Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Assuming that I'm understanding this correctly Luminos564, the system change to the Auto Combos is essentially nerf.  In 2.0, we'll to get the extra from hitting 5AAA, we'll have to got into the further portions of the AC that involve specials, which will be more unsafe if we want that meter now.  Not really they're doing, but maybe it's just an idea they're randomly kicking around, since this is a loctest build, after all.  100% agreed on the Liz and MINAZUKI changes.  Took the words about our believed Elevator Attendant right out of my mouth.  Of those two potential ideas for Mahamon that you have, I like the first one, since it would increase the Spell's utility, and it doesn't look like Mamudoon is getting any changes, at least based off of what we currently know at this moment, so it's probably still going to be a mostly useless waste of meter for her.  Can't say I'm thrilled about Ailments being nerfed, since my three mains (Liz, Naoto and Adachi) all use them a ton, but we'll see how it rolls out in the end.  I like the AOA change and the ability to Super Cancel Throws across the board though.  Seems like they're doing a lot to hopefully breath much more life into this game with Xrd and BBCP 2.0 looming over us.  Now if we could just get Theodore up in here...

Loving this aswell. Giving it more utility/purpose outside of feeling like "tacked on" button feels nice.

I've personally found it fun for predictable aoa's

This I'm gonna have to disagree with though at least for the survival knife bit. I personally like knives the way they are now, I think his mixup and good normals more than compensates for no knife oki. I don't like the thought of having to rely on them as much as opposed to just having them as another tool in the bag for lack of a better word. I think the lower knife hitting low is a cool addition as well, don't think its going to lead to any crazy setups but its a welcomed addition. While I don't think he should be the same terror that minazuki is at full screen neutral(I think this is good in what sets the characters apart, if the opponent managed to "unstick" you I think they deserve some breathing room I don't think he needs apex neutral) I would kill for atleast gaurdpoint of projectile invuln on highspeed movement. Its a real pain in the ass during certain matchups because on the ground atleast you're better off using evade rather than risking the Highspeed movement but then it doesn't cover the same distance that the special does. Apart from Air Version and SB arguably it feels relatively useless outside of when you already have someone locked down,and you already have other mix up/cross up tools aswell so it feels like its not reaching it's full potential, So yeah I think some projectile invuln on nomal HSM would be nice. He's already a fairly solid character though so I don't think I'd be too heart broken if they didn't anyways, its tough but he still seem to make ends meet even in this version.

But yeah its just a location test so time will tell I guess.Curious to see his as well as the rest of the casts nerf list. Don't know how I feel about shadow changes, but it's always nice to see Da Man and Labrys get some buffs.Looking forward to those aigis nerfs aswell.

I always preferred to block AoA's since they're usually punishable on block.  Also, I wouldn't want Sho to actually be good at full screen, but rather just give Sho tools to deal with full screen.  That is, mainly give him ways to get in.  Not free ways to get in, just ways to get in, or at least not feel helpless, when you're full screen against certain characters.

Also, do you know what I'd really like with his knife attacks?  Combat Knife to work like Anji's Butterflies. 

Now I'm just wishing for Sho to be broken.

This shadow Berserk change mades think this is kinda GG VS BB, all in one game. Now, I think the confussion change makes it useless, let's hope it doesn´t stay that way.

Hi guys, just passing by to say the Adachi and marie won´t be free the first week in europe unlike Asia or USA

I also just  wanted to say to Sega and especially Atlus to suck my dick you fucking pieces of shit, i hope you guys don´t complain when this game bombs in Europe, you deserve everything bad that happens to you especially Atlus that always finds a way to fuck up europeans in one way or another, can´t undestand what so great about these guys anyway when the only thing they do is milking dry two vastly overrated ps2 JRPG.

calm down

Angry Rant

No es que hayas elegido el mejor sitio para quejarte. ATLUS no tiene sede en Europa así que no tienen mucho control sobre lo que pasa por aquí. Las quejas al distribuidor.

Anyway could someone please explain to me what the KillRush change to Aki means? Not being able to stand when hit? I don't fully get it

No es que hayas elegido el mejor sitio para quejarte. ATLUS no tiene sede en Europa así que no tienen mucho control sobre lo que pasa por aquí. Las quejas al distribuidor.

Anyway could someone please explain to me what the KillRush change to Aki means? Not being able to stand when hit? I don't fully get it

I presume it means it doesn't force the opponent to a standing state after being hit by Kill Rush, meaning that if they were crouching before, they'll stay crouching after being hit by it.

