Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Also, GREAT NEWS! NO REGION LOCK!

Curious, they mention "No region lock for North and South Americas" but does that mean the JPN version isn't locked as well? I'm not importing but I do like me my early spoilers to let me know what to expect from the game (Challenges, Golden Arena, etc.).

And then all of Europe rejoiced.

Meanwhile, that trailer...What does it say about the Adachi related DLC? Does all of it come with him, or is it in a bundle pack that can be sold separately?

Should I feel bad for hoping the story mode will feature a few gag endings?

I was disappointed when P4A only had three.

Also, it appears that story modes will be handled kinda like a flowchart with multiple branches.

Here are some pics from the trailer showing that.

good, taking notes from CP to a degree. I love this idea.

That super doesn't look like it's over just yet. Considering his P4 moveset, I think that the fear super is his Ghastly Wail

Im a bit confused when it says north and south america, does this mean I can play players in japan? or just north and south america?

https://twitter.com/Kurushii/status/487320338024652800

Does that tweet mean that if JP is region locked we won't be able to play with them?  But why would it be locked if NA isn't? wouldn't JP being locked make the NA non-lock pointless?

If it's like last game, the servers will be international. It's just that if the JP version is region locked for some strange reason, you won't be able to play it on a non-Japanese PS3. I highly doubt it will be locked, though.

Whew, hearing that it's officially NOT region locked is the biggest relief for us Europeans  :sweatdrop: 

Now to save money for that preorder. The US release was about a month after JP?

Whew, hearing that it's officially NOT region locked is the biggest relief for us Europeans  :sweatdrop: 

Now to save money for that preorder. The US release was about a month after JP?

I think the american version will be released on September 31.

Nobody really knows. September 30 is speculated to be the release date, but I think that's just a placeholder date.

Would it be too naive of me to think the release date would be like with Arena, where we only had to wait 12 days (or 2 weeks) for the NA version?

That super doesn't look like it's over just yet. Considering his P4 moveset, I think that the fear super is his Ghastly Wail

That raises a question for European users. If it's region free in America does that mean its region free anywhere? Eg Australia.

Also, it appears that story modes will be handled kinda like a flowchart with multiple branches.

Here are some pics from the trailer showing that.

So basically BBCP story, but not as simple.

Curious, they mention "No region lock for North and South Americas" but does that mean the JPN version isn't locked as well? I'm not importing but I do like me my early spoilers to let me know what to expect from the game (Challenges, Golden Arena, etc.).

I'm curious about this as well. The wording is kinda odd to me, and I would either take it as the NA/SA version not being region locked, or that the JP version isn't region locked (as in "it's not region locked so that the NA/SA players can play it"). 

I'm curious about this as well. The wording is kinda odd to me, and I would either take it as the NA/SA version not being region locked, or that the JP version isn't region locked (as in "it's not region locked so that the NA/SA players can play it"). 

I think it'd be odd to not region lock NA/SA and then region lock JP

Last time, they region locked JP to prevent reverse importing so they didn't lose money. If they just region lock JP to prevent importing (doesn't that lose them some money? I don't really know much about the economics involved) Nothing is preventing anyone from Japan from being able to reverse import since NA/SA versions aren't region locked.

I can't wrap my head around a reason to just region lock JP and not the rest (unless they hate the idea of people importing/it does lose them money, of course.)

They only region locked P4U because both versions of the game were the same. Aka, JP players could buy the NA version cheaper and still have the JP language. I don't think it will be the case this time around.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but given the region lock news, what is the fastest way people will be receiving the game through importing? Debating whether physical w/ express shipping or digital would be faster.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but given the region lock news, what is the fastest way people will be receiving the game through importing? Debating whether physical w/ express shipping or digital would be faster.

Digital is always fastest, get physical if you really want to touch the actual box though. I plan on getting US digital and then EU physical when available.