Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

I feel Yukari quite competent and with good potential, is just that her neutral is super weird (and hard). I think that you need a lot of matchup knowledge with her: when you're getting a FC, when you know that the opponent is going to be crouched, also there are a lot of things that doesn't work against the whole cast, when to zone, when to rush, etc. She's quite unstable and her combos are not that easy, you only have 1-2 hits to decide which route to use, she needs a strong neutral since she's not gonna do combos all day and needs good confirms from random hits. Her mixup is not that good, but she has some good frametraps and her zoning is great, also I find her damage good. Personally, she's really fun to use, not top tier, but I agree with her being mid-high or high tier, like some people think.

I feel Yukari quite competent and with good potential, is just that her neutral is super weird (and hard). I think that you need a lot of matchup knowledge with her: when you're getting a FC, when you know that the opponent is going to be crouched, also there are a lot of things that doesn't work against the whole cast, when to zone, when to rush, etc. She's quite unstable and her combos are not that easy, you only have 1-2 hits to decide which route to use, she needs a strong neutral since she's not gonna do combos all day and needs good confirms from random hits. Her mixup is not that good, but she has some good frametraps and her zoning is great, also I find her damage good. Personally, she's really fun to use, not top tier, but I agree with her being mid-high or high tier, like some people think.

She is definitely A+. It isn't like the player wins for free, though. She requires strong thought process, and is no braindead character, along with having weak normals in the traditional sense. She is still great though

I think Annel was referring to Yukiko when he said "he thinks she's weak."  Hence switching to her.  Either that or I can't read.

Yeah, I was saying Yukiko is weak.

Yes of course, just giving an opinion about Yukari since we started talking about her, she's a good pickup. I'm not experienced with Yukiko to say something about her xD

I'm seeing the new DLC up such as Margaret's lobby avatar and the new BGM, but can't see Margaret herself yet on the main page.

Edit: Ah, I see. I had to access the main store page.

Well, other than the usual character/lobby avatar release, the only stuff that was added was more lobby avatar sets with the P3 Cast, the P4GA and another Free BGM set to round off the DLC content this week.

Sooner or later the US/NA release is within grasp!

getting this out of the way now, any crazy hyperbole, misinformation, or whining involving Margaret will result in an infraction, no warnings~

Japanese players are tweeting about Margaret's 5A.

And then people who can't read Japanese make tumblr posts about said tweets?

The only tweets I've seen out of Japan about her 5A so far are about it not hitting crouchers and it losing gatling options after the card.

getting this out of the way now, any crazy hyperbole, misinformation, or whining involving Margaret will result in an infraction, no warnings~

Thank you.  Sick of seeing a character drop and then "HURRRR TOP TIER OP" on day god damn 1 like the last...I don't even know how many.  

The only tweets I've seen out of Japan about her 5A so far are about it not hitting crouchers and it losing gatling options after the card.

That sounds kind of weird lol.  

Thank you. Sick of seeing a character drop and then "HURRRR TOP TIER OP" on day god damn 1 like the last...I don't even know how many.

That sounds kind of weird lol.

Arcsys has a history of releasing brokenly good DLC characters. I think Platinum and Terumi to the extent that he actually counts as a DLC character are the only ones that haven't been broken at release.

If you look at just their track record, the odds are better than not that Margaret will be broken tier lol. And to be fair she does seem pretty good.

Arcsys has a history of releasing brokenly good DLC characters. I think Platinum and Terumi to the extent that he actually counts as a DLC character are the only ones that haven't been broken at release.

If you look at just their track record, the odds are better than not that Margaret will be broken tier lol. And to be fair she does seem pretty good.

Even so, we should wait until it turns out she's actually broken instead of crying foul.

At the very least, she's not as busted as Kokonoe, who was pretty obviously overpowered from day 1.

Margaret feels "weird" atm, probably because she is a new character. Her movement is really good and has some nice ranged attacks, but she is very akward as in, I'm not sure how you're supposed to play her yet

Yeah, I was saying Yukiko is weak.

Ugh, well at least I know now you feel that way. Your views on Marie change yet or is it still the same?

Ugh, well at least I know now you feel that way. Your views on Marie change yet or is it still the same?

Not really. Her neutral is a bit better than I expected in some MUs, but she's still fairly weak as far as P4U2 goes. Has all the same problems as before.

Note weak =/= bottom tier.

This is the kind of thinking that leads to the early ignorance I don't like dealing with -_-. I spent more time last night explaining how to beat Marge's AOA (hey it's pretty easy to do) and how her 5A works than actually exploring character interactions.

I'll be honest I think you guys over overthinking Margaret a bit, considering yeah she has 3 personas a tracking AoA and all that fun stuff,

But she has high risk if you throw your personae out all willy nilly. Leaving her broken at the end of it. Meaning she has to wait a long while to get them back, leaving her open to a full on assault if y have the meter.

By the way, Anell, not sure if you or others have found out, but does she have more or less health than Elizabeth?