Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Any news at all on console release of this? 

I imagine if there was, there'd be an announcement not too far from/after EVO. They'd definitely want to take advantage of the renewed interest after EVO.

Is this game dead on PSN online?

You can find matches in the afternoon so it's somewhat active I guess. Not sure how this compares to other anime fighters though.

If you're willing to stay up really late, and have a good connection, Japan has on avg 20 or so players in the Japan lobbies around 9pm to 1am Tokyo time, and most of the day during the weekends. But the good connection is really important, if you have anything less than a 3 bar (that's being generous) Most people won't play with you.

It's been there ever since CEOtaku was first announced months ago. It likely means "If 2.0 is out at the time, that will be the version played." 

This is probably just wishful thinking, but seeing as the JP arcades are still updating 2.0, there might be hope that we'll get a 2.1 or even a 2.2 update, whether that is as and "Extend" or just a console update is up in the air as well. But, here's hoping! 

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/p4u2/important.html#imp150326

They're currently at 2.02 at the moment. 

This is probably just wishful thinking, but seeing as the JP arcades are still updating 2.0, there might be hope that we'll get a 2.1 or even a 2.2 update, whether that is as and "Extend" or just a console update is up in the air as well. But, here's hoping! 

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/p4u2/important.html#imp150326

They're currently at 2.02 at the moment. 

Now I think it would be better if they do another rebalance to make Shadows and Minazuki not OP.

Now I think it would be better if they do another rebalance to make Shadows and Minazuki not OP.

Shadows and Minazuki aren't OP. Also, if they do another rebalance, we'd just end up having to wait another 6 months for it :S

Shadows and Minazuki aren't OP. Also, if they do another rebalance, we'd just end up having to wait another 6 months for it :S

ATLUS is bussy with P4DAN and P5, so we won't get P4U2 2.0 on consoles this year for sure.

ATLUS is bussy with P4DAN and P5, so we won't get P4U2 2.0 on consoles this year for sure.

Please don't make up facts as you go along. Saying they're busy with P4D doesn't really make much sense. P4D is already out in Japan and with 2 months left until its US release, it's definitely already in its final submission phase on the localization end. Work on P4D is pretty much done. A lot of this also ignores the fact that the bulk load of the console version would be done by ASW, not Atlus. Atlus would only be doing localization and possibly the 360 port. You can try and make an argument that Atlus is too busy to do their part of the localization because they're busy localizing P5 but I can't really see P4AU 2.0 requiring all that much new localization to begin with unless they're adding in more story content. Even then, I can't imagine the extra content needing to be translated to be that much.

Its literally a balance patch, nothing else; what are they gonna pull an Extend and give all of the additional characters a side story?

Its literally a balance patch, nothing else; what are they gonna pull an Extend and give all of the additional characters a side story?

Maybe they want to, but they don't have any kind of extra content to make the new disc worth.

Honestly at this point there are a lot of things that can be done to go for a new disc / ultimate edition. 

-Unreleased DLC (New World Fool)

-A new story mode for Sho.

-Make a new disc including all DLC characters and content.

-New golden arena stages (those were also included in 2.0, just no one cares about them)

Then we'd also have new challenge combos etc etc. If they don't turn it into a "new game" it's because they don't want to because it can be done pretty easily.

Also for the record the Arcade version has not been updated since March. And even the additional updates were only bug fixes, if I remember right.

I don't doubt it coming to consoles. I doubt it coming and people still caring about it, sadly.

Honestly at this point there are a lot of things that can be done to go for a new disc / ultimate edition. 

-Unreleased DLC (New World Fool)

-A new story mode for Sho.

-Make a new disc including all DLC characters and content.

-New golden arena stages (those were also included in 2.0, just no one cares about them)

Then we'd also have new challenge combos etc etc. If they don't turn it into a "new game" it's because they don't want to because it can be done pretty easily.

Also for the record the Arcade version has not been updated since March. And even the additional updates were only bug fixes, if I remember right.

I don't doubt it coming to consoles. I doubt it coming and people still caring about it, sadly.

But they just put out the ultimate edition on psn and xbl not too long ago with everything. So really dont see them making a new disc just for a patch and adding nothing to the table than just a added story and songs which can both be added as dlc. 

Friendly reminder that this is happening tonight. CEO match analysis, BananaKen vs. Souji, 9PM EST at twitch.tv/neo_orgia. Bring questions and popcorn! 

Friendly reminder that this is happening tonight. CEO match analysis, BananaKen vs. Souji, 9PM EST at twitch.tv/neo_orgia. Bring questions and popcorn! 

Last night's match analysis was great to tune into.Big thanks to Mixed, BananaKen and Bace for taking the time to do it. I look forward to the next one.

Oh yeah, also, as some of you have probably already noticed by now, a lot of the links before the recent DL forum update are broken. This unfortunately means that pretty much all the Persona footage links I've posted in the last 2 years of P4AU's lifetime are pretty much RIP ;.;

Not sure what I'm going to do about it. DL is in the middle of a big revamp and a lot of the structure of the character forums is pretty up in the air right now. There might not even be video posting threads anymore going forward so I don't really want to do much of anything about it for now. Right now my game plan is:

• If video posting threads still exist post revamp, then I will try to repair the links, one character at a time
  • If video posting threads don't exist, I start creating evernotes to compile the "Best Of" footage for each character. Not sure how I'm going to make them as easy to find as the old video posting threads but I'll worry about that later.

That's it. Just wanted to keep you guys informed about my personal plans to deal with this issue. You may all go back to enjoying your day/Persona ^,^

Edited by RurouniLoneWolf

. . . Oh yeah, also, as some of you have probably already noticed by now, a lot of the links before the recent DL forum update are broken. This unfortunately means that pretty much all the Persona footage links I've posted in the last 2 years of P4AU's lifetime are pretty much RIP ;.; . . .

Even if it's a little harder you can still copy the link of the video and paste it in another tab.

Even if it's a little harder you can still copy the link of the video and paste it in another tab.

If you pasted the whole link when you posted in the video posting thread, yes.

If you made text a link like I used to do, no.

Edited by RurouniLoneWolf