Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Also -- anyone else wondering if this was such a surprise announcement because they were trying to get the game out the door before ATLUS got sold?

stuff

I'm providing buffs that would condense the matchups. I'm looking at the areas where Kanji has the least amount of counterplay and removing them, and all of these changes take into account other character changes to go along with them. Mitsuru would get a nerf and Liz fullscreen persona are issues that need separate levels of tuning.

Game balance requires certain nuance when addressing problems. These keep Kanji's weaknesses intact, keeps him low tier without being awful, and addresses certain areas where he can't outplay the other person at all.

The 5B thing is not really an answer to narukami 5b. You can do that with 2a and 5a in really specific points too. That doesn't mean the counterplay there is healthy. The idea being if you make a certain effort to put yourself in an advantageous situation, you should be able to force the mistake, not guess it.

Edited by Henaki

LMAO.

Man, a lot of you love to jump to conclusions way to quickly, of course that is not planned for USA, and is arcades only, that is the cycle of every damn FG made by ASW, they are always arcade exclusive for a time.

Is more than probable that they don't have started to work on the console version yet, so obviously they announce that the current game is being developed for arcades only, specially because is NesicaXLive which only works in japan.

Once they have finished it, they can start talking about their plans of bringing the new game to consoles and the inevitable USA release.

geez...

QFT. Why is everybody shitting their pants over the same shit ASW has been doing/saying forever? They like to stay friends with the arcades and keep money rolling into the machines for a good 6 months before they start that console talk.

My only concern is how long the wait is going to be. I need to put bat to face asap with Junpei. I sincerely hope they kept the sound effects from Teddie's bat for all his moves. =D

Teddie: Can use All-Out Attack in midair.

Depending on the animation. Does this mean Teddie can do longer air combos? :v:

I went through each and every page to get here.

Not too hype until more info comes out. Akihiko's changes seem interesting, especially the new low profile move. lol at the Atlus rep statement. Even if it's true (and I doubt it is) there would be no reason to region lock it.

I went through each and every page to get here.

Not too hype until more info comes out. Akihiko's changes seem interesting, especially the new low profile move. lol at the Atlus rep statement. Even if it's true (and I doubt it is) there would be no reason to region lock it.

Like how there was no reason to region lock P4A in the first place?

LMAO.

Man, a lot of you love to jump to conclusions way to quickly...

But jumping to conclusions is how my FATLUS ass gets exercise in the morning :kitty:.

Joking aside, there should be no reason to panic. Game isn't even officially out on arcades, let alone the JPN console market. We have time and until I hear either ATLUS or ASW say "LOL Nope, no localization" then let this hype train not stop on Bummer Station.

Oh man, I'm already in love with Junpei. He was sweet in P3 and looks even cooler now. I may have to trade in my Liz for him once this dropz.

Oh man, new Guilty Gear, new Persona 4 Arena... argh, its too awesome.

:vbang:

Aww man :( Mass Destruction was like, my favourite theme in P3!

I'm looking at the areas where Kanji has the least amount of counterplay and removing them, and all of these changes take into account other character changes to go along with them. Mitsuru would get a nerf and Liz fullscreen persona are issues that need separate levels of tuning.

These keep Kanji's weaknesses intact, keeps him low tier without being awful, and addresses certain areas where he can't outplay the other person at all.

The 5B thing is not really an answer to narukami 5b. You can do that with 2a and 5a in really specific points too. That doesn't mean the counterplay there is healthy. The idea being if you make a certain effort to put yourself in an advantageous situation, you should be able to force the mistake, not guess it.

you aren't addressing weaknesses kanji has that other characters can press on him. you're assuming weaknesses. your post is grossly misinformed and off point, since it doesn't seem like you explored the character very much. you also are grossly misunderstanding the ability for a narukami to run up --> duck to block a -36 normal, or the fact 2b will still beat it clean. that's guessing.

I won't post again, and I ask you again to not discuss it here. This is not where it belongs lol. I don't want Kanji players checking the thread for news to misunderstand what's going on and what he's getting/not getting, influencing how they're feeling. It's hard enough dealing with the Liz players who aren't properly taking into account how she's getting changed :V

edit: -15 normal, not -36 lol. everyone can punish regardless!

Edited by Omex

you aren't addressing weaknesses kanji has that other characters can press on him. you're assuming weaknesses. your post is grossly misinformed and off point, since it doesn't seem like you explored the character very much. you also are grossly misunderstanding the ability for a narukami to run up --> duck to block a -36 normal, or the fact 2b will still beat it clean. that's guessing.

I won't post again, and I ask you again to not discuss it here. This is not where it belongs lol. I don't want Kanji players checking the thread for news to misunderstand what's going on and what he's getting/not getting, influencing how they're feeling. It's hard enough dealing with the Liz players who aren't properly taking into account how she's getting changed :V

You're welcome to disagree with me, that's fine, and I won't argue with you over it. I did mention this was all hypothetical :)

Like how there was no reason to region lock P4A in the first place?

There was a reason, a very understandable reason from a business perspective;

To help optimize region specific sales, since each version was exactly the same with both English and Japanese vocals and story dialogue, if you imported, you'd have literally no reason to buy it once it came out in your area. Also makes sense when you figure that Atlus parent company was in a financial pinch.

With no (alleged) stateside release, no worry to optimize region sales numbers.

I don't think this is even the case though, just a silver lining if it was.

Oh man, I'm already in love with Junpei. He was sweet in P3 and looks even cooler now. I may have to trade in my Liz for him once this dropz.

Oh man, new Guilty Gear, new Persona 4 Arena... argh, its too awesome.

Aww man :( Mass Destruction was like, my favourite theme in P3!

Speaking of themes, for the love of god please can they get some real fight tracks in this version?!

And on a side note, Yukari looks fuggin' awesome, I can't lie I couldn't care less for her in P3, but she's doing it for me with this new look. Too much hype in my blood right now.

Hopefully we can see some footage of the shadow versions of characters. I'm curious to see Yukari in-game as well, being one of my favorite p3 characters.

We just might not be seeing a US release simply because it's not feasible from a resource standpoint. I imagine the developers that handle the console ports are currently dealing with CP.

We just might not be seeing a US release simply because it's not feasible from a resource standpoint. I imagine the developers that handle the console ports are currently dealing with CP.

Maybe not, considering we have no clue when it'll even see a JP Console release. CP could feasibly be done and out the door by the time they start porting to consoles.

Hopefully we can see some footage of the shadow versions of characters.

That'd be nice. I am however surprised that Yu gets a shadow though. Wasn't the whole point of him not having to deal with one to emphasize how he's got nothing to hide? Then again all of the shadows could be explained as "malevolent entity took them over" and done.

Maybe not, considering we have no clue when it'll even see a JP Console release. CP could feasibly be done and out the door by the time they start porting to consoles.

This. You guys are worrying yourselves rotten on the first loketest. Nothing is concrete right now so you really shouldn't be concerned about things until much, much later.

Would make sense. They have about 2 months left before the promised ship date, so it's near the point where they start making the discs and get ready for shipping. Any changes from the recent (or near future) loketests with Terumi and Kagura that don't make it into the data before shipping they can just patch. A couple of months for vacation and then they can start working on it.

Well, that's my take on it.

Well, I just saw Aki's new auto combo. He's all DBZ and shit by flying all over the room. That is the definition of hype