been mentioned a bit earlier in the thread, but are these changes being posted still part of the loctest build, or did they release a full, FINAL changelog, since this drops in a week for Arcades?  Is there info for anyone else floating around that hasn't been documented, Doobylover?

Forgive me if this has been mentioned a bit earlier in the thread, but are these changes being posted still part of the loctest build, or did they release a full, FINAL changelog, since this drops in a week for Arcades?  Is there info for anyone else floating around that hasn't been documented, Doobylover?

These changes aren't official; we will have to see what really makes the cut in 7 days. As of now these are mostly things picked up from the loketest, so in a way, people shouldn't be too worried with character changes. In my own words, this is kind of like a big dreamy "what if" situation where characters are toned down/buffed out of curiosity.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1420607108

Bururaji preview that came out today has 15 seconds long commercial of P4U2 2.0 It's pretty much just characters doing their Auto Combos, but you can see how they have trashed the idea of purple-colored HUD. Now the HUD is colored in a darker blue and the timer is silver-colored... Personally I think it looks much better now.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1420607108

Bururaji preview that came out today has 15 seconds long commercial of P4U2 2.0 It's pretty much just characters doing their Auto Combos, but you can see how they have trashed the idea of purple-colored HUD. Now the HUD is colored in a darker blue and the timer is silver-colored... Personally I think it looks much better now.

Maybe the purple shows up if a Shadow is fighting?

I can't load the video on my phone, could someone screencap it so I can see what the new HUD is like?

Liking what I'm reading about Yukiko :kitty:

Erh, one dumb question: what's the "name" of her Hishouken move? Never got used to the weird translated names lol