Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

As many of you may already know NesicaxLive has showed up at Round 1 in Puente Hills, Ca meaning 2.0 is reached in US (in a weird kind of way)! So anybody close in the area theres your chance! Go out and support your scene! 

Edited by Bloo561

As many of you may already know NesicaxLive has showed up at Round 1 in Puente Hills, Ca meaning 2.0 is reached in US (in a weird kind of way)! So anybody close in the area theres your chance! Go out and support your scene! 

Yeah, but from what I heard, it seems that it was only short lived for now, and only CP: Extend and USF4 will be the only ones on those cabs for the time being, due to license limbo's (from said article). So I guess P4AU 2.0 will have to wait a while.

So... any news on ultimax 2.0 for consoles? I get that arc is probably busy with XrdR (or however people are short handing revelator) and BBCF, but shouldn't we have heard something at this point?

So... any news on ultimax 2.0 for consoles? I get that arc is probably busy with XrdR (or however people are short handing revelator) and BBCF, but shouldn't we have heard something at this point?

This is about ATLUS, and ATLUS doesn' give a fuck about the game.

This is about ATLUS, and ATLUS doesn' give a fuck about the game.

Ehhhh... no
It's about SEGA, and SEGA doesn't give a fuck about the game. SEGA owns Atlus, remember kids.
They even said so, it's like how mahvel is no longer a game because Disney owns marvel and they don't want that game or whatever.

So I heard there is a chance we might get 2.0 for consoles? Atleast that's what I saw on that PersonaCentral twitter i was shown.

So I heard there is a chance we might get 2.0 for consoles? Atleast that's what I saw on that PersonaCentral twitter i was shown.

Yeah, they're "considering" porting 2.0 to consoles which, doesn't really mean much at this point.

Yes but just the fact that the topic has been addressed makes it a lot better. 

Heck, a lot of people are just getting back to playing the game or to watching 2.0 footage because "maybe" is way better than remaining silent about this update that we thought we would never get. It might happen, it might not happen, but at least it makes the game a bit more lively.

Hard to say which way this'll go but I would like to think that they wouldn't bring it up at a big Persona tournament without being asked about it unless they were leaning towards getting it done. Hopefully, the great turnout for Toushinsai and CEOtaku this weekend makes them realize people around the world are still very much interested in competing in this game and gives them the extra push to greenlight an update.

Well, in any case, it seems like some of us are going to get to play 2.0. I hear the Round 1 Nesica cab is getting it next week and that's good enough reason for me to revive the video threads+fix all the dead links. I've already started with Labrys' video thread. I'll try and get as much as I can done by next week.

If they do port 2.0, what are the chances of there being new content that would require more voice acting? Because it would mean having to get Rise's new VA to cover it.

If they do port 2.0, what are the chances of there being new content that would require more voice acting? Because it would mean having to get Rise's new VA to cover it.

If they just straight up port 2.0 absolute zero because it's only gameplay changes.  And that's all I expect because they flat out used the word "update" so I don't know what else they could do short of half ass some story to drag out the P4 plot even longer.

can't read it all, but it seems very minor, only has 4 changes, one each for Ken, Junpei, Marie, and Yosuke. I suspect it's bug fixes for edge case stuff.

i honestly think they don't care anymore lol. they can't really monetize it because it's not really arcsys' franchise, it's atlus' so they can't do anything with the story so there's no point of a re-release. the arcades are dying and people are playing less of persona. so i honestly think the two companies just can't be bothered to do it. 

23 hours ago, TastyPancakez said:

i honestly think they don't care anymore lol. they can't really monetize it because it's not really arcsys' franchise, it's atlus' so they can't do anything with the story so there's no point of a re-release. the arcades are dying and people are playing less of persona. so i honestly think the two companies just can't be bothered to do it. 

Are they really dying in Japan?

Also, P4AU is one of February's PS+ free games on PS3.

Even though this is a little late to mention, but still makes sense...P4AU has been up for PS+ already and will be available until the 1st Tuesday of March whenever the PS Store gets updated. Available in NA/EU and even on the JP PS+ as well if you want to hear the story voices in JP. (Note that unlike Arena, Save files from the Physical release to the Digital release of Ultimax will work on your account.)

I just downloaded p4au this evening, did sho's challenges,seems very fun to use. How active is the scene for this game even with the outdated version?

12 hours ago, thancruz1 said:

I just downloaded p4au this evening, did sho's challenges,seems very fun to use. How active is the scene for this game even with the outdated version?

Glad you enjoy the game! There is still a community within the Junes Lobby and some online tournaments you are welcome to join!

15 minutes ago, TastyPancakez said:

So I heard 2.0 made it to Round 1 arcades...

you heard right. Only one Round 1 is confirmed so far, but it is a good thing for people who wanna play it still.