Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2014/aug/30/who-top-tier-persona-4-arena-ultimax-character-tiers-souji-english/

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/aug/30/who-top-tier-persona-4-arena-ultimax-character-tiers-according-souji-arc-revolution-cup-2014-finalist/

"According to Arcadia magazine, Souji's number one recommendation, when it comes to tier whoring, is the S tier character Yosuke whose offensive options while air dashing are second to none. 

Other highly-recommended characters include Akihiko in the A+ tier, who is said to possess an explosive damage potential.

Shadow Chie, who's in A tier, is also noteworthy due to her Berserk mode combo, which cannot be Burst out of midway."

Maybe u guys can stop trolling and actually help out the community.

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2014/aug/30/who-top-tier-persona-4-arena-ultimax-character-tiers-souji-english/

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/aug/30/who-top-tier-persona-4-arena-ultimax-character-tiers-according-souji-arc-revolution-cup-2014-finalist/

"According to Arcadia magazine, Souji's number one recommendation, when it comes to tier whoring, is the S tier character Yosuke whose offensive options while air dashing are second to none. 

Other highly-recommended characters include Akihiko in the A+ tier, who is said to possess an explosive damage potential.

Shadow Chie, who's in A tier, is also noteworthy due to her Berserk mode combo, which cannot be Burst out of midway."

Here's the tierlist in question if you were curious.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwZTWwJIUAEvm0i.jpg:large

(Also that description of why Yosuke is top tier isn't all that complete :v:)

Has anybody created a list of all the DLC that this game has?

Working on it, give me about a 1/2 hour or so, it'll be easier to do it from the HK store since it already has english text for DLC descriptions, but will put both HKD and JPY (and to US soon) prices together soon enough.

For one who seems to care about "helping out the community" so much you sure are quick to run to Eventhubs, the site known for copypasting, sensationalist articles and plain old shitty reporting.

So is it confirmed that you can't unlock Adachi navigator in game?  I'd rather not shell out for it if I can avoid it.

So is it confirmed that you can't unlock Adachi navigator in game?  I'd rather not shell out for it if I can avoid it.

Well, the description on the HK PSN for the Adachi navigator doesn't say its unlockable in game, so yeah, its pretty much DLC. >_>

---

Anyways, as what WintersWhite wants to know about the current DLC list, here it is, prices vary by region.

Current list of P4AU DLC!

Note: (U) - Can also be unlocked in-game. (T) - DLC Transferable from P4A to P4AU.

DLC Characters:

Tohru Adachi - JP/HK/US PS3/US 360

Marie - JP/HK/US PS3/US 360

Margaret - JP/HK/US PS3/US 360

-$5/800Y/56HKD each

Lobby Avatars (PS3 Only):

Adachi - Free - JP/HK

Marie - Free - JP/HK

Margaret - Free - JP/HK

Aigis - Free - US PS3

Rei/Zen (P-Q). - Free - JP/HK

Set 1 Characters - Nanako, Teddie, Naoto - JP/HK

Set 2 Characters - Dojima, Theodore, Fuuka - JP/HK

Set 3 Characters - Mitsuru, Akihiko, Shinjiro - JP/HK

Set 4 Characters - Yukari, Junpei, P3 Hero - JP/HK

Set 5 Characters - Ken, Koromaru, Fuuka - JP/HK

$1/500Y/35HKD each pack

BGM Packs:

Extra BGM 1: Persona Invocation - Free JP/HK

Extra BGM 2: Persona - Free JP/HK

Extra BGM 3: Someone Else's Man - Free JP/HK

Extra BGM 4: Reach out to the Truth (Inst.) - Free JP/HK

P3 BGM

P3F BGM

P3P BGM

P4 BGM 1

P4 BGM 2

P4 BGM 3

P4A Arrange BGM

P4A Arrange BGM 2

- $2/200Y/14HKD each

---

P3 Movie BGM 1

P3 Movie BGM 2

P4TA BGM 1

P4TA BGM 2

P4GA BGM1

Persona Q BGM

- $3/300Y/21HKD each

Colors (T):

Pack 1 (Yu, Yukiko, Teddie)

Pack 2 (Chie, Naoto, Akihiko)

Pack 3 (Yosuke, Aigis, Labrys)

Pack 4 (Kanji, Mitsuru, Elizabeth, S. Labrys)

Pack 5 (Yukari, Ken, Sho)

Pack 6 (Junpei, Rise, Minazuki)

- $2?/200Y/14HKD each pack

All Pack - $6/1000Y/70HKD - JP/HK

Glasses (T):

Pack 1 (Yu, Yukiko, Teddie)

Pack 2 (Chie, Naoto, Akihiko)

Pack 3 (Yosuke, Aigis, Labrys)

Pack 4 (Kanji, Mitsuru, Elizabeth, S. Labrys)

Pack 5 (Yukari, Ken, Sho)

Pack 6 (Junpei, Rise, Minazuki)

- $2?/200Y/14HKD each pack

All Pack - $6/1000Y/70HKD - JP/HK

Navigation (U/T):

Set 1/A Characters - Teddie, Yosuke, Aigis, Mitsuru, Fuuka, Nanako ($3?/300Y/21HKD each or $12/1200Y/85HKD for All Pack.) - JP/HK

Set 2/B Characters - Yu, Labrys, Kanji, Naoto, Chie, Yukiko, Liz, Ken, Yukari, Junpei, Aki, Adachi ($3/400Y/28HKD each or $25/3000Y/211HKD for All Pack.) - JP/HK

Others:

Persona 4 Arena Story - $10/1500Y/106HKD - JP/HK

---

Boss Mode (U)

Round Calls (U)

All Icons (U)

All Titles (U)

- $3/300Y/21HKD each

Well, the description on the HK PSN for the Adachi navigator doesn't say its unlockable in game, so yeah, its pretty much DLC. >_>

The problem is: Adachi and Marie will be free in the first week only for the phisycal version or also for the digital?

