Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

I guess that seals the deal then.

If Adachi is gonna cast fear on the opponent most of the time, he'll be doing a lot of fatal counters won't he? And throw spamming since it'll be untechable.

Chickzama pointed this out on twitter...

http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/P4AU_Adachi2.png

Notice how this screenshot Adachi has 4 Persona cards?

However in the video...

http://puu.sh/9T4r1/7bd0bf49e8.jpg

He has three cards.

I wonder about this, is the localization screencap the final product or should we believe the video?

Chickzama pointed this out on twitter...

http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/P4AU_Adachi2.png

Notice how this screenshot Adachi has 4 Persona cards?

However in the video...

http://puu.sh/9T4r1/7bd0bf49e8.jpg

He has three cards.

I wonder about this, is the localization screencap the final product or should we believe the video?

Maybe he can buff his persona card stock? JK I dunno.

The localized info is more recent yes? so I'm more willing to trust it.

It could be Adachi is still being made even now.

Something similar happened with Rise, where in her video, she sometimes had 4 cards and sometimes had 5 cards. Then again, it's consistently 3 in Adachi's video. Maybe it's a matter of ASW still working out how Adachi will play.

So he's taking the Random Slot under Yu. No more potential additions then?

Yes, so please everyone shut up about extra characters.

Yes, so please everyone shut up about extra characters.

I only got this to say.

..again,

SALT.

that's all.

I've barely followed Ultimax at all because the original game left me pretty cold after the "new game smell" wore off. I couldn't get into any characters other than Kanji and I'm completely disinterested in the Persona 3 and 4 RPGs. I heard from a friend that there's a new mode in Ultimax that lets you play without autocombos? If true, that would significantly improve my enjoyment of the game.

It's called not pressing 'A' more than three times in rapid succession. If you're complaining about other people only being able to do suboptimal combos at best, can't help you there.

On a serious note, I haven't heard or seen anything about that assertion. Even if that rumor is true, the AAA sequence would need to stay in the game, since each press does a different move and some of the strings are essential for certain characters' pressure games/non-auto combos.

I guess someone on the localization team didn't like cabbages. I kinda like the localized title though since "dick" is slang for "detective" (a lot of times derogatory). Also hey, whoever called the Terumi palette with Ghost Terumi M.Izanagi deserves a medal.

AFAIK, the cabbage meme didn't really take off out of Japan, so they might've decided to go for a more universally understandable title. Though I'm not sure if calling him a detective dick (dick dick?) was the best idea.

Shadow World confirmed for heavy Risette: Live on Stage.

Holy crap. 5900 damage if perfected AND it's comboable? Nuts. Just nuts.

Also, Rise playable at AX and EVO. P4U2 theme name confirmed: Break Out of.. something. It's probably longer because it appeared as Break Out of... -Short ver.-. Also, a new theme called Blood Red Moon.

if it's over, please tell me someone got it recorded. I dunno if I can wait another week. XD

t's not over, but it WILL be archived. Also, there may be an official change list on the way.

EDIT: Over now. It's been archived, though, so check it out on Atlus's Twitch page.

Blood Red Moon is the name of Minazuki's theme, yessssssssss

As for the music I'm not sure how to feel. It's nice that they're going the extra mile for fanservice but..Period(the P4 results theme) as BGM? I kinda wish there was some more new tracks, hell I'm still slightly bummed that we have four versions of Reach out the Truth now and only one of them is a remix while the others are just original versions from P4.

t's not over, but it WILL be archived. Also, there may be an official change list on the way.

EDIT: Over now. It's been archived, though, so check it out on Atlus's Twitch page.

Good to know, though I can't weatch it on my iPad since it can't play archived stuff... AFAIK anyways.

Glad they archived it. There was lots of good Rise footage. Stuff I noticed. 

Most important point
- Rematch feature confirmed legit!

Rise stuff
- So that green heart rate laser puts a target lock icon on the player if it hits and it seems to make her platinum disc track all the way to the player if you use it when they have the target lock on them? At least that's what I could tell from the footage. Also, because it tracks instead of just doing it's usual trajectory, it'll hit the player multiple times consecutively, trapping them in hitstun or blockstun long enough to close the distance between you and them.

- The laser orbital bombardment is indeed comboable in the corner as I suspected and when it hits coming back down, it seems to electrocute the opponent for about as long as getting hit with Rachel's frog in BB? Need to look at it again. 

- throw comboable in the corner it seems

- hmmmm, Rise's DP seems to function by the barrier that appears in front of her blocking everything indefinitely and electricity shooting out in front of it to electrocute the opponent after a set period of time...this DP might be as shitty as Labrys' DP. But we'll see. 

- "Senpai, did you see that?!" 

Ken Stuff
- Throw seems comboable in general with the help of Koromaru

- 2B seems to have good reach as you would expect from Ken by now

It's much safe to say that if they included the song that plays after you've defeated an enemy in P3 (and looped I may add), P4U2's gonna have a crapton of music to fight from in the game. Gonna fight to Heaven all day~

You think the games will also carry the Reincarnation soundtracks? That would be pretty awesome.

So this month's Arcadia had a promo piece for Arc Revo. They also posted some tier lists. As far as I can tell with my crapp reading ability, P4U's is currently:

S: Yosuke, Yuu
A+: MINAZUKI (Persona), Aigis, Akihiko
A: Teddy, Minazuki (Personaless), Yukari, Shadow Labrys, Mitsuru, Shadow Chie
B: Naoto, Junpei, Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, Shadow Mitsuru, Shadow Yuu
C: Elizabeth, Labrys, Rest of the Shadow Versions

EDIT: Fixed the Shos now I know which is which.

So this month's Arcadia had a promo piece for Arc Revo. They also posted some tier lists. As far as I can tell with my crapp reading ability, P4U's is currently:

S: Yosuke, Yuu

Brosuke in S-tier? I mean I know he got buffs but is he really so dominant to stand in the same tier as Crystal Dragon Jesus Narukami?