Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Most likely, Naoto's is an indicator of how many rounds she has left before reloading needs to take place. Shadow Naoto's is probably a reference to how it manifested as a raygun-toting robot. The gauge is likely to function as an overheat mechanic, meaning Shadow Naoto has to stop using the guns to let them cool down before using them again.

Edited by Luminos564

If they start with 100SP, single match rounds will be hysterically in their favor if they have a good instant kill. Especially if they can use them in the shadow rage mode. Hehe.

Your also going to wanna watch out for Shadow Naoto's 236236B Super, because she can start out with that, and take 6 fate counters right at the start. And we all know what happens when that counter reaches zero!

Considering that aside from Elizabeth referecing him in P4A, he has only appeared in P3P and I think Theodore only really appears if you pick the female character... Yeah, Margaret.

Margaret, Theodore isn't all that canon because he's used when the female protagonist is chosen in P3, and she's not exactly canon to the main story line.

Margaret, Theodore isn't all that canon because he's used when the female protagonist is chosen in P3, and she's not exactly canon to the main story line.

Thinking about it..Margret and Ken are the most likely to be the final two charcters..that would round out the Roster nicely..

I still think there'll be more than two additional characters than Junpei and Yukari in the final release of the game, but if there would be only two my guess would be Makoto Yuki and someone who's not exactly from Persona 3 or Persona 4.

First Yukari footage I've seen:

Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA6L6xMGz54

Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opsUamQ8kU0

Note how Shadow Kanji doesn't start the first round with 100 meter. Shadow characters might not, in fact, start off the match with 100 SP.

Edited by FluxWaveZ

I still think there'll be more than two additional characters than Junpei and Yukari in the final release of the game, but if there would be only two my guess would be Makoto Yuki and someone who's not exactly from Persona 3 or Persona 4.

As much as i want to see P2 Charcters..i don't think it will happen. Makoto can't be used for story reasons same with Shinjiro..Ken is the most likely

As much as i want to see P2 Charcters..i don't think it will happen. Makoto can't be used for story reasons same with Shinjiro..Ken is the most likely

I don't mean a P1 or P2 character. I mean someone we might not have seen before.

And seeing how Makoto's been tied into the plot of Persona 4 and that it's very important to the end of Persona 4 Arena itself, combined with the fact that this is supposed to be the "Climax", that there are Shadow versions of each character which could give the writers a way of making him return without necessarily contradicting the story and that there's the upcoming Persona 3 anime movies, I fully expect him to be in it.

I don't mean a P1 or P2 character. I mean someone we might not have seen before.

And seeing how Makoto's been tied into the plot of Persona 4 and that it's very important to the end of Persona 4 Arena itself, combined with the fact that this is supposed to be the "Climax", that there are Shadow versions of each character which could give the writers a way of making him return without necessarily contradicting the story and that there's the upcoming Persona 3 anime movies, I fully expect him to be in it.

I would say it is probably round about 50/50 chance of Makoto being in..

I hope to god that Makoto isn't in the game in any way besides being a fucking door. I feel like it would trivialize the entirety of Persona 3.

I'm think both of the characters are gonna be from P4 somehow, considering the bottom part of the character select screen is all P3 and the top is all P4. Unfortunately, I haven't played Golden yet, but if I had to make a couple guesses it'd be Margaret and Marie.

Edited by The Fool Arcana

Huh, sounds like Shadow Kanji has his regular voice-overs for now. Makes sense for the first loketest.

EDIT: And he begins the match with 0 meter :v:

Edited by SoWL

I'm pretty sure he's canon. Elizabeth calls him Theo right?

Huh, sounds like Shadow Kanji has his regular voice-overs for now. Makes sense for the first loketest.
I don't think it would be pleasant. Even his face model looks legit.

"AHHHhhhhhh HARDER!" :ballKA:

I hope to god that Makoto isn't in the game in any way besides being a fucking door. I feel like it would trivialize the entirety of Persona 3.

I'm think both of the characters are gonna be from P4 somehow, considering the bottom part of the character select screen is all P3 and the top is all P4. Unfortunately, I haven't played Golden yet, but if I had to make a couple guesses it'd be Margaret and Marie.

I totally forgot about Marie. That would be awesome.

Considering the TV world is mimicking the Tartarus and we have what appears to be a Dark Hour version of Junes. One of the unrevealed characters definitely has to be from P3.

First Yukari footage I've seen:

Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA6L6xMGz54

Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opsUamQ8kU0

Note how Shadow Kanji doesn't start the first round with 100 meter. Shadow characters might not, in fact, start off the match with 100 SP.

Hmm, Yukari seems to do very little damage on her own. But makes up for it by controlling space very, very well. That Garu Orb reminds me of u-12's 236A. Also, Take-mikazuchi shoulder check is hype as...oh wait this was SHADOW Kanji. Alright, then that Take-mikazuchi shoulder check is FABULOUS as shit XD.

EDIT: Is it just me, or did Shadow Kanji simply not go into Awakening at all even when he hit very little health? If that's so, it seems that Shadows can only have a max of 100 SP and must rely on Shadow Fury to do all that meter damage but it is also possible they can use the Awakening skills right off the bat.

This argument gets tossed around like it has some kind of debilitating illness. You have a world where characters can shoot themselves with a magic air-gun to summon a supernatural representation of their inner psyche. A world, where robotic automata can develop human feelings and super-special people can jump inside a TV screen to punch other people's inner demons away. And this is not including the otherworldly 3rd powers like Elizabeth and Igor who can one-shot kill manifestations of all the world's collective subconscious by tossing it to the moon. And that's disregarding Philemon and Nyaralthotep. So if you have all of this, how is it a totally unacceptable stretch that Makoto/Minato/P3MC might be revived?

If anything, I'd argue that if this subject doesn't get addressed, then it trivializes Lizzie's actions in P4A.

Edited by Luminos564

The Reaper made his first appearance in P3, so there. And no. I will not stop bringing him up because I want him in that bad

@Lumison

I have one thing to say about the part with Elizabeth. "You are builting up to something which you would make an entire game base on, and you are going to just use it as an excuse to bring one character into the game without any built-up between the end of the first game and the beginning of the next game."

Edited by TPPR10

Metis could be cool as long as they make her different from Labyras..but thinking about it more..what if

Ryoji was a playable charcter and his Persona could be Death..just an idea

Edited by Malcopunch

Hey, what's that about shadow characters gameplay wise? I mean, are they like unlimited chars (broken as hell/not useful) or are they part of the core gameplay?