Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Does anyone know if the japanese version of the game is going to be region locked or not?

Though we've already been though this question a couple times already, no one really knows yet, just gotta wait until next week anyways for that.

Also, kinda random, though might be worth noticing, almost complete (English) CSS, and it seems the words "Boss" right next to Marie with a button press to toggle which seems that possibly confirms S.A. character versions playable? http://bit.ly/1tnb5KA (Since it was mentioned a couple posts back on this.)

Does anyone know if the japanese version of the game is going to be region locked or not?

I was wondering, does anyone know if the japanese demo version (which is only available for PS Plus subscribers) works on non-japanese systems? If the demo isn't region locked, the game might not be either...

I believe PS Plus is tied to the original account. So if you have US Plus you can't get JP Plus games - you would need a seperate subscription, which would be just nutty

I was wondering, does anyone know if the japanese demo version (which is only available for PS Plus subscribers) works on non-japanese systems? If the demo isn't region locked, the game might not be either...

How do you unlock it?

I have a JP PSN+ account but i can't DL any demo on the JP store. I only have the option to preorder it and download a PV

Sadly, it isn't a demo. It'a 20 minute trial that is available between 28th August and 3rd September. We still have to wait till next Thursday. I'm going to pre-order the JP version either way.

You poor martyrs.

Personally I'm waiting for someone to confirm the region lock, then if it's feasible, I'll DL the jp version.

You poor martyrs.

Personally I'm waiting for someone to confirm the region lock, then if it's feasible, I'll DL the jp version.

I've got the digital PSN JP version pre-ordered (PSN cash was deducted two days ago) and the physical Premium Newcomer Package ordered, too.

#YOLO

I was told Yu Namba mentioned on the Levelup or recent Atlus stream that JP is region free. Wanna see if someone else may have heard him say this

I was told Yu Namba mentioned on the Levelup or recent Atlus stream that JP is region free. Wanna see if someone else may have heard him say this

Nope, they said that (with Delta iirc) about the US version.

If they're telling the truth, Atlus USA themeselves doesn't know if the game is region locked or not.

Speaking of DLC and such, I wonder if your P4A DLC (or even your save too if possible, for past game save bonus) will cross/carry-over to Ultimax kinda like how BB:CS -> CS:Ext. was, I mean, it would be nice if that happens, but we'll see if that would work once its out next week.

why would you have to buy it twice? just for the translations and all that?

Yep. I have the physical US version preordered (I like to have the game box, and the preorder bonuses were nice!). Providing that JP version isn't region locked, I'll download it day 1, since I'll be able to play it 4-5 weeks before I'll get the US version. The wait would probably kill me otherwise, too hype for this game!

That can they do to  make shadows more viable ? Any ideas ? Anything at all !?

If they remove the Damage Penalty, S.Chie and S.Mitsuru can be our S-tier gods.

They seem fine the way they are now. It just really depends on if your character can make use of Shadow Berserk off a common starter to go into insane damage, has a decent dp to at least back up the lost of burst, and can make do with the slight damage lose

I remember in some tier list I read the only S.Characters with a specific placement were Yu, Chie, and Mitsuru. And "All Other Shadows" was in like C tier. But I think when console drops a lot more things with be discovered on certain Shadows characters

Pretty sure S.Naoto should be B at the very worst. She is really no joke.

I've seen S.Yosuke played a few times as well, but all other Shadows aside from the three mentioned are pretty rare.

S.Yosuke is really underrated. Like, reaaaaaaly underrated.

S.Yosuke doesn't really need to spend meter until 100 (even if he does have to, he can Sukukaja at any time, so long as he has 50 meter), so he can save until a combo where he can use Shadow Rampage and deal great damage. And when just before Shadow Rampage ends, he can use the D version of Sukukaja saftely if you ended the combo with Shooting Star (which is the ender for most of his Shadow combos). 

Plus, he actually has slightly more health than normal Yosuke (based on this calculation: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6641-p4au-news-gameplay-discussion/page-83#entry798574) so that's a plus. The only thing what makes him less powerful than his normal version is that, he doesn't have a burst  and deals less damage.

Basically, it's a pick your poison character. I would say S.Yosuke should be at least A+ or A. Any lower than that, and I will deny it.