Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Site updated the info. Can guess they're in the process of translating the article

"Marie will be a playable character in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, this week’s Famitsu reveals. She will arrive as paid post-release downloadable content.

The “Hollow Forest Tsundere Poet,” who first appeared in Persona 4 Golden‘s Velvet Room, will use the Persona Kaguya in battle.

Marie will make full use of the contents of her bag, as well as her Persona, and excels at ranged attacks and diversion techniques."

So the "more to come" guy was right and Atlus just tried to cover up, eh? Clever girls.

PS. #HopeForReaper

"Contents of her bag"? If she plays like Teddie and has a Mary Poppins-like bag that'd be... interesting.

Also I hope at least one of those distraction techniques involves poetry.

"Contents of her bag"? If she plays like Teddie and has a Mary Poppins-like bag that'd be... interesting.

Also I hope at least one of those distraction techniques involves poetry.

Her IK is her reading one of her teen angst poems, her opponent dies from the awful writing.

Marie, eh? Not bad, not bad at all. I'm quite happy with this. Now I have something to troll the Golden haters over!

I most likely won't play her because I'm more than happy with Adachi, but still nice to have her.

''Hollow Forest Tsundere Poet''

Wondering what Atlus USA will go with. Seeing how we now have a pre-order bonus and a post-release DLC, I'm almost enticipating a story mode character to be added at this point.
Last year, this game felt like it was gonna be a CS like sequel, but now it's gone straight to a CP level kind of sequel! October is going to be awesome!

They will probably drop the tsundere part for localization reasons. Also yo more characters! :D Marie seemed like a character with a good chance to be revealed since the golden anime which prominently features her just got released not even two weeks ago.

Kaguya was one of my favorite designs in P4G, so to see it in action should be great!. I imagine a combo of Yukiko and Teddie, maybe with a bamboo comb as a weapon. Totally unexpected this morning!

They will probably drop the tsundere part for localization reasons. 

Or switch it to "Bipolar", because that's exactly how you translate Tsundere into English. At least that's what the localizers believe.

Or switch it to "Bipolar", because that's exactly how you translate Tsundere into English. At least that's what the localizers believe.

Would that not be a little...controversial? You know how the moral guardians of the west feel about making any allusions to unsavory aspects of a character.

Huh Marie eh? Well I imagine the whole P4AU playerbase is spewing salt with every breath, screaming at the Heavens. Or maybe they're like me who's excited to have another edition since I never got to play Golden and have no working knowledge of Marie's character...

Lucky you. I'm over here despairing it couldn't be literally ANYONE else.

Would that not be a little...controversial? You know how the moral guardians of the west feel about making any allusions to unsavory aspects of a character.

You know what else is controversial? Homosexuality. And yet Kanji didn't stop anyone from localizing the original game.

Please excuse me while I drown in my own salt, since now my 2 least favorite persona characters are both playable.

Only person saltier than me is gonna be a friend of mine who thinks P4G is the devil's work.

I wouldn't be too worried. Mainline SMT explicitly has the player summon (or become) a demon or fifty, but there's practically no controversy surrounding it. Persona should be relatively safe.

Lucky you. I'm over here despairing it couldn't be literally ANYONE else.

Any other character with the potential to be playable is either non-canon, dead, forgotten or Fuuka. When you think about it adding Marie makes sense.

Any other character with the potential to be playable is either non-canon, dead, forgotten or Fuuka. When you think about it adding Marie makes sense.

... I want Aika from the anime to be playable. She was made canon by Atlus anyways (mentioned numerous times in Golden, once in P4U1) so why not?

(I am joking.)

None of those describe The Reaper in my eyes.

Okay, okay, lets not go into long discussion about "this character should have been in this game instead of this character." The best we can hope is that we will get an even roster.

And just like that. We're up to 21 characters. I'm just absolutely amazed at how Ultimax keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to have this game at home already. Looking forward to seeing the scans of Marie's gameplay.

Also, I need to start hunting down somewhere to order that P4AU PS3/PS4 stick.

Non-Canon: Female P3 MC, Trinity Soul Characters (?)

Dead: Shinjiro, Strega, Male P3 MC, bunch of people from P1/P2

Forgotten: Tamaki, P1/P2 characters

Fuuka: Fuuka

Am I getting that about right? Honestly, I was hoping for the pipe dream of a P1/P2 character showing up as a member of the shadow operatives. Given the P3/P4 focus though, Marie does make a fair bit of sense. I'd take her over P3 protag getting resurrected anyways.

None of those sound like Margaret or Theodore to me.

None of those sound like Margaret or Theodore to me.

Sad thing is, they'd probably both be fairly similar to Elizabeth. And that just doesn't work for me.