Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Maybe Chie just has problems breaking the ice

How? God Hand already does so much damage and the 75 meter version uses two? Chie+having trouble breaking thing = :psyduck:.

Notes for Naoto from StunEdge notes (translated by Zeromus_X and ludwig van):

+Double Fangs now useable in the air.

+New move: Venom Zapper (Venom Blade), inflicts Poison. Can combo after 5C.

-Sweep > 5D gatling removed.

-Reloading bullets has more recovery

-Traps have more recovery

-SMP Loop removed. No longer possible to loop B Double Fangs.

+During Critical Shot, inputting additional shots auto-corrects Naoto's direction?

+Stunedge says DP doesn't need to be triggered for the explosion or shot anymore~

Some cool toys, like the poison move and air Double Fang is nice, but with reloading and traps being slower to recover. It makes me wonder what exactly they want to do with Naoto. I guess they want to sort of make her more of a 'Jack of all Trades Plus Traps' type of character, which I guess is fine. Just makes me wonder if this'll make her better or worse overall.

Edit: Depending on how the Venom Zapper move works. It could just be a factor of comboing into that and then setting up a defense while the poison whittles away the opponent's life, so I can understand why gun and traps were nerfed in that regard, but it makes me wonder what else Naoto will be able to do. Hell, does Air B Double Fang ground bounce? Might it be possible to do a air combo into Air B Double Fang, 5C xx Venom Zapper? .....Is Naoto the new Bang?

Also RIP SMP Loops.

Edited by Gemakai

Moar like Bufu kicks really.

Her kicks are perfect enough, so her fists needs more work.

Now that I think about it, Chie and Teddie (I think) are the only characters who don't have elemental skills even though they learn Bufu spells (Note, Agis and Naoto don't learn the usual elemental spells, so that's why they don't have elemental skills. Elizabeth sort of does her own stuff as Thanatos deosn't learn that large variety of moves).

Edited by TPPR10

snip

Also RIP SMP Loops.

for the record, poison might be SUPER BROKEN. liz's is unscaling poison that isn't reduced by awakening, which adds 1250 damage to a lot of her combos. naoto could be the same way-and we dunno about SB mudoon affecting combos yet.

Any chance we can get dedicated threads for Junpei and Yukari? It'd be nice to have all the up to date information in one place, instead of having to search through dozens of posts here.

for the record, poison might be SUPER BROKEN. liz's is unscaling poison that isn't reduced by awakening, which adds 1250 damage to a lot of her combos. naoto could be the same way-and we dunno about SB mudoon affecting combos yet.

This is true, which is why I hold out hope for the character.

But as far as SMP loops go, I just don't think they'll just ignore them, and they haven't. Whether or not we'll find loop holes around it is hard to say.

@Site Mods: Will Shadow charas file under regular forums, or be given their own? They look significantly different, but they're treated as the same chara at character select, so I'm curious.

@Site Mods: Will Shadow charas file under regular forums, or be given their own? They look significantly different, but they're treated as the same chara at character select, so I'm curious.

In SF2ST, Older versions of characters are referred to differently, and in KOF13, EX versions of Kyo, Takuma, and Iori are different... though in that case, they are legitimately different characters with different moves and everything.

Then again, there's Shadow Labrys.

I'm curious as well, but I'd say we need to wait and find out. Considering that fundamental aspects of the characters, like bnbs, might not be the same between both versions, it would make sense. Then again, if the differences are miniscule, then it might not matter.

Elizabeth sort of does her own stuff as Thanatos deosn't learn that large variety of moves).

Dude, it is totally possible to give Thanny a very large variety of skills through proper Fusion and Skill Cards (P3P). It just takes a ton of patience on the player's part. Lizzie however is not bound by your non-Elevator Attendant conceptions and even breaks the 8 skill limit for her version of Thanny.

Anyone else here really think Kanji needs a big buff?

I do. *Subs Kanji* He needs something that can beat projectiles other than lightning bolts

Yes, I'm just not sure exactly what would do the trick without being problematic.

the ability to pull someone in while they are paralyzed (like tagers magnets.)

SLab may not have a shadow version but if regular labrys does then there will be two shadow labryses. "Shadow Labrys" and "Shadow" Labrys...

So all the gang's here except for dead/sealed chars and Ken huh. (It would have been interesting to seen a grown up Ken with like Koromaru assist or something.) Or maybe we can somehow have a Arisato and Shinjiro come out as fake-shadow versions or something. And man, they nerfed Narukmi alot. (But why did Chie got buffed on her meteors?)

SLab may not have a shadow version but if regular labrys does then there will be two shadow labryses. "Shadow Labrys" and "Shadow" Labrys...

Shoulda just given Labrys Orgia mode instead of a Shadow mode :kitty:

Know who else needs a buff? Mitsuru. I mean yeah, she's top tier and all in P4A but she's not UNBEATABLE. Until I see her match-up chart be nothing but 10:0 odds in her favor, even when it is a mirror match, she'll be forever doomed to mere "Best Character in Game".

The above statement was a joke. Kindly put your pitchforks and lynch mobs away

One is "Shabrys," and the other, "Slabrys." Problem clearly solved.

You have a point. I just think it'll be funny for commentators.

Also I feel a certain kind of way with there being a Shadow Aigis and no Metis but I have to remember its from a completely gameplay standpoint. Someone else pointed out to me how Shadow Yu doesn't even make any sense...

Someone else pointed out to me how Shadow Yu doesn't even make any sense...

Technically ANY of them having Shadow versions at this point makes no sense. Give it some time till we actually have legit info on how the story will play out.

Someone else pointed out to me how Shadow Yu doesn't even make any sense...

Just think of it as someone masquerading as his shadow and is therefore playable. Technically speaking, Aigis shouldn't have a Shadow either since she buried her demons at the end of the Answer but there you have it.

Technically ANY of them having Shadow versions at this point makes no sense. Give it some time till we actually have legit info on how the story will play out.

Not necessarily. Yosuke's shadow mentions that despite gaining his persona, Yosuke still has problems and doubts he is unwilling to admit. And whenever he slips up, his shadow can come out.

Edited by Luminos564