Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Aren't you given continues in score attack in Ultimax too like in Arcade? I think the fact you had to start SA all over again when you lose was what really prevented me from completing it, also the AI tends to fall for instant kills from my experience. 

Still, having to complete four courses? That still seems like a lot.

Yes, you can continue in S.A. which makes this leauges easier to keep on going, but will take a lot of skill getting all 4 courses done for 1 character on Risky.

Also, yes, its true, Shadow Types do not unlock their Navi's.

^ It's not extremely difficult if you can use the pause method well. Just really time consuming.

What's the pause method?

I'm assuming you just pause and see what they do, then do something to counter it (dp!).

Don't really need to, though, 'cause the AI is so stupid that you can win with just dash 5AAAAAAA. It took me around an hour and a half to beat a course with a 39C fever and I have maybe 5 hours of total game time with P4U and P4U2. I assume for someone who actually plays the game, it's free.

Here's a strategy for most characters when going into Score Attack:

• Take advantage of the AI--don't fight them as if you would a human opponent. By that I mean don't waste your meter pulling off extensive combos, but rather save it for the endings which will help you finish them off quicker
  • Find a combo that knocks them down. You want to be up close and personal when they hit the ground and make the first hit as soon as they tech. Using this method also helps if they have meter, as you can simply jump or roll past them should they activate their supers. For Kanji's Awakening grab and Liz's Awakening grab, you need to knock them down first, run, and jump the moment they get up so that the super will whiff.
  • Should you happen to win the second round, gold burst, then IK. Sometimes the AI might block it, but if you're careful enough it shouldn't happen.

The characters in which score attack mode is no challenge for them whatsoever in my opinion: Labrys, Naoto, Yukari, Adachi (note that you cannot earn his navi by beating all four courses with him)

The characters in which score attack mode is going to be a HUGE PROBLEM: Elizabeth, Aigis

And trust me, if I can beat SA and gain navis with Yu, Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, Naoto, Mitsuru, Akihiko, Labrys, Yukari, Junpei, Ken, and god forbid Liz, you guys can do it too.

(No Yosuke and Teddie navis from me because they're lame, though I am currently working on my Aigis navi and have no idea on how to unlock Nanako and Fuuka navis besides buying them)

Also you get unlimited continues, and that takes some serious pressure off to begin with, so relax!

Also, for those who got the JP version and was curious on what the JP pre-texts (aka Quick Message) always said I discovered the translated words and decided to write them down in case anyone wants to use them in the future.

Let's make this a good one!

Thanks for the game.

Good game!

That was fun!

Bye-bye!

I can't. I'm really sorry!

Let's play!

OK!

OK?

Thanks!

Sorry!

A serious duel to the death!

Let's take it easy and have some fun.

Don't use your main character.

Use the same character again, I want revenge!

Y-You're strong!!

AFK

BRB

Bathroom!

Sorry to keep you waiting.

Last match.

Can I friend you?

You should leave 'em be...

That's trendy.

Calm down.

I comprehend.

Every's days!

Great!

At your Junes!

C'est magnifique!

Tres bien!

Good one!

Only people have human rights.

You're gonna be my knight, right?

I am the shadow...The true self...

Feather Change!

Ta-dah da-daah!

Please check the room name.

Please pass.

Disbanding the room.

The characters in which score attack mode is going to be a HUGE PROBLEM: Elizabeth, Aigis

And trust me, if I can beat SA and gain navis with Yu, Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, Naoto, Mitsuru, Akihiko, Labrys, Yukari, Junpei, Ken, and god forbid Liz, you guys can do it too.

(No Yosuke and Teddie navis from me because they're lame, though I am currently working on my Aigis navi and have no idea on how to unlock Nanako and Fuuka navis besides buying them)

Also you get unlimited continues, and that takes some serious pressure off to begin with, so relax!

I actually found Elizabeth to be not that bad in this game. All you really have to do is rush her down. 

- Break her Persona when she uses command grab, which will be obvious when you pause correctly.

