Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

The updated version of Persona 4 Arena is not currently planned for a release in the US, an Atlus representative tells IGN, and is an "arcade-only update."

Ehhh????

Oh damn. No NA release planned? I hope this changes, game looks sick.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The updated version of Persona 4 Arena is not currently planned for a release in the US, an Atlus representative tells IGN, and is an "arcade-only update."

Ehhh????

It means US/UK Fans won't get Yukari's Awesomeness :(

Yeah right. Atlus loves money, they won't restrict this to Arcades or Japan only.

They might not..Atlus are in a lot of trouble finacally..hell they might not release any of their planned games to the US besides BB:CP..

Yeah right. Atlus loves money, they won't restrict this to Arcades or Japan only.

This. P4A sold really well too. There's no reason for them not to port it. I'm interpreting their comments to mean the arcade will not leave Japan.

It hasn't even been announced for consoles yet. Of course they are going to say arcade only update atm.

Ehhh????

This must be false, or Atlus got plain stupid in the last days. P4A worked really well out of Japan, better than BB and GG because the influx of Persona fans that bought the game to enjoy it in single player with no intention to enter online/local competitions. Not localizing it will be like rejecting free money.

It hasn't even been announced for consoles yet. Of course they are going to say arcade only update atm.

Indeed. This is absolutely nothing to freak over. Of course the game will be released on consoles and of COURSE it will release outside of Japan as well.

This. P4A sold really well too. There's no reason for them not to port it. I'm interpreting their comments to mean the arcade will not leave Japan.

its not Atlus that are having financial problems but the parent company that got into some huge debt problems

Indeed. This is absolutely nothing to freak over. Of course the game will be released on consoles and of COURSE it will release outside of Japan as well.

"The updated version of Persona 4 Arena is not currently planned for a release in the US". Don't get your hopes up

This. Is this not the case with most modern arcade fighters? Send them out on the great plains of the Arcade capital, let them pasture, then when they're fattened up send them to the Industrialized Console processing plant and watch even more money roll in. Atlus may have financial difficulties but I'd like to think that whoever buys them has enough brain functions to realize to just let them do their thing and...oh wait, I forgot. SEGA is going to be their new boss.

even so, we're probably not gonna get this until....forever.

How long before the CSII update came to the US.

"The updated version of Persona 4 Arena is not currently planned for a release in the US". Don't get your hopes up

Haha, it's not a question of getting my hopes up. It's a question of thinking logically and taking precedent into account.

How long before the CSII update came to the US.

7 or 8 months down the line after the release if my memory serves me right.

This. Is this not the case with most modern arcade fighters? Send them out on the great plains of the Arcade capital, let them pasture, then when they're fattened up send them to the Industrialized Console processing plant and watch even more money roll in. Atlus may have financial difficulties but I'd like to think that whoever buys them has enough brain functions to realize to just let them do their thing and...oh wait, I forgot. SEGA is going to be their new boss.

That is not even confirmed..what if Nintendo Buys them and the Persona 4 Update becomes exculsive to the WiiU

Both of these changes would do a lot to stabilize his bad matchups where his weaknesses hit him hardest.

This... isn't really what's wrong with Kanji. He doesn't really need a move that goes through projectiles; the only character with legitimately troublesome projectiles is Yukiko, and most people don't have options to go through them either-A chunk of them aren't even PROJECTILE type. The neutral game VS Liz isn't that bad, it just has to be played more patiently, like a grappler matchup in street fighter. Beams definitely aren't the problem either, considering that they're either 1. negative enough where you can actually run in after them/punish with lightning, depending, 2. TK'D, which means you can crouch them and punish the whiff, or 3. SB Zio, which she has to spend meter on anyway for +8 advantage. :V

While her 5b/j.b projectile normals are annoying, they're also one of the only things Kanji can guaranteed punish with 236CD, and with her air backdash nerfed, being able to maneuver away from Kanji after whiffing a 2b is going to be a lot less viable. With sweep/236CD/2B, we're really not that far behind. Slab Kanji also isn't that bad, her only projectile being... laser and 2C, i don't know where you got 'everything she does' from. 2C being a mild annoyance you learn to deal with and laser being something you're generally dealing with on wakeup, since you can stuff the wakeup of non EX versions with lightning for some odd reason.

sweep beating everything else... Kanji already has 5B for contesting Narukami 5B thanks to the hitbox Narukami sticks out before it becomes active, can 214C all of them in neutral thanks to the invuln, and already low profiles the tip of Mitsuru's 5A by crouching, and considering it only has 1 active frame > 20+ recovery, it's not that bad to contest either. Liz 2B isn't something you low profile, and it's also a big risk for her, considering her cancel options require her to not mash it (or you can CH J.B), and you can 5B it if she's using it as a poke just fine. We also don't have less mobility than liz, lol. Sweep also doesn't 'inconsistently' low profile these things-the low profile is only well after startup.

these really do not help with the real problems Kanji has in the game, most of it sounds like a lot of complaints we had back in 2012 before the matchups developed. some things are accurate but all of your exampels are way off barring narukami 5b. also, if you want to discuss more, please bring it to the kanji forum. I just don't want people getting the wrong idea reading your post in a thread that isn't about kanji.

This. Do you know of a US arcade with a P4A machine to even get this update? There's no way it can come to the US if it's arcade only.

That is not even confirmed..what if Nintendo Buys them and the Persona 4 Update becomes exclusive to the WiiU

We do not speak of such evil young man. Truly I cannot think of much more a frightening thought than that. It's right up there with Final Fantasy being bought by Ubisoft, Xbox One suddenly reverting to its originally planned draconian policies and having my eyeballs eaten out by a tarantula.

LMAO.

Man, a lot of you love to jump to conclusions way to quickly, of course that is not planned for USA, and is arcades only, that is the cycle of every damn FG made by ASW, they are always arcade exclusive for a time.

Is more than probable that they don't have started to work on the console version yet, so obviously they announce that the current game is being developed for arcades only, specially because is NesicaXLive which only works in japan.

Once they have finished it, they can start talking about their plans of bringing the new game to consoles and the inevitable USA release.

geez...