Edited by heavymetalmixer

The problem is: Adachi and Marie will be free in the first week only for the phisycal version or also for the digital?

They are not pre-order DLC or anything like that, it'll be available as regular (purchasable) DLC on both the US PS3 and the 360 Web/Console Stores, and yes, they are only available for free 1 week only after release date, after that, they'll be probably $8 once Margaret comes out the week after that.

Don't worry, like I said, I'll link them when available. (Also heavymetalmixer, you can edit off the quoted post, since I'm gonna update it anyways. :kitty:)

They are not pre-order DLC or anything like that, it'll be available as regular (purchasable) DLC on both the US PS3 and the 360 Web/Console Stores, and yes, they are only available for free 1 week only after release date, after that, they'll be probably $8 once Margaret comes out the week after that.

Don't worry, like I said, I'll link them when available. (Also heavymetalmixer, you can edit off the quoted post, since I'm gonna update it anyways. :kitty:)

Do we know if the DLCs from another store work in this game?

I bought the JP version and i'd like to get the HK DLCs (they are cheaper after all)

Do we know if the DLCs from another store work in this game?

I bought the JP version and i'd like to get the HK DLCs (they are cheaper after all)

Well, I'm not sure about that, I'm not taking risks or anything, but as I know, the HK PSN store lists the digital game and its DLC's with the tagline (Japanese Ver.), so I guess it might work, best to check to see if it does work by getting the free DLC, either the P4 bonus track, or the Adachi Lobby character. And possibly report back to see if it does work. or not.

Just got my copy so I'd like to ask a question:

What are the 2 pop-up screens that the game forces on you when you start it?

Just got my copy so I'd like to ask a question:

What are the 2 pop-up screens that the game forces on you when you start it?

One is asking you to create game a save file for the game. (IIRC there should be numbers in these pop up boxes telling you how many megabytes it takes)

The second one is asking if you want to create a save file for your replays.

Note: I don't actually read Japanese, so I could be wrong here. But these two pop up screens have appeared in every ASW game I've played, so I assume that's what they are here.

Well, I'm not sure about that, I'm not taking risks or anything, but as I know, the HK PSN store lists the digital game and its DLC's with the tagline (Japanese Ver.), so I guess it might work, best to check to see if it does work by getting the free DLC, either the P4 bonus track, or the Adachi Lobby character. And possibly report back to see if it does work. or not.

Good idea i'll try it :)

Ok I've downloaded Adachi avatar + "Persona hatsudou" BGM in the store HK and both unlocked in the game (also available on my EU account)

edit : I bought Adachi and it unlocked just fine.

Ok I've downloaded Adachi avatar + "Persona hatsudou" BGM in the store HK and both unlocked in the game (also available on my EU account)

edit : I bought Adachi and it unlocked just fine.

Cool, it does work! But only for the JP/HK side only (US/NA version would be completely different). :kitty:

Got to play a bit of P4AU tonight. I really enjoyed this sequel, as it's literally an improvement of the original in every way. Really like what I saw in terms of changes to Akihiko, Chie, and Teddie. I also got to try out my three new characters, Junpei, Ken/Koro, and Rise. Junpei is definitely a bit tricky to use, as getting in with him is hard and getting the runs proves a difficult task. Ken and Koromaru are really Relius like, but I definitely need to learn combos. Didn't play a whole lot of Rise, but she's definitely an interesting character that I hope to explore more with. Also, Sho MINAZUKI has the best Instant Kill in the game, but I still won't be picking him up.

For one who seems to care about "helping out the community" so much you sure are quick to run to Eventhubs, the site known for copypasting, sensationalist articles and plain old shitty reporting.

First of all, if u looked 1 page back, you would see I ASKED HERE FOR A TIER LIST FIRST,smart ass! Only to be fucking trolled, so stfu! Second, SO WHAT if my Google search results lead me to  Event hub. It's Not a Tier list MADE from Evenhubs, Its a Tier list FROM fucking Arcadia magazine! SO instead of Trolling back, i POSTED a legitimate resource to a tier list for this game! 

Anything else, Pm me!

NeoStrayCat, Thank you for helping out.

Elochai, Thank you for helping out too.

As wrong as he may have been, there's no need to get so heated.

Yo does anyone know what the card next to your name mean for netplay?

If it works like BlazBlue, I think the warmer the color is, the more "dangerous" the player is supposed to be.

If it works like BlazBlue, I think the warmer the color is, the more "dangerous" the player is supposed to be.

Correct. It's an idea that started in BBCP and has carried over ever since. For those of you who don't know, the color is there to symbolize the true spirit and skill of the player, regardless of the rank and statistics that appears in their profile...err, that, or how much they can tolerate netplay. >_>

Colors come as follows in P4U2

• Gray (Novice)
  • Green (Rookie)
  • Dark Green (Amateur)
  • Blue (Midway)
  • Yellow (Prominent)
  • Orange (Skilled)
  • Red (Godlike)

So if you want to scare people when you join into lobbies, start seeing red and go crazy

No the list goes

Grey

Dark Blue

Dark Green

Green (Possible to go from Grey to Green)

Yellow

Orange

Red

You usually go from Grey to Green if you win a decent amount but if you lose your Green to another Green you turn Dark Green. Technically the lowest is Dark Blue. Grey is pretty much "undetermined"