Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

The frauds will suffer.

The rest of us serious players will still feed on your tears.

J.b was only the easiest option, we still got double jumps, tsukiyomi, air dp lost head attribute so that can beat AAs now lol. Minazuki generally just traded air pressure resets for a stronger ground game, but the air game is still there, just requires reads and actually using your brain.

You guys don't even know. It's a placebo.

IT'S GOING DOWN.

Then you should probably read his full list of changes again because there's a decent amount of nerfs to go along side the buffs he got. Off the top of my head, I remember 5A vertical hitbox being reduced. j.B hitbox reduced in general. Command grabs startup and recovery got increased. Teleport slash got a bigger hurtbox downward and outward. His air hurtbox that used to give characters trouble when comboing him got extended more on the bottom. It'll be interesting to see if the buffs and nerfs will cancel each other out or if Minazuki will get stronger/weaker.

I'm guessing you missed the memo about Chest attribute being added to 5A.

J.B was his most important nerf. He really needed that one. It was so broken, and yes l as they said you need to read the change list. Far more nerfs than buffs and they nerfed a lot of the absurd moves he had. Dream fog ain't shit son. Chipps "Find me" is much worse than black screen minazuki, just saying.

*Sigh* Why is everyone always so incapable of telling when I am obviously joking around? I am fully aware that he got nerfs. The fine folk here saw to that information being readily available. I made the post because a: 2.0 is not available on consoles as of right now so there's no cause for alarm until a few months pass in order to see everyone's standing and b: I don't care about the nerfs because that just means more pessimism and I've had enough of that watching my poor Lizzie get tossed under the bus most of the time.

Did Liz get nerfed again?

Hard to tell from the notes.

Some stuff looks promising (like how apparently 2D poison last shorter but does the same amount of poison damage meaning you can capitalize off of the full duration easier) while the changes to Mahamaon and Mamudoon leave me a bit uneasy. They can no longer IK even if they hit unless you're under 10 seconds, but Mahamaon is now an instant cast (Mamudoon is not and still has the long-ass activation time). As a bonus they either deal a fixed amount of damage (1190 for Mahamaon and 2000 for Mamudoon) and they at least no longer go away if Lizzie blocks.

I kind of like how the Minazuki changes actively encourage you to use Moon Smasher some more; "Yo son, mash this shit and get a FREE combo or your money back guaranteed"

You think Minazuki got crippled that badly? Just wait until you get 2B'd into over 3K damage meterless with 5C > 2C  loops :)

Also, rekka the god, and D moves don't have atrocious recovery anymore.

No one believes he's crippled. He's just not going to be a scrubby brain dead fraud anymore.....maybe. Btw I don't think anybody cares about 2B damage when he used to get easy mode CH (J.B 5.A) confirms from a million miles away with a million years to do whatever he wants into consistent damage.

No one believes he's crippled. He's just not going to be a scrubby brain dead fraud anymore.....maybe. Btw I don't think anybody cares about 2B damage when he used to get easy mode CH (J.B 5.A) confirms from a million miles away with a million years to do whatever he wants into consistent damage.

To be honest I always believed Minazuki was a fair character. He had his strengths and his damage did push the envelope a bit but all in all EVERY character in P4AU had something ridiculous about them so it was fair. His 5A losing chest invuln and the damage nerfs seemed fair. But honestly everything else seems a little overboard.

To be honest I always believed Minazuki was a fair character. He had his strengths and his damage did push the envelope a bit but all in all EVERY character in P4AU had something ridiculous about them so it was fair. His 5A losing chest invuln and the damage nerfs seemed fair. But honestly everything else seems a little overboard.

it never had chest invuln just no chest attribute so it couldn't be sweeped under.

j.B CH in 1.1 led into about 2.7k-3k with 5D launch. 2B(1) led into 3.8k from loketest, provided that combo still works(2B1 > 5C > 2C > 5B(1) > 5C > 2C > 5D > 236C > 2A > something into rekkas/BD > j.BD) so that seems like a significant increase.

Also, by the way, 236C/D can't clash anymore, so you can AA them pretty freely without worrying about clashes, provided you have an AA move.

Minazuki. Weakness. Choose one.

Except Junpei. He seems a lot better in 2.0 now, but we'll see. Being able to get a decent number of runs off 25 SP now is really going to help him.

To me being able to sweep Minazuki's 5A is fair considering you could roll out of the corner and all he needed to do is mash 5A and get a free counter hit combo. It's like how fighting Mitsuru became a bit easier for Teddie in that regard, it's still going to be hard, but it's not as one sided as it was before.

Minazuki. Weakness. Choose one.

His Mix-up is trash. If you instant block any of his hits you free to counter him. Beyond that is also super simple. His high-low mixup is so obvious I am almost never caught by it and his command grab is also super obvious I have no idea why they're nerfing it.

Except Junpei. He seems a lot better in 2.0 now, but we'll see. Being able to get a decent number of runs off 25 SP now is really going to help him.

Ah come on Junpei had Victory Cry and that was pretty good! I always enjoyed playing junpei's that weren't idiot. It felt like a real tense match with both of us trying to outplay the other. I'm happy for his buffs, but I also scared of losing those moments if he becomes to good. I haven't seen his changes but I hope their fair.

There's more to the pressure game than the 50/50.

That's all imma say.

There's more to the pressure game than the 50/50.

That's all imma say.

Yeah I wanted to keep things short but trust me I know. My best friend plays the best minazuki I have honestly ever faced or seen. (Sorry for the repetition)

Considering minazuki could lock you down crazy amounts of time he didn't need a 50/50. Any hit confirm leads to super damage and his spacing rivaled mitsuru. Though his j.b made him better imo. If we're talking about weakness then I imagine he isn't that good on defense. Better than mitsuru since he does have a quick poke. Though his dp is pretty good.

he had fast pokes? IIRC his 5a was 9f and his 2a was 7f. that's slower than average. idk what fast poke you speak of

At the risk of playing Devil's Advocate for our "Scar-Faced Messiah," are you referring to Souji's Tier List Anne?  Because unless there's a fourth one out there that I don't know about, he was the only one who put him at #3.  Yamashita had him as #5, with Yosuke, Yu, Mitsuru and Shadow Mitsuru above him, despite calling him the most well-rounded character in the ENTIRE cast, which I CAN agree with, and TS LK, had him also at #5, behind Yosuke, Yu, Teddie and Aigis, yet in front of his own main, Margaret, if I'm reading it correctly.  Not trying to downplay his stupidity AT ALL, just want to put out his position on all of the lists I believe we currently have at the moment for 1.1.  Personally, I think he'll be fine, and am looking forward to some of his new tools, yet am also VERY grateful that Liz, Naoto and Adachi won't have to put up with those buttons anymore!

TheOneTrueScrub, here's a link to LK's console tier list, which features explanations for each individual placement, (except for regular Naoto, I guess he forgot?) as well as individual rankings for the categories of Neutral, Offense, Mixup, Damage, Defense, Awakening and Shadow Frenzy.  It's a really great, detailed read, from arguably the best player in America.  Enjoy.  http://www.lord-knight.com/p4u2-character-ranking-character-stats/