Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Just curious since were still sorta talking about Rise but is there an estimate on her health? I tried to calculate it and came out to about 8.5K-9K? I actually feel ok if its around that range. She seems like she has some really good rushdown. Didnt she have 5 cards at one point?

8743 at the bare minimum.

I managed to map out her entire moveset, feel free to check it out here.

Rhapsody's Rise impressions are here.

Wow, I apparently put Ken's stab move as a 226 motion. Fixed.

Also, random fact about Rise's command grab awakening super, it's not instant like Kanji's. I was able to get out by mashing DP :V 

Will things like fans and bullets whiff on Koro? If not, Yukiko's gonna have another matchup she hates.

Didn't get a chance to fight a Yukiko or a Naoto, sorry. :( I played against Rise, Aigis, and Yukari, with the 'eating projectiles' thing mostly noticeable in the last two.

Gah, and I forgot one more note. Added to pastebin.

There were a couple of situations where his DP hit the opponent in an extremely weird way, and caused Ken to whiff the second hit, which left him wide open to just about anything. Will test this more, but if it's really inconsistent in most situations, we might have a candidate for worst DP in the game.

Also, random fact about Rise's command grab awakening super, it's not instant like Kanji's. I was able to get out by mashing DP :V 

I had a feeling it wouldn't be that good. But the super is unblockable and depending on the start-up, she may be able to 5D or w.e her oki is, and just do the unblockable super for free. Think of it like Kokonoe's Blackhole I guess.

Rise's shadow winpose is obviously her strip dancing and Ken's shadow winpose is turning into a kid again.

Wish I could've gotten a better grasp of how Sho played.

The notes say that Ken's 236A/B only pulls the enemy in on hit, but I remember seeing him pulling the enemy on block, too. Has that been changed, or it's just a misunderstanding?

The notes say that Ken's 236A/B only pulls the enemy in on hit, but I remember seeing him pulling the enemy on block, too. Has that been changed, or it's just a misunderstanding?

It might do it on block too, though I don't remember it happening. I'll add that to my notes of things to look out for next weekend when I can play again.

Please, no one ask questions about Yukiko, as no one is going to play her throughout the whole time P4AU setups are running, so I'm just gonna take this time to make educated guesses.

• Along with Yukari, S. Lab and Yosuke, Ken will probably pose as a problem for Yukiko due to his spear alone.
  • Rise's Awakening super will only be used for combo staples, as it obviously appears unwise to use it as a reversal, unless if the opponent DP's (Kanji, Liz, maybe Yosuke? to name a few) or throws out a random super
  • Ken vs Yosuke is prolly going to be a hard MU for Ken, a gut feeling of mine, don't ask me why
  • Yukari will most likely be the least used new character played at the P4U2 setups

It would be nice if more people did a little exploring and made a mental record of the stages, the music available to fight to, the voices of the characters, and the overall design of the game. Also if there isn't security, some video footage would be nice. Guess I'll just have to depend on the great unwashed to see what comes up.

Please, no one ask questions about Yukiko, as no one is going to play her throughout the whole time P4AU setups are running, so I'm just gonna take this time to make educated guesses.

• Along with Yukari, S. Lab and Yosuke, Ken will probably pose as a problem for Yukiko due to his spear alone.
  • Rise's Awakening super will only be used for combo staples, as it obviously appears unwise to use it as a reversal, unless if the opponent DP's (Kanji, Liz, maybe Yosuke? to name a few) or throws out a random super
  • Ken vs Yosuke is prolly going to be a hard MU for Ken, a gut feeling of mine, don't ask me why
  • Yukari will most likely be the least used new character played at the P4U2 setups

It would be nice if more people did a little exploring and made a mental record of the stages, the music available to fight to, the voices of the characters, and the overall design of the game. Also if there isn't security, some video footage would be nice. Guess I'll just have to depend on the great unwashed to see what comes up.

From the tools I've explored with Ken so far, and from what I've seen of Yosuke in the new version? I actually feel like Ken'll prove problematic for him. He can't just SJ>run away, since you can likely just Maragidyne to make him eat a chunk of damage. His DP also basically seems to be designed to combat characters who like to hang out in the air a lot, since it'll peg them at SJ height. Mind you, this is all theory fighting I'm doing right now.

I know a decent Yukiko player whose going to EVO, which is gonna be good. I'm gonna see if he's gonna be free to test stuff out.

Dear god PLEASE do regarding that Yukiko player.

But I dunno how I felt about the Yosuke vs Ken matchups...I just assumed even though Ken had the better reach and assist, whenever Ken would whiff a long-ranged attack would have poor recovery which is essential to Yosuke but I never really thought about Ken's supers.

Oh, and if anyone has anything they'd like answered about Ken, Aigis, or Kanji, PM me a list of things to test out, and I'll add it to my notes.

Oh! I don't know if the Atlus stream showed this, but have you seen Ken & Koro's IK, by any chance?

It's something using both Mudoon and Hamaon that ends up looking like a disco ball. You can get a glimpse if you watch Ken's trailer.

Ooooh ok I see what happened now. I was watching Shadow Naoto Denpa and saw that a Chie couldn't burst a 7.4k combo. But then I realized he was Silenced from the super beforehand and you need your persona active to actually burst

Dear god PLEASE do regarding that Yukiko player.

If you have a question about Yukiko you could of easily tweeted Stunedge about her.

If you have a question about Yukiko you could of easily tweeted Stunedge about her.

Sure, but I'd like to get a collective response from other Yukiko players as well to get a general idea of what to expect.

Also, I have other questions he'd have no way of figuring out, such as ENG Yukiko and win quotes.

Plus, I heard Stunedge was dropping Yukiko for Yukari, so I doubt I'd get any overall positive feedback about P4U2 Yukiko from him, not to mention the very fact that irks me.

i messed around with rise a bit at ax:

236A/B: microphone shout, summons notes that can be detonated later by normals. shout can hit opponents. detonated notes does seem to do much damage or much stun. notes have no hitbox until detonated.

214A/B: rise does a clumsy push forward, not an overhead, wallbounces, probably just for combos

236C/D: shoots a big disc, 7-10 hits iirc

214C/D: creates a shield, C shield auto pushblocks strikes, D shield auto reflects projectiles. shield is on a timer. shield goes away after pushblocking/reflecting or if you get hit or if the timer goes to zero. you still need to block correctly to get the pushblock/reflect.

2B is 2 hits, first hit is low, 2nd hit is anti air with head invul

j.2B is a falling butt slam like potemkin j.D/tager j.2C. also includes 2nd hit on landing, looks pretty slow

D normals shoot a beam, if opponent gets hit, the 236D disc homes in on hte opponent. beam is sorta slow

ouroborous satellite super goes away if rise gets hit

Scrub question, but are the shadow characters basically like Blazblue's unlimited characters, not meant to be used for normal gameplay, or are they like Shadow Labrys?

From what I understand shadow characters are another version of the characters that sacrifice things like burst and awakening in favor for more aggressive play with access to things like awakening supers right off the bat, meter carrying over to the next round and having a unique shadow burst which allows for unlimited meter use for a limited time. They are tournament legal, unlike unlimited characters, they aren't like this broken arcade mode boss that have unique attacks that do weird stuff, I may have missed something about shadow mode but that's what I've generally seen when it comes to replay footage.