- When/if you break her Persona, rush her down (but still be careful because she can grab you if you aren't careful)

- You can bait her Randomizer and get a CH combo

- When she uses an IK assuming she isn't at the corner you can roll past that and make sure she doesn't heal

- You can bait Ghostly Wail 

It was probably easier for me because as Liz you can Hama combo her but yeah you just need to know her AI, and learn to use this pause method well.

For Rise so far, since I only have her at max (have not yet unlocked other Navi's), her bonuses are...

Recover HP/Remove Bad Status/SP increase/Burst increase/HP+ (Partner Skill is Regenerate 2 - Auto Recover HP)

(A little bonus note, although you have to level up other playable characters and their shadow types seperately, at least Social Link Navi's keep their levels if you even pick someone else.)

I actually found Elizabeth to be not that bad in this game. All you really have to do is rush her down. 

- Break her Persona when she uses command grab, which will be obvious when you pause correctly.

- When/if you break her Persona, rush her down (but still be careful because she can grab you if you aren't careful)

- You can bait her Randomizer and get a CH combo

- When she uses an IK assuming she isn't at the corner you can roll past that and make sure she doesn't heal

- You can bait Ghostly Wail 

It was probably easier for me because as Liz you can Hama combo her but yeah you just need to know her AI, and learn to use this pause method well.

He most probably meant that it's difficult to clear SA as Elizabeth, not against her :v:

He most probably meant that it's difficult to clear SA as Elizabeth, not against her :v:

Ohh, if that's the case, my bad. I did beat it w/Liz though - you can spam 5C -> 2C and go on defense when they get 50 meter for most chars. For characters like Yukiko, Yukari or Aigis you can deal some damage and then time out win using SB Dia which is projectile invul. Also Hama combos.

Yeah as long as you play with the mindset of fighting exploitable AI instead of humans you should be fine especially with the unlimited continues safety net. It sucks though to fight humans right away afterwards without going back to training mode to condition yourself back to normal.

huh

after the 1.01 patch i lost some of the colors i used to have

aigis' miku palette is gone

e: i guess that was the famitsu palette? i wonder why i even had that in the first place

huh

after the 1.01 patch i lost some of the colors i used to have

aigis' miku palette is gone

e: i guess that was the famitsu palette? i wonder why i even had that in the first place

I was wondering why I didn't have that color. It was one of the best ;_;

Yeah as long as you play with the mindset of fighting exploitable AI instead of humans you should be fine especially with the unlimited continues safety net. It sucks though to fight humans right away afterwards without going back to training mode to condition yourself back to normal.

Just finishing story mode, I can already feel my skills slipping.

Guess I had better just save single player for when the internet cuts out...

Your skills ain't gonna not slip with that attitude son.

Suck it up and reach out to the truth.

I spent all day today doing nothing but run up auto combos, but I doubt I'll be doing that online, myself.

I love how BOSS mode characters are easy to unlock.  It's just disappointing that they're so simple compared to BB Unlimited Characters.  You can even use them in training mode. 

Anyone have a comprehensive list of BOSS mode changes?

I love how BOSS mode characters are easy to unlock.  It's just disappointing that they're so simple compared to BB Unlimited Characters.  You can even use them in training mode. 

Anyone have a comprehensive list of BOSS mode changes?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9565-boss-mode-characters-bufflist/

Actually Narroo, a small oversight, but you can't use them in Training Mode, just Versus and Network Modes. (Player [PS3/360] and Lobby Match [PS3])

Wait what lol. You are forced to rematch? Lol

He/She meant offline versus, you're not forced, you can choose OK/Cancel. Though kinda lame to wait after it loads to VS screen for the rematch when it should just go to the fight immeadiately. Oh well.

Anyways, as of this post, I read over G-faqs stating the DLC for Adachi/Marie are reverted to paid on the PSN store, which should not be happening, since there's a couple more hours to go beforehand (though 360 still has them free as of this post, Adachi extended until this Wed. because of delay of his release.)

And lastly something I've also oversighted, lose and continue each time in Score Attack, adds 10Mins to timer, and my face was like this -> :psyduck:, well, I know good thing you continue in it, but in return (most likely for S.A. Nuts), you get a penalty for it instead, ugh. >_>

What do the color coded cards beside you online tag mean again?