Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

The burst could mean a lot of things. For all we know, it could mean the shadow characters don't need the 100 SP requirement anymore and the 'burst' meant it could do a shadow berserk. Before playing the game, I thought the burst logo would show up on a shadow character if it could do a shadow berserk. Or it could mean the shadow characters lose something else (like '1 more') while gaining the burst. We'll just have to wait and see. 

I'm thinking that "BURST" is meant to be a clearer visual indicator of when a Shadow can or can't initiate Shadow Frenzy. If it isn't that and it's something more significant, the dynamic of Shadows will be dramatically changed.

Did you notice Shadow Ken didn't have 100 SP in the image?

After how quickly BBCP2.0 came out after P4U2 console version, you weren't expecting it to happen again? Gotta keep that arcade moneys rolling in.

Yeah, but ASW is always a jerk like that to Persona. They announced BBCP the week of P4U1's console release too, lol. They usually give their own games some breathing room but I guess release time frames are really up to Atlus on this one. 

Also, not confirmed but twitter buzz is making it sound like there might be a loketest next Friday.

EDIT: I guess the above 2 posts hold some truth. Guess we'll have to wait and see. 

2.シャドウタイプの一部仕様変更

※上記の内容は予告なく変更する場合がございます。
※バージョンアップ実施日が急遽変更になる場合もございます。ご了承ください。

Can someone translate this? I'm pretty sure it's regarding the shadow type changes. It's from Famitsu's article.

If the Shadow Characters get to burst, I'm willing to bet they can also IK as well. I don't think it's really that important for S.Chie to have a burst, since she needs that rushdown game, so let's not blow it way out of proportion.

But yeah, P4U2 Shadow Characters pretty much going for P4A1/BBCP-hybrid style.

Did you notice Shadow Ken didn't have 100 SP in the image?

Yeah, but who's to say that the purple Burst logo doesn't change color, start pulsating or has some other visual indicator that one can now enable it when a Shadow achieves 100 SP? Like you said, we have to wait and see.

Yeah, but who's to say that the purple Burst logo doesn't change color, start pulsating or has some other visual indicator that one can now enable it when a Shadow achieves 100 SP? Like you said, we have to wait and see.

I was thinking the same thing, but I still wanted to bring that up.

2.シャドウタイプの一部仕様変更

They're changing part of how Shadow Type works. That's what it says. The other parts from your post are irrelevant fine-print stuff.

They're changing parts of how Shadow Type works. That's what it says. The other parts from your post are irrelevant fine-print stuff.

Thanks, too bad it wasn't anything more specific :/

What if shadow characters are allowed to use their 100 meter to burst?

It would give them a distinct advantage then since they can re-build that 100 meter a lot faster. Considering they already have more health, their only general major disadvantage would be the lower damage (which most Shadows can turn around with Shadow Berserk). If they were allowed to use 100 meter for Burst, I imagine it would come with a big penalty (like not being able to build SP for a considerable period of time).

Best bet is really to wait a week or til we get more info.

What if shadow characters are allowed to use their 100 meter to burst?

I guess something like that would be interesting (whether the 100 SP was a requirement or not), but would the input still be A+C+D? In that case, I guess it would have two separate functions: whether the character was in hit/block stun (where A+C+D would = Burst) or not (where A+C+D would = Shadow Frenzy). Kinda like BBCP.

Don't know what to think about this patch, but let's just hope for the best. (And when I mean best let's hope they don't decide for some reason to give Narukami 5D oki back)

Ah, I hope they give lower tiered characters the " Narukami treatment"

Eh, you know what? Command grabs all around

Because that went so well for Aigis.

Orion: the move that exists to tell your opponent "you fucked up."

Because that went so well for Aigis.

Orion: the move that exists to tell your opponent "you fucked up."

At least it hits people on the ground. Aigis also has her X-Factor mode with the ridiculous conditions.

I don't know what to expect. If we're heading BBCP2.0's route, then I'm expecting some dumb stuff.

Ah, I hope they give lower tiered characters the " Narukami treatment"

Eh, you know what? Command grabs all around

Inb4 Labs get nerfed and Narukami gets CS1 Belial Edge

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Elizabeth DP untechable plz

Anyways, I find it kinda funny that the update seems geared towards shadow characters so far and we're already talking about possible changes made to normal characters. 

Watch them actually add in Shadow Marie. Put those unused assets to work. Buttface would totally love that.

I remember that unused image of Shadow Marie too. And as much as I know this won't happen, I'm honestly hoping for a Shadow Adachi. Just to hear him shout more.

Inb4 Labs get nerfed and Narukami gets CS1 Belial Edge

Narukami should get CS1 BE and Ragna should get Gauntlet Hades feints.

Narukami should get CS1 BE and Ragna should get Gauntlet Hades feints.

The Ultimate Main Characters

Why don't we have everyone get a shadow mode now with the shadows getting some attention this update? 

But seriously, if the shadow characters really are getting buffed that would be awesome. I've been wanting to play some of them but I could never get into them. 

Imo, most reasonable theory is that shadow frenzy requires a burst to be done, but can be done with any amount of meter stocked

This is just wishful thinking but I hope the 2.0 patch gives everybody else a 150 SP super. No reason why only a select few should get them, plus I want to do swag finishers with Naoto.  :eng101: