Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Anyone notice the character select screen at the 1:51 mark? Adachi is underneath Yu like the screenshot we had earlier, while Marie takes the Random Select slot above Rise (she appears with a little red lock over her image). It is possible that Margaret will take the one on the left side once she is released.

The lobbies are really nice, more than I could have hoped for. I'm also really curious if the character select screen is pointing to another add or just a new layout. Only time will tell lol.

It might be an odd thing to be troubled by, but I really can't envision the final character select screen having no on-screen "Random" icon with the option being relegated to a button, which is what the select screen in that trailer would lean one to think if Margaret were to replace the one on the upper-left corner.

It's possible that the screen could be moved over enough to allow two new slots as opposed to backing up to allow four, but it's hard to say right now. I hope we get a Margaret trailer soon, although this lobby one was awesome.

Is it possible that the select screen they showed is not the final one? cause if it was, then the Margaret, Marie and Adachi slots will probably have the random slot if no DLC is bought, then again one could argue that it is absolutely the final version, because the japanese release is so close and since the lobby trailer is supposedly showing in-game content, but I find it weird that Margaret's slot might be all the way to the top left, since she's a Velvet Room attendant and not human like Liz, it would've been cool if she was in the middle.

and I never realized how close the japanese release is, can't wait to see character combos and videos!

Is it possible that the select screen they showed is not the final one? cause if it was, then the Margaret, Marie and Adachi slots will probably have the random slot if no DLC is bought

The red lock on Marie's icon implies that she would be on the character select screen whether or not someone obtained the DLC.

If Marie has a red lock, then shouldn't adachi have one too? since he's also DLC

That's true, though it's potentially because he was unlocked in the build they were showing off (since he'll be ready for release while Marie won't be). Either way, yeah, it isn't final.

JP PSN Store page
http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/jp0005npjb00599_00p4u2000000000000.html

6980 yen w/ Tax

heard it up for pre-order and has wooping 13GB of filesize

someone need to check the JP Store on ps3 to verify the filesize

EDIT: 
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/ja-jp/cid=JP0005-NPJB00599_00-P4U2PREORDER0000?EMCID=jGMpsstoretwitter_20140813_02

yep 13GB :v:

also based on my limited moonspeak understanding 
pre-puchase is only allowed on Aug 13-Aug 24? and it will auto-download by noon of 24?...I think

pre-puchase is only allowed on Aug 13-Aug 24? and it will auto-download by noon of 24?...I think

That's correct, but the automatic download starts on 26th.

That's a huge size... I wonder how did they solve it with the Xbox version...

"Pre-order bonus for the download version is original custom theme, avatar set (Adachi, Marie, Margaret, Fuuka, Teddie B and Nanako) and the 1st episode of the anime Persona 4 The Golden."

"Adachi, Marie and Margaret will be released as paid DLC on a later date."

I guess that's it... No Day 1 Adachi to those who buy download version.

Dumb question, but just to be sure: This does not mean one can play the game on the 24th, correct?

Edit: Looking into it, it seems that it'll be a standard pre-load situation. Wonder if people will be able to look into the game data files.

Edit 2: Also, the pre-order period is from August 13 to August 24, and the game will download automatically on August 26.

I'd like confirmation from Atlus that Adachi and Marie won't be with the digital version...a part of that just screams BS to me (Terumi was with digital for BB after all, different publisher of course, but still).

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe Marie was ever confirmed to be free for the Japanese version. Only for the NA version and only for the first week. Also, because Adachi and Marie are free on PSN for the first week for NA, it shouldn't matter whether you get physical or digital for those wondering. Might be SOL if you're getting the Japanese version though...Go Team North America?

Yea, think I might just wait for NA release for this one. I'd rather get Adachi (who I don't care for) and Marie free and the game at a cheaper $60 price. Have under night to hold me off until then anyway

13 gbs is huge too. Well, compared to CP and under night anyway. Which were 8.3ish and 2 gbs respectively

No news regarding region lock for the JP version right? I wonder if they'll release the game without saying anything about it and let we find out. lol

No news regarding region lock for the JP version right? I wonder if they'll release the game without saying anything about it and let we find out. lol

Like I thought before, I really wouldn't have expected any direct news concerning the Japanese release's region locked/free status. I think we'll have to rely on the word of third parties or wait until the game comes out to find out for sure. CD Japan claims that the game is region free, and Play-Asia is very adamant that the Japanese release of P4AU will be region free.

Whoa, kinda surprised the game's size is bigger than the first one, considering how much content will be in it. Other than that, yeah, its a mixed bag either to import or not, considering certain options and bonuses you get for either getting the JP and/or EN release, and yes, hopefully there would be some kind of confirmation if the JP PS3 release would be Region Free, but we'll see in due time.

Anyways, heads up, the 360's US version of P4AU's product page is now listed on xbox's site. Just a couple of screens and stuff, but its a start, and maybe towards release (or close to), how big (and maybe compressed) the 360's disc size for the game (and possibly its digital "On Demand" version too.) http://bit.ly/1Ael8DL