Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

New Adachi stuff in the trailer!

Seems that the curb stomp he does to Yukari is his Furious Action (indicated by the flash and blue life).
A super that inflicts Fear, but does almost no damage.
3 cards.

[Hype intensifies]

The P4U arcade lobby thing looks awesome. The dream of a Mitsuru sprite with an afro might be real.

Oh, and I always liked the lobby thing in BBCP. Might be an easier way to find players.

I noticed a weird thing in those brief snippets of gameplay. Adachi's supers take a bit of health like a furious action would. Any other characters have supers that do that?

I noticed a weird thing in those brief snippets of gameplay. Adachi's supers take a bit of health like a furious action would. Any other characters have supers that do that?

He was super-canceling them. Super-Canceling always makes a small bit of blue health.

Speaking of SP, I'd like to know its properties for Ken's spear pull.

He was super-canceling them. Super-Canceling always makes a small bit of blue health.

Thanks, it's a shame I never knew that.

Junpei plays for Japan!? I thought he was just a highschool baseball coach!

But yeah, the arcade lobby looks really nice. Can't wait any longer. ;_;

Junpei plays for Japan!? I thought he was just a highschool baseball coach!

Pretty sure that's part of his "Marry me Chidori" dream.

New Adachi stuff in the trailer!

Seems that the curb stomp he does to Yukari is his Furious Action (indicated by the flash and blue life).

A super that inflicts Fear, but does almost no damage.

3 cards.

[Hype intensifies]

Maybe that first super is comboable afterward or something. Who knows. Its weird that it does almost no damage.

Who dares to fire bullets at my Labby-chan?!?! Awesome trailer. Arcade lobbies is a great confirmation.Going to be walking around as Asuka Labrys all day, every day! It has emotes again and the player matches quick messages which I think is new.   I wonder if the Koromaru avatars are people or if they're like the pigeons in the BBCP lobby. Also, it's hard to tell from the 4ish screenshots/footage you see, but based on the number of setups I'm seeing and the design of the lobby, I have a suspicion that ASW have scaled down on the size of the lobbies to increase netcode performance. Going to have to wait for a famitsu article to confirm that though. 

The story mode interface is also looking pretty spiffy. Velvet room background and it feels like it has a more elaborate web than BBCP did for the selection of each chapter.

Can't wait for this game. I'm so excited

Pretty sure that's part of his "Marry me Chidori" dream.

Noooooooo ;_;

By the way, we can see a new Aki palette here. It looks like a Velvet Room color. Since Adachi is getting one, can we assume everyone will get this palette?

Edited by Strife

Speaking of SP, I'd like to know its properties for Ken's spear pull.

As in, what SB 236A/B has over the normal versions? That's going to be a part of what I take notes on, but if I were to fathom a guess? It'd probably be a LOT faster in order to catch bad zoning. Either that, or perhaps it'll have some sort of follow up.

I'm pretty interested in impressions on the recovery of Ken's moves, specifically how badly off he is when he whiffs or when the opponent rolls through them without doge covering recovery. It's probably prone to change before release and is probably highly matchup and distance specific, but it'd be nice to have general ideas, like "You'll likely have to block if they roll through 5A" or "It feels like anyone can roll through and 5A punish a max range 5/2B". I'd imagine that there'd be a relatively big tradeoff on the recovery department for his reach and for having doge to help cover him. 

Would also be interested in knowing if he has dash-cancelable attacks, particularly his persona ones. It seems like a lot of characters, if not all of them, have that added as a 5C buff, so maybe he has the same.

Thanks for gathering info on him!

Man, Arcade Lobbies . . . ASW said that GGXrd won't have because they make the Netcode worse, so why is ASW they bringnig them to P4U2?

When did ASW say this? All I've ever heard is Maximillian make a second hand comment about how he heard they plan to "scale back" on what they did for BBCP, which is a pretty vague comment that doesn't really say anything honestly.

When did ASW say this? All I've ever heard is Maximillian make a second hand comment about how he heard they plan to "scale back" on what they did for BBCP, which is a pretty vague comment that doesn't really say anything honestly.

it's in the trailer man about 1:50 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3RLE0P9oXQ

Pretty sure I Daisuke mentioned it in an interview a little while ago. Don't remember which one though

Ugh, do I really want to go through that mess of a Xrd gameplay thread to try and find out the truth?...Nah, I don't actually care enough to put myself through that. I'll just wait until it's mentioned again at a later time. 

it's in the trailer man about 1:50 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3RLE0P9oXQ

I was talking about Xrd, not P4AU

I just checked the Xrd thread, and Max's video really does seem to be the only source on the lack of lobbies. However, the way he mentions it is not that ambiguous: he talked to the devs, and they said that huge lobbies didn't go too well to the point of affecting the netcode. So yeah, I'm not sure why it's still here in P4U. Maybe the netcode is easier to handle with sprites? Maybe they couldn't develop anything else in time? Maybe those lobbies are actually smaller?

Anyways, here's the original video with the time stamp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYxxX_HAmg8&t=3m30s

I just checked the Xrd thread, and Max's video really does seem to be the only source on the lack of lobbies. However, the way he mentions it is not that ambiguous: he talked to the devs, and they said that huge lobbies didn't go too well to the point of affecting the netcode. So yeah, I'm not sure why it's still here in P4U. Maybe the netcode is easier to handle with sprites? Maybe they couldn't develop anything else in time? Maybe those lobbies are actually smaller?

Anyways, here's the original video with the time stamp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYxxX_HAmg8&t=3m30s

In terms of vagueness, I was mostly talking about removing the feature altogether. Seems like I've caused a number of misunderstandings by not fully explaining myself. Sorry about that guys! But yeah, like I said, he says they plan to "Reel back" on what they did. Don't know if I want to trust the earlier part either since apparently the developer told him that BB has 56 player lobbies but not worth spending too much time on. If he's wrong about that point, someone at ASW will correct him later. 

Anywho, getting back to Arcade Lobbies in P4AU, no point in worrying about what it's inclusion means for the netcode at this point. Netcode isn't a static thing after all. It can be optimized or redone to get better performance. Also, as SoWL said and as I was suspecting earlier from the screenshots, they might've reduced the size of the lobbies to compensate as well. Just going to have to wait and se

Maybe that first super is comboable afterward or something. Who knows. Its weird that it does almost no damage.

That super doesn't look like it's over just yet. Considering his P4 moveset, I think that the fear super is his Ghastly Wail

Also, GREAT NEWS! NO REGION LOCK!

Dunno if that was mentionned here, but Atlus USA just confirmed on Facebook that the game is region free.

Rejoice, European fans !