Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

All of Adachi's english voicework seems to have changed overnight without a patch. Not a single line or grunt is the same. Odd.

Is it the same VA? And it might just be Version A and Version B.

I went back to the game and started the exact same setup in training from earlier only for his old dialogue to appear. What causes the switch between versions? I figured certain characters just had different lines for certain matchups (a la Hazama vs Ragna in BB), but I had the exact same setup as before. I guess it randomly picks the voiceset on game startup? Kind of odd considering I started the game up a good 10+ times and got the same voiceset until today though.

ASW games usually have two or more different voice sets for each character. Not only is it refreshing each time to hear the characters say different lines, but it also helps prevent players from getting confused during mirror matches.

I think voice sets alternate with every visit to the character select screen. Not sure.

Yeah, voice sets kinda alternate in most Arc Sys games, GG, and Bat-Fan being the examples though. (Might say the same with BB too, but most of the time character specific.)

Up/Edit: Well, didn't notice Vulcan's post got it hands down. :v:

Does anyone else feel like they have cement legs when they're trying to move around in neutral? I... don't know why but I just find myself getting stuck and just moving really weirdly a lot of the time and it's a huge reason why I keep losing matches. I even went on the first arena to see if I was just having a bad day, but I was able to move around fine there and put up a good neutral in a few matches i played.

This happens when using pretty much everyone. Am I just like going insane here :o

No the list goes

Grey

Dark Blue

Dark Green

Green (Possible to go from Grey to Green)

Yellow

Orange

Red

You usually go from Grey to Green if you win a decent amount but if you lose your Green to another Green you turn Dark Green. Technically the lowest is Dark Blue. Grey is pretty much "undetermined"

So does anyone know how the color advancement is determined?

Number of matches * grades * types of victories/win-loss ratio... or something to that effect?

If this has been answered elsewhere, pleae point me in the right direction!

Does anyone else feel like they have cement legs when they're trying to move around in neutral? 

I play Yosuke, so I never feel that.

Does anyone else feel like they have cement legs when they're trying to move around in neutral? I... don't know why but I just find myself getting stuck and just moving really weirdly a lot of the time and it's a huge reason why I keep losing matches. I even went on the first arena to see if I was just having a bad day, but I was able to move around fine there and put up a good neutral in a few matches i played.

This happens when using pretty much everyone. Am I just like going insane here :o

The characters in this game run slower than in BB or GG (with the exception of Yosuke, Chie and Sho), so it's not just a coincidence.

The latter

This game is pretty smooth

You may play more tense in an actual match (limiting your mobility) or think too much about how you're moving if it's happening with /every/ character.

When you say moving around in the first arena are you talking about P4A vs P4AU? If so, movement in both games feel the same to me.

Don't forget that priority for mvoes hs been changed in this version.  If you're trying to mash something out too hard you might end up getting something else.

You may play more tense in an actual match (limiting your mobility) or think too much about how you're moving if it's happening with /every/ character.

When you say moving around in the first arena are you talking about P4A vs P4AU? If so, movement in both games feel the same to me.

P4A V P4au, I guess it's because I've played that game enough to know who can do what and such. I'll just chalk it up to me being extremely tense, especially against the new character matchups.

So I just started up my PS3 to play and it seems that the game got a new patch. Does anyone know if there is balance stuff in it? It's 313 MB

Could it just be Marie?

So I just started up my PS3 to play and it seems that the game got a new patch. Does anyone know if there is balance stuff in it? It's 313 MB

Could it just be Marie?

I have no idea what the update is about, but Marie is already on the disc, isn't she? If it's a dlc character it would make more sense if it's Margaret.

She does come out tomorrow.

Is it just me or did the patch break the game? I suddenly get a lot of game freezes with no option but to turn off my PS3 by holding down the power button.

Also having a lot of connection issues, but I guess that could just be PSN or something.

Also having a lot of connection issues, but I guess that could just be PSN or something.

Occasional DCs here and there

That's because Destiny launched today. PSN is overloaded right now.

/edit: by occasional DCs I mean every single P4 Ultimax room closes.

Might be fixed by now but it was a thing 5 hrs ago.

Fine for me. Dunno maybe you should check your playstation. Unless it has happened to other people by now?

Fine for me. Dunno maybe you should check your playstation. Unless it has happened to other people by now?

I haven't had any issues before this patch and I had two freezes within 15 minutes after installing it. I guess it's just a coincident then; I just hope it doesn't happen again.