MARGARET:

- In "God Hand" Persona is invincible until the start-up
- During "Mediarahan" Margaret can take attacks from the opponent, increased HP-recovery when taken hits
- You can now delay his Sweep by holding the button

Mmmmm, yes. Gimme those Margaret buffs. Console patch when.

Sounds like it's started. People are tweeting about stuff already like Yosuke's glide being gone, Sho's standing loop is gone because j.B has a smaller downward hitbox, etc.

I'm sure there's probably more out there but right now, I'm just reading what Xie and Stunedge are tweeting and retweeting 

https://twitter.com/XiePlus

https://twitter.com/hc0519

Minazuki's first hit of j.B is smaller, has less untech time on CH and his normal throw doesn't knockdown

EDIT: Uh, apparently Akihiko no longer has 5B FC...ASW, why?

I'm hearing something on GameFAQS about Junpei losing his ability carry his Runs between rounds, which sounds INSANE if it's true.  Has anyone Tweeted about that?  I'd check StunEdge's myself, but it's all in Japanese as far as I can tell.

I'm hearing something on GameFAQS about Junpei losing his ability carry his Runs between rounds, which sounds INSANE if it's true.  Has anyone Tweeted about that?  I'd check StunEdge's myself, but it's all in Japanese as far as I can tell.

That sounds impossible.

That sounds a little too excessive. Unless they made Junpei's bat normals and specials super good and runs easy to get, this would a little too huge a hit for him. Then again, it's ASW loketest. Anything can happen.

Hmmm, some interesting news on Shadow characters.

• Meter doesn't carry over between rounds,
  • Can go into Frenzy with 0 meter
  • if you have less than 50 meter, Shadow Frenzy uses half the burst
  • More than 50 meter, all of it. 

Source 1 - Source 2

Oh, and Chie's power charge is now the number of moves it'll buff instead of a bar. - Source

Also, just letting everyone know that the P4U2 sticks are now available for preorder on the Madcatz site

- Yes, Junpei's runs no longer carry over between rounds, j.2A is really advantageous now. He has gets a shitton of combo openings now because his faster normals

- Liz can now instant kill the opponent under certain conditions (we don't know yet)

- Many FCs are gone, including: Aki's 5B, Kanji's j.5C, Yukiko's Maragi

- Labrys can EASILY get to red axe status in no time.

- Minazuki players confirmed douchebags 

- S.Chie can't do meteors into SB God Hand like she could have in 1.1, SP gauge runs out way too fast for her to pull it off now

- Marie 5C>2C no longer works

- Yes, Yosuke can't glide anymore

- Yukiko's Agi no longer, float the opponent, and SB Agi comes out a lot faster now

EDITED because I got one of Junpei's changes wrong. He does get to keep his runs onto the next round.

Edited by Doobylover

Oh, and Chie's power charge is now the number of moves it'll buff instead of a bar. - Source

Huh, well that's ONE way to cut her damage down. Much of Chie's brutal damage came from the fact that Power Charge was on a timer and if she got you with a good hit, you were bound to lose 65% health minimum (while Shadow Chie would outright kill you). With an X number of use in effect though, Chie players cannot afford to waste it on low damage skills and need to reserve it for the big hits like God Hand. Still, there is a benefit. Since it now operates on "stock" you could technically keep it for longer and use it at an opportune moment to clench the victory.

So if he gets Victory Cry in round 1, he'll lose it in round 2?

I'd say that's a fair assumption considering we now know his normals are much better. Really curious on what that IK condition is for Lizzie's Mahamaon though...I have this sickening feeling it'll be something incredibly obtuse like "activate Mahamaon on 44 seconds remaining" or "have opponent inflicted with Negative Penalty, Fear and Poison".

Wait, wouldn't using Frenzy with 0 meter be counter-productive?  I mean, what would you even do with that?  Also, I've got a friend who mains Junpei who is wondering how the Run change impacts Victory Cry.  Any news on that yet?

Wait, wouldn't using Frenzy with 0 meter be counter-productive?  I mean, what would you even do with that?  

Not sure how it works at 0 meter but at the very least, you would be able to take advantage of the time freeze from the Shadow Berserk to scope out the current situation and act accordingly. 

Wait, wouldn't using Frenzy with 0 meter be counter-productive?  I mean, what would you even do with that?

Not necessarily a bad idea idea if Shadow Frenzy still has some invulnerability frames on it. And IIRC, if you buffer supers during the Shadow Frenzy activation fast enough, you can still get the move to come out for a reversal. Sorta like how OD Raid>Supah Snake Kick Hazama has I guess...maybe...