Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Any word on Yu and Kanji changes?  I think those are the only two characters I haven't seen yet.

You would think Yu would be one of the very first people to get translated lol

I thought Sourenga already translated Kanji's list in this very thread...or was that something different?

I know right?  Especially since that video makes him look stronger!  :)  As far as I know, Sourenga just posted some of the misc. stuff, like Dan Rankings resetting and stuff.  Haven't seen a word about Kanji since Flux posted the full changelog document.

So this isn't helpful at all. But the google translate version of the changelist is great. Take a look.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/p4u2/images/imp/list_ver.2.00.pdf&prev=search

I think some of favorite are, Stiffness I Declined! and I was early generation.

I'll pass the time till someone can kindly un-moonrune the Kanji changes.

Sourenga translated a lot of the info, but appearently some of the players were misguided / changes of loketest didn't make it to current patch. An example of this is SB Primal being said to be unblockable, but Kanji's vid proves it wrong.

I'm the one who made the Kanji changelist post on his forum. I'll update it whenever someone translates a bit of it, as my japanese is non-existant.

I should at least add the vid impressions though. I'll do those in a sec

EDIT: Lol Kanji's sweep has invincibility

Sourenga translated a lot of the info, but appearently some of the players were misguided / changes of loketest didn't make it to current patch. An example of this is SB Primal being said to be unblockable, but Kanji's vid proves it wrong.

Just to clear this up, yes- any translations of changes that have been posted here before January 8th are definitely not from the official patch notes. So please, keep this in mind. Also, while translations have been *mostly* accurate so far, there are still some errors that have been found.

PS: Pretty sure what happened is that Kanji's sweep finally now has chest invul (like every other sweep in the game), so it can be used for low-profiling now.

PS: Pretty sure what happened is that Kanji's sweep finally now has chest invul (like every other sweep in the game), so it can be used for low-profiling now.

GOD EXISTS AND THIS IS MY PROOF. Thank you Holy Dive-chan messenger of HIS will!

Nice.  Thanks Kikirin.  Kanji's looking pretty good IMO, especially for being an ASW grappler.  Now we just need somebody to take a stab at Yu and we'll have everything done I think!

I went back through the videos and tried to work out combo rate; it wasn't always easy because of the limited footage, but this is roughly what I got:

Changed:

Yosuke: 70 -> 62%

Yukiko: 70 -> 68%

Kanji: 60 -> 70%

Akihiko: 80 -> ~75%

Aigis: 65 -> ~62%

Elizabeth: 65 -> 68%

Labrys: 60 -> 63%

Shadow Labrys: 60 -> ~58%

Yukari: 70 -> 60%

Junpei: 70 -> ~61%

Untouched:

Yu

Chie

Teddie

Naoto

Mitsuru

I didn't do the Shos because I honestly can't differentiate their attack animations, and I don't have any P1/P2 values for the console characters so I couldn't do them.

Note that these are VERY rough numbers, they're not guaranteed to be final by any means, and some characters had very limited footage (Junpei), were difficult to work out (Shabrys had very inconsistent numbers) or are pretty suspect (Kanji for instance). I haven't taken into account any possible stealth buff/nerfs to damage or proration, either.

Also, S.Yu and S.Yosuke seem to do 90% of their original's damage. Can't quite make out Yukari/Rise's.

@Balguna can you explain what you mean by combo rate? Im just guessing thats how easy it is to link together attacks or combo leniency or something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went back through the videos and tried to work out combo rate; it wasn't always easy because of the limited footage, but this is roughly what I got:

Changed:

Yosuke: 70 -> 62%

Yukiko: 70 -> 68%

Kanji: 60 -> 70%

Akihiko: 80 -> ~75%

Aigis: 65 -> ~62%

Elizabeth: 65 -> 68%

Labrys: 60 -> 63%

Shadow Labrys: 60 -> ~58%

Yukari: 70 -> 60%

Junpei: 70 -> ~61%

Untouched:

Yu

Chie

Teddie

Naoto

Mitsuru

I didn't do the Shos because I honestly can't differentiate their attack animations, and I don't have any P1/P2 values for the console characters so I couldn't do them.

Note that these are VERY rough numbers, they're not guaranteed to be final by any means, and some characters had very limited footage (Junpei), were difficult to work out (Shabrys had very inconsistent numbers) or are pretty suspect (Kanji for instance). I haven't taken into account any possible stealth buff/nerfs to damage or proration, either.

Also, S.Yu and S.Yosuke seem to do 90% of their original's damage. Can't quite make out Yukari/Rise's.

if you want me to grab proration values and such for Sho and Minazuki for you to see their combo rates, message me.

Guys, I think we'd be better off waiting for 2.0 before attempting to determine combo rates (and we'll probably be able to get credible info from Japanese players once 2.0 is live). Shabrys's can't be accurately determined right now because the P2 (and likely the SMP) on Hammer Uppercut/2C (and other moves) has been dramatically altered; as BananaKen noted in her 2.0 discussion thread, the combos shown in the video are impossible to replicate in 1.1.

The patch notes did state that the combo rate for multiple characters was changed (it's in the system notes in Xie's doc); I know Xie speculated that Aigis's combo rate had dropped by 10% when he was at the loke and it's obvious from the video ASW released that her damage is down (Orion currently hits for 3080; in the 2.0 video, Orion did 2542 damage) -- but it's unclear if that's strictly a nerf to the damage on the super (since it actually hits people now), a combo rate adjustment, or a combination of both. Since many characters are having damage on supers nerfed (along with changes to hit effects and proration), it's likely that we're seeing different damage numbers due to combo rate changes + proration changes + changes to moves specifically, which means calculating combo rate adjustments is guesswork.

I know everyone hates waiting but I think we just have to hold on a few more days until 2.0 goes live.

Get to see those glorious Minazuki nerfs tomorrow. All those fraudulent frauds will get exposed soon. No more.

Get to see those glorious Minazuki nerfs tomorrow. All those fraudulent frauds will get exposed soon. No more.

Nerfs? What nerfs? All I see is delicious buffs to bring the pain better and full-screen Dream Fogs punishes  :yaaay:.

Actually, due to time zones and junk, 2.0 releases tonight our time ^,^

I wonder who'll be streaming tonight. Maybe Team EXE? There'll probably be streams on nico nico as well.

Nerfs? What nerfs? All I see is delicious buffs to bring the pain better and full-screen Dream Fogs punishes  :yaaay:.

Then you should probably read his full list of changes again because there's a decent amount of nerfs to go along side the buffs he got. Off the top of my head, I remember 5A vertical hitbox being reduced. j.B hitbox reduced in general. Command grabs startup and recovery got increased. Teleport slash got a bigger hurtbox downward and outward. His air hurtbox that used to give characters trouble when comboing him got extended more on the bottom. It'll be interesting to see if the buffs and nerfs will cancel each other out or if Minazuki will get stronger/weaker.

I'm guessing you missed the memo about Chest attribute being added to 5A.

J.B was his most important nerf. He really needed that one. It was so broken, and yes l as they said you need to read the change list. Far more nerfs than buffs and they nerfed a lot of the absurd moves he had. Dream fog ain't shit son. Chipps "Find me" is much worse than black screen minazuki, just saying.

I'm guessing you missed the memo about Chest attribute being added to 5A.

I'm pretty sure I started screaming in joy when I heard this.

What does that actually mean though, how will this affect his gameplay and usability? I tried to look up what Chest attribute was and didn't find much so I Cant say that I understand that too much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk