Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

So Yukari got buffed?  Kinda new to P4U so scrub question I know

Honestly won't know until Jan 15. The changes they're listing are from the loketest. So we don't know what's changed in the past few months. The new HUD looks snazzy I must say.

Liking what I'm reading about Yukiko :kitty:

Erh, one dumb question: what's the "name" of her Hishouken move? Never got used to the weird translated names lol

Hishouken? Oh, like Jin Kisaragi's projectile move in BB?

Aside from Yukiko's fans, the move where she throws out her Persona as a projectile is called "Vermillion Bird" in Japanese, "Phoenix Flame Swirl" in English

Yeah, I really like this color scheme. It looks pretty slick.

Dan'i system changes from universal to a character-based system. I really don't get why they wanted to do this, when PSR still remains in the game...

Rankings will also be somewhat reset. If you have a character that's at least "Shodan 初段" (Grade C in the localized network terms) -> All your characters will start from "Shodan 初段" when the game updates. If you have none, then all your characters will start from whatever rank each of them were at. Anyways, everyone starts from "Shodan" or lower when the game is released.

Thanks for clarifying. It's a strange change but it sort of makes sense if you ignore the existence of PSR.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Doobylover, just wanted to make sure.  New HUD looks great!  Super clean and sleek.  Interested in these modifications to Golden Arena mode as well, but I hope this is still a patch at the end of the day.

Yukari's Feather Arrow now cause spin state... So in the end, they didn't remove that state. But otherwise, most of the loketest changes seems to be intact.

The 2 most important changes demonstrated in these videos

1) We can now play air hockey with Teddie's Mystery Food X. Get hyped!

2) Akihiko can do assault dive loops. Just when you thought Akihiko couldn't get anymore swag, Atlus and ASW found a way. 

・ヒット時の吹き飛びを小さく、地面バウンドするようにしました。

I need to know what this means. Does Minazuki 5C ground bounce or not???

EDIT: YES IT DOES THANK YOU ASW

Omg omg...from what I"m understanding, they REMOVED the fatal counter from Shabrys 5B and 2B...WHYYYYYYYY

Asterius also can't cancel unless the attack hits...

Having trouble understanding a lot of the other things...the translations are bad.

With the amount of changes I suspect this will be more than just a patch, if only because some of these changes greatly affect challenge mode. But we'll see.

Also remember that the article and video don't reflect all the changes, so you'll have to check the pdf for the full list.

Lol dat Naoto buff. Midscreen combos!!!! Thank god.

Thank you Arc System Works for buffing Minazuki into Fuck Mountain territory. 5C ground bounce, Rekkas so good they move Fei Long, Azrael, and Leo to tears, and full-screen D Yukikaze. Oh and damage. All the damage.

Lol dat Naoto buff. Midscreen combos!!!! Thank god.

Fuck Narukami, I'm maining Naoto in 2.0. The changes look godlike to say the least

I am sooo hyped for this update. Minazuki changes look amazing. Naoto looks super fun to play, midscreen combos?!??, D zapper loops in the corner maybe?

Holy shit I can't sleep

Thank you Arc System Works for buffing Minazuki into Fuck Mountain territory. 5C ground bounce, Rekkas so good they move Fei Long, Azrael, and Leo to tears, and full-screen D Yukikaze. Oh and damage. All the damage.

Yes, my dream is finally realized. Well one of them is anyway (jury's still out on whether or not Lizzie is worth a damn). But frak that nonsense, long live Dream Fog (D) combo enders and punishes from full screen over. "Oh what's that little Yukari, you want to trap me with your Magarula? Oh sure let me get right on tha-PSYCH!"

Idk the J.B nerf will definitely hurt I mean it was, in my opinion, the best jump in in the game. Ridiculous CH tech time, massive hitbox, disgusting active frames. I thought it was the most broken thing about him, that and his corny ass command grab Oki. Corner damage was pretty dumb but I got over it. J.B getting nerfed far outweighs any buffs he got to me, I really hated that derpy ass move. HE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO PLAY NEUTRAL.

Good, fuck Yosuke  :toot:

EDIT: Also I read in the changes that Mitsuru's B droit got faster (this was previously said on the loketests) but I don't know if it can still combo off 5AAA, does the change list say anything about that?