Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Marie is already on the disc yes. Probably Margaret

People with hacked PS3s have confirmed Margaret is not on the disc, unfortunately.

hey when ur looking at frama data in the wiki what does D mean under the column that normals are cancelable by.

Version Damage Level Attribute Guard

Cancel

5B          300,150     3        Body        Any

C(J)SOD

^^ this right here, c= one more cancel, j is jump cancel but what do the parenthesis mean, s is super and o is one more burst correct? and what is d stand for

If in Parenthesis it means you can only cancel into that action on hit. Also, if you mouse over the "Cancel" tab, you can actually see what the annotations mean so if you don't know what it means try to mouse over the tab. 

I got the same experience earlier, disconnected abruptly and couldn't form/see a room for ~3 minutes each time.

Does anyone know about what comes with the Boss Character DLC?

Does anyone know the changes that it causes to the characters?

I'm assuming it's just a way to get the Boss characters without having to play Arcade mode.

From what I know, it's just applying all the SA changes. So you get the ridiculous Yukiko with three fans per toss, Fire Boost level 9 and regenerating Fire Break.

I believe Junpei starts with one base away from Victory Cry and gets a damage boost, and Yukari's arrows can bounce back from the edges of the screen. Not too sure about the others yet.

I'm assuming it's just a way to get the Boss characters without having to play Arcade mode.

From what I know, it's just applying all the SA changes. So you get the ridiculous Yukiko with three fans per toss, Fire Boost level 9 and regenerating Fire Break.

I believe Junpei starts with one base away from Victory Cry and gets a damage boost, and Yukari's arrows can bounce back from the edges of the screen. Not too sure about the others yet.

Thank you, and if anyone comes up with a full list of changes, where could I find it? Would I just check back here or is there a section for this? (sorry if there is a section for it and I didn't post in it ;-; )

So, you unlock Boss via arcade? My OCD will help! I like beating everyone's arcade mode once.

Yes, from what I've read, you have to be playing the "Risky" route with any character (on any actual difficulty from the options menu), beat it, and then you get said boss-type character. (Only useable in Versus and Network modes.)

Thank you, and if anyone comes up with a full list of changes, where could I find it? Would I just check back here or is there a section for this? (sorry if there is a section for it and I didn't post in it ;-; )

This is a start.

Ken: Koromaru has no hurtbox; damage is doubled; Mediarama heals for approximately ten times its normal variant (Mediarama A = 1000 HP, Mediarama B = 2000).

Shadow Labrys: Axe attacks do twice as much damage, bull is faster, ??? (boss characters can't be used in training and people die too quickly).

I'm fairly certain everyone has a damage multiplier in addition to character-specific buffs. Aigis has permanent Orgia and 999 ammo along with increased damage. Goddess Shield hit for over 4k instead of 2000 when I tested with a friend last night.

The returning characters have their P4A Score Attack buffs; it's the new characters that are a mystery. Score Attack Minazuki inflicts three ailments at once off one of his supers and one becomes an unblockable, if I remember correctly, but I can't confirm because I haven't unlocked him.

Clearing an Arcade route with every character, on any difficulty, is required for a trophy, but if you clear everyone's on Risky, you can nab the boss characters while you're at it. The Risky Acade courses are easy -- 5A mash is enough -- and mostly Shadow opponents. You can use continues. For speed, just set the number of rounds to one. If you think you can win the DPS race, set the round time to 30 seconds.

Well guys, Marie is here (also her free Lobby Avatar, with a pack with 2 other L-A sets costing 500Y), also, more colors from the P4AU cast (mini packs 5 and 5 though.) and more music BGM, more will be linked in the page of DLC prices and stuff here (well, not everything, just the necessary ones). http://bit.ly/1qiD1hU

I have the color pack thing from P4A, I heard that carries over. Doesn't help for these guys though?

If you mean characters new to P4AU, probably not. Just the cast only from the Vanilla P4A.

Well guys, Marie is here (also her free Lobby Avatar, with a pack with 2 other L-A sets costing 500Y), also, more colors from the P4AU cast (mini packs 5 and 5 though.) and more music BGM, more will be linked in the page of DLC prices and stuff here (well, not everything, just the necessary ones). http://bit.ly/1qiD1hU

Do we know what the new music packs contain?

Do we know what the new music packs contain?

The 2nd free BGM contains just the word "Persona". P3P pack contains: 「Soul Phrase -long ver.-」「Wiping All Out」「Sun」, and P4A Arrange 2 contains: 「Princess Amagi-ya -Traditional Taste mix-」「The Wandering Wolf -Straight mix-」「Missions For The Brilliant Executioner -2K mix-」

So how does the ranking system go? I've noticed that it shifts from numbers going down to them going up. I'm on 5 on the way up and I'd like to know what it means

So how does the ranking system go? I've noticed that it shifts from numbers going down to them going up. I'm on 5 on the way up and I'd like to know what it means

It's probably kyu (colored belts) which go down (1st kyu being one short of black belt) then dan going up.  Typical Japanese martial arts ranking system.

This is a start.

Ken: Koromaru has no hurtbox; damage is doubled; Mediarama heals for approximately ten times its normal variant (Mediarama A = 1000 HP, Mediarama B = 2000).

Shadow Labrys: Axe attacks do twice as much damage, bull is faster, ??? (boss characters can't be used in training and people die too quickly).

I'm fairly certain everyone has a damage multiplier in addition to character-specific buffs. Aigis has permanent Orgia and 999 ammo along with increased damage. Goddess Shield hit for over 4k instead of 2000 when I tested with a friend last night.

The returning characters have their P4A Score Attack buffs; it's the new characters that are a mystery. Score Attack Minazuki inflicts three ailments at once off one of his supers and one becomes an unblockable, if I remember correctly, but I can't confirm because I haven't unlocked him.

Clearing an Arcade route with every character, on any difficulty, is required for a trophy, but if you clear everyone's on Risky, you can nab the boss characters while you're at it. The Risky Acade courses are easy -- 5A mash is enough -- and mostly Shadow opponents. You can use continues. For speed, just set the number of rounds to one. If you think you can win the DPS race, set the round time to 30 seconds.

Yukari: Always shoots 3 arrows even uncharged, arrows bounce off walls.

Rise: Opponent is always scanned, has a gauge that gives SB Tetrakarn automatically.

Marie: More damage, weather effects multiplied