Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

There are quite a few JP players who are very nice and approachable concerning the game/characters over twitter, a few of them even know a little english. It won't kill anyone to try themselves.

With the networking I've pulled off, I've learned that the general consensus is that both Shos are better than previous versions, Sho has much better damage conversion off of 25% meter expenditure, around 4k I believe it was. Minazuki is the real grind. His damage is higher, he's much faster with the combination of the reduction of hitstop of his normals as well as the persona normals being much faster now, 5c ground bounce has opened up so man combo opportunities he gets good damage off of basically anything. The new discovery by Shiita of implementing 5c > delay 5b (1) > j.a > j.b > j.c > j.d (whiff) into air confirms has made this character really powerful. So basically his base damage (especially off of AA 2b) is higher, his damage conversion is significantly higher, and his punish game is ridiculously higher, all with the same or less resources. Yeah. I told you guys he'd be better, that 5a/j.b nerf was a fucking placebo. Well enjoy your cake guys! That frosting isn't chocolate! He's definitely looking to be a consistent top tier character.

RIP Yosuke, Teddie, Liz, are the general opinions I've heard, one early tier list showed Yosuke at C tier.

imo with the videos I've watched, the newcomers to look out for are S.Labrys (Shadow Regular Labrys) and S.Junpei.

Wow.  That's HILARIOUS about MINAZUKI, Skylone.  I too, believed our nerfs to be a mere placebo smokescreen for the true Messianic terror that awaits our foes, but I honestly didn't think he'd have HIGHER damage overall due to 5C Ground Bounce, just because they ramped up scaling on so many other moves.  Might I ask who you spoke with about Liz though?  I fully expected her to remain Bottom because she'll have #FirstWorldLizProblems, but they seem to have done a good job of fixing her biggest issues and Xie thinks she has a lot of potential.  I imagine at the end of the day, she still sucks compared to the field though, despite this seeming like her best version yet.  I suppose I can hit up Setora though, since he follows me, but I'm not sure if he knows English?  I'd like to hear what people think about Adachi as well.

I didn't speak to anyone concerning Liz, just reading impressions down the grapevine. She's still considered a bad character thus far. That's all.

I mean Ken was already considered to be top tier in 1.1. Other characters gettign worse and him, well tbh basically doing the same thing but better with a stronger shadow version helps.

For the sake of clarity, here's the list me, bace, and colpe made for the end of 1.1:

@AnneIFrank: http://tinyurl.com/ku3ncm8

@Colpevole_92: http://tinyurl.com/kassfyg

@bacesk8: http://tinyurl.com/qhwac6f

Considering we're still playing 1.1 this is still relevant btw. Characters are ordered from left to right within tiers, but that doesn't mean characters "have faults" if they're to the right. We agree on a lot of things except for very minor orders within tiers, and if you need "well who says your list is good?" Bace has been considered one of the strongest P4U players in NA, Colpevole has won tournaments and been very strong and placed highly, and I guess I'm just me but I work and perform along with these people. JP players looked at the lists and LK gave feedback saying the lists are pretty good.

If you look at our impressions and then think about where characters strengths and weaknesses went and how that'll affect MUs, you get ~ideas~ of things. Like with Minazuki, he got nerfs but the fact conversions and damage are up, other characters got weaker, and the persona buffs he probably will stay in the same position while others fall. Ken had some nerfs but he does the same thing, and even some of the main things he does to win got stronger while other things ended up not mattering as much. Basically Minazuki and Ken both got lists with nerfs, but the one or two buffs that mattered mattered a hell of a lot, especially with the way other characters moved. On the flip side Aigis' list was almost all buffs, but literally two nerfs ended up making her an overall weaker character. Her tier position still looks pretty similar though when you take into account her worst MUs (Minazuki and Teddie) arguably got better for her (I know Minazuki is stronger but it's debatable that the singular MU can appear easier) and the fact she's still doing above average things in the new game.

Hey I just wanted J.B to get nerfed. And it did. I play Minazuki as well so I don't really care what happens to him nerf/buff wise. Now I can actually play neutral with him and not get smashed up by J.b

So someone at Gfaqs just pointed to me the reason why S.Ken is also top tier. I don't know if you guys knew but I figured I'd share anyway.

If Ken uses Rampage when Koromaru's the one hitting the opponent, he only spends half the burst, like if it was a neutral Shadow Rampage.

Proof: http://youtu.be/ccOvuK7kD8E?t=38s

Thanks to GiroTheHero for pointing it to me. Again, I didn't know, which is why I'm sharing it.

I Really have no idea what to say about this.

Hey I just wanted J.B to get nerfed. And it did. I play Minazuki as well so I don't really care what happens to him nerf/buff wise. Now I can actually play neutral with him and not get smashed up by J.b

Problem is you'll be getting smashed up by other things now, j.b didn't just go away (if we can even say that it did), it was traded for tools just as good or even more dangerous if we're looking at it from a risk/reward position.

I saw it lose to something in the air. It was really the only problem for me. His buffs are cool and all but he looks much less derpy and brain dead to me.

While the lowered Burst cost is definitely a good thing for S.Ken, it's not exclusive to him. Here's another example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwrf4HytdUY&feature=youtu.be&t=1h14m45s

It's basically the same as jump cancel OD in BBCP. Interesting that it takes up closer to 75% than 50%, though.

so you can jc SB like in BB with jc OD to use less burst gauge with shadow berserk

rip

Ken using half isn't a bad thing anymore since now all you need to do is jump!

so you can jc SB like in BB with jc OD to use less burst gauge with shadow berserk

rip

Ken using half isn't a bad thing anymore since now all you need to do is jump!

Ken has like two jump cancelable moves, so jc OD isn't likely to be as helpful for him since his launcher happens pretty late in the combo once proration's already happened.

Ken has like two jump cancelable moves, so jc OD isn't likely to be as helpful for him since his launcher happens pretty late in the combo once proration's already happened.

S.Ken gets to Burst "in neutral" when he goes into Shadow Frenzy off a Koromaru attack, since it doesn't technically count as a cancel, so this technique is actually used by him MORE than most other characters.

S.Ken gets to Burst "in neutral" when he goes into Shadow Frenzy off a Koromaru attack, since it doesn't technically count as a cancel, so this technique is actually used by him MORE than most other characters.

That's not a jc OD then, that's just what Carl and Relius do.

Actually a few other chars do this now. S Mitsuru's is actually ridiculous as well.

Anybody know if we all are wasting time practicing on console? Are we going to get the console patch update in time for evo? This is such a shitty time for both Xrd and P4U2 having new patches so soon

There's been no mention of a console release of 2.0 yet so as you would expect, there's no way of knowing whether it'll be out in time for Evo.

You're not wasting your time practicing on consoles because there's a ton of stuff in terms of knowledge of our character(s), matchups and the game in general that our community here outside of JP needs to work on. There will be some stuff that won't apply or change with the update but the bulk load of the stuff we need to learn will carry over.

Hey, there's going to be another FT10 analysis tonight! Here are the details and stream link. Jona and bace are going to be analysing the FT10 between Musui's Akihiko and Damosu's Adachi. 8PM CST, twitch.tv/AnneIFrank.

Make sure to tune in tonight or catch the archive later. :D

Hey, there's going to be another FT10 analysis tonight! Here are the details and stream link. Jona and bace are going to be analysing the FT10 between Musui's Akihiko and Damosu's Adachi. 8PM CST, twitch.tv/AnneIFrank.

Make sure to tune in tonight or catch the archive later. :D

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what's an FT10?