Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Well, I wouldn't say it's that bad. We have nine tier lists from nine different people (assuming since I can't read Japanese) and they have Shadow Mitsuru as top consistently and a rotation of Shadow Chie, Aigis, Shadow Junpei, etc. The tier lists do look bloated in the middle portion, however I noticed a lot of the characters and their shadows share the same tier. So balancing wise, I think they did well in that regard. There's a bit more choice if you want to use shadow version for certain characters. There are also some characters whose shadows are just straight up better (the reverse is also true). Perhaps it's because the update is still young, but the tiers also seem closer, so that's good. It will be interesting going forward.

Also, on a side note, despite being nerfed Yu is still pretty good. I saw a few videos of Yamashita (Shadow Mitsuru) fighting him and the games were close and intense. Yu took a number of games so don't count that guy out just yet.

To me, it looks that the list of viable characters is larger than before, I welcome that. Even though, I still don't know what kind of hidden nerfs Yukari has to be that low. I mean, initially I saw a lot of good changes in her game plan.

To me, it looks that the list of viable characters is larger than before, I welcome that. Even though, I still don't know what kind of hidden nerfs Yukari has to be that low. I mean, initially I saw a lot of good changes in her game plan.

Yukari didn't get that much worse, Shadow Yukari just got that much better. The gulf isn't as wide as Shadow Junpei and Junpei, but there's less reason to play the normal over the counterpart now.

Narukami still does the same thing, just not as hard. He's more "fair" and "normalized" in comparison to the rest of the cast. Aigis also got "normalized" with the orgia nerf but she's still doing the same stuff just not as hard. That seems to be the case for a the top tier chars that didn't just get tools deleted.

Yukari didn't get that much worse, Shadow Yukari just got that much better. The gulf isn't as wide as Shadow Junpei and Junpei, but there's less reason to play the normal over the counterpart now.

I was comparing her with the rest of the cast, not just S. Yukari. "I think" that she didn't get worse, instead the rest of the cast got better than her. That actually is not bad, she was good in 1.1. So "maybe", if she's viable, then the rest of the cast above her is "viable" too (?). I dunno....I can't wait for 2.0 to feel it myself.

Narukami still does the same thing, just not as hard. He's more "fair" and "normalized" in comparison to the rest of the cast. Aigis also got "normalized" with the orgia nerf but she's still doing the same stuff just not as hard. That seems to be the case for a the top tier chars that didn't just get tools deleted.

In other words, 2.0 tried to delete a lot of gimmicky, cheap shit for every character, and unknowingly added some new ones for certain characters. Duly noted. 

So, somebody post the videos because I'm lazy to dig them up. There was a 3v3 today over in Japan with 83 teams (249 players), and it was stacked. MAD, Minori, Damosu, Taihichi, Souji, Die Chan, YMST, Ougi, Mokke, Shikki, Hama, and like a bajillion god players were all there.

Results were some shit

Winning team was Unknown(S Junpei), Hina (S Junpei), Pet(Adachi). Pet only had play once, and Hina OCVs YMST's team in GF. Baseball?

So, somebody post the videos because I'm lazy to dig them up. There was a 3v3 today over in Japan with 83 teams (249 players), and it was stacked. MAD, Minori, Damosu, Taihichi, Souji, Die Chan, YMST, Ougi, Mokke, Shikki, Hama, and like a bajillion god players were all there.

Results were some shit

Winning team was Unknown(S Junpei), Hina (S Junpei), Pet(Adachi). Pet only had play once, and Hina OCVs YMST's team in GF. Baseball?

We need videos of that event, ALL of them :D

Edited by heavymetalmixer

I didn't see anyone post / mention this so I thought I would.

https://twitter.com/cw_ishibashi/status/578461172799651840

P4U2 ver 2.02 will release next Friday. It seems just bug fixes / added content(?) and no balance patches whatsoever.

I wonder if we'll get 2.0 for EVO? I thought so back on January but I'm not so sure anymore :/

Hard to tell at the moment. Right now in my mind, either they're going to release it in May or June or a week or two after Evo. It's a pretty shitty situation to be honest. On the one hand, JP players having to compete in a version of the game they haven't played in 6 months is pretty shitty. On the other hand, western players getting the version so close to Evo is equally pretty shitty. And of course, them releasing 2.0 any sooner than 2-3 months after arcade release was never really an option for them, even if we ignore the fact that they want to maximize arcade revenue from the new update. Personally, I think there's a good chance they'll release 2.0 before Evo to make JP players happy but who knows. 

Results were some shit

Can't believe I missed that. Those results remind me of the big Urban Square 3v3 from last year. Can't wait until vids of this show up. There should be a lot of god like footage with this many Gods gathered.

Well, I'll try to upload the Adachi matches from the tournament I can find (uploading the entire tournament would kill my internet), but if anyone requests a certain MU , I'll upload them as well.

Rq'ing the Waka matches. I'm pretty sure he was there.

Rq'ing the Waka matches. I'm pretty sure he was there.

Waka was registered as using regular Naoto on a team with Hagiwara Teddie.

People should not be surprised. It was doubtful 2.0 would even get a console release before June, which would give people only a month to prepare, and even that's unlikely.

Sigh I look at that as a colossal failure not having 2.0 out before Evo Netherelm/Capcom have been good punting out patches/updated out 3+ months or so before evo. Completely sucked the hype out of the game and now I can see Evo and upcoming majors having weak numbers.