Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

So it's been about an hour of Mitsuru wrecking people. That's ... fun.

No, seriously, someone pick Ken already.

Kanji is glorious! Especially with the ability to use cruel attack in the air, gives a new change to his autocombo if that cancel into that instead of the YOLODIVE {{speaking of that GLAD they reused my favorite line of that move!}}

Primal force looks somewhat promising, maybe combined with the ability for 5C to paralyze it could be good for anti-zoning.

Yeah, I'm not dogging the Mitsuru player -- he's very good, and that's awesome, but I think we all get the point already. It was kind of frustrating to watch Shadow Rise get Perfected before we even had a chance to see what she could do differently than her normal version.

It would be nice to see how Ken's reach fares against Mitsuru's, but that would require the Mitsuru player to take it down a notch. Which, to his credit, he did a bit during the first Kanji set so the opponent could learn the controls, but... this is really getting dull. We've seen Aigis twice, Yosuke once, the Elizabeth mirror match (that was when I started watching), two Minazukis, normal Rise and Shadow Rise, and now Kanji. And Mitsuru crushing everybody.

At least that Mitsuru player seems to have left. Now, we've got Rise vs. Ken to what may be Rise's theme.

Ken looks quote nice. And rise wants koro-chan XD

And now, Rise vs. Shadow Rise.

Looks like a reflected projectile through Makarakarn becomes a one-hit superfast projectile. So much Rise on stream. It's an idol-fest.

And now, the stream has died. How unfortunate.

Remember when you'd fight a netplay Narukami and he'd spam DP all day? It looks like Rise is copying her beloved senpai. Ho, boy.

Hitting her when she's behind the non-DP shield should be stupidly easy for any characters with cross-up jumps and nets you a free counter hit starter.

Ken looks like a bad MU for her. (Then again, he looks like a bad MU for a lot of people.) Not sure what to think of Rise. It'd be interesting to see how she fares against someone like Yosuke or Aigis. She looks pretty weak to me, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time until someone figures out a solid gameplan for her. (Though, man, that rhythm game super is unexpectedly easy to dodge. I wonder what the start-up is... looks like you're going to have to combo into it but even then it's not airtight. Also interesting: either Koromaru's standing hitbox ducks that super entirely or it has to actually touch Ken, as I saw it whiffing when Koromaru did his spinning shoulder-height move to land on the ground at Rise's feet during the start-up while Ken himself was out of range. I'm guessing it's "must hit Ken," which would give him all the time he wants to position Koromaru for the whiffed super punish.)

Ken spear super: 2156 damage on Awakened opponent. Very nice.

Mediarama: disables burst; normal counter (not fatal). DP doesn't seem to be Fatal Recovery either. May not be the worst DP in the game.

So what does it all do?

Risette Field(Satellite super?) damages the opponent on contact, sends the satellites to the opponents location to explode with an additional input and if the opponent was scanned the satellites automatically teleport to the opponent no matter where they are.

Risette Field(Satellite super?) damages the opponent on contact, sends the satellites to the opponents location to explode with an additional input and if the opponent was scanned the satellites automatically teleport to the opponent no matter where they are.

I'll add that there's a cooldown gauge (looks like the grey bar for overheated Orgia, same as with Rise's shield) and that I think the bombs can be blocked crouching or standing. Seems like they're most useful if Rise follows them in and goes for mixup, detonating after the opponent's opened up.

Can't remember the damage, though, but it didn't seem excessive.

Doesn't look like it does a lot of damage. Also, Atlus pulled a troll by putting up one of their Midnight Channel-style overlay thingies over the stream for a couple of seconds. I wonder why.

Also, Atlus pulled a troll by putting up one of their Midnight Channel-style overlay thingies over the stream for a couple of seconds. I wonder why.

Because the players were looking at move lists.

Forgot to note: one of Koromaru's commands (ground attack) causes knockdown, unless I really missed something. So for zoners, the dog either eats your projectile or he knocks you down and Ken gets in... damn.

They've been doing that a ton of times, and the overlay only went up once.

Yes, but they were taking a while and Atlus likes to mess around like that, just like they did for their Ultimax-ing stream.

Striptease has been confirmed to be BGM in Ultimax.

Confirmed a while back, along with a bunch of other songs.