Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Considering Throws are Super Cancelable, and Maha's getting less startup, we could theoretically get meter, inflict Fear, then do an UnTechable, FC throw, canceled into Death Spell for silly Exodia-style wins.  Guessing this is to prevent that.  But I've given up hope on them balancing out Lizzie with any hint of logic or reason, since I think they WANT her to be bad at this point honestly.

Only nerf I've heard so far is that SB command grab is gone.

Heard somewhere that Raging Lion is now Fatal Recovery...possibly. Not sure how you can capitalize on that off the top of my head but it's something I guess?

- Yes, Junpei's runs no longer carry over between rounds, j.2A is really advantageous now. He has gets a shitton of combo openings now because his faster normals

Do you have a source for this claim.

huh.  that's an....interesting Junpei change. if he can do slightly better combos without victory cry, i'm for it.  However, in the interest of him having an interesting unique mechanic, that seems really counter-intuitive.  

I'm very okay with faster normals, though.

huh.  that's an....interesting Junpei change. if he can do slightly better combos without victory cry, i'm for it.  However, in the interest of him having an interesting unique mechanic, that seems really counter-intuitive.  

I'm very okay with faster normals, though.

It's a pick-n-choose situation I guess. I imagine that they thought if they let Junpei keep his runs between rounds while still having access to better normals outside of Victory Cry it'd be a little too easy for the whole thing to snowball outta control. So it became a "lousy base character with great super mode" vs. "good character with OK super mode" kind of deal. They had the former and it wasn't all that good as we've discovered. Perhaps the latter proves more favorable?

EDIT: Would anyone be able to translate the Lizzie changes (thanks for finding and posting them here Elochai)? It'd be most appreciated.

ブフの硬直話、覚醒SBブフは明らかに減っていて最速Dアギでは運べないくらい。前作のようにディレイ掛ければ行けそう。

ハマ即死はマッチラウンドでもない
ハマ即死はフラグ4でもない
ハマ即死はムド設置中にハマ当てでもない

非覚醒Aブフ周りは体感SCくらいの変更しか感じない。繋がる攻撃あるの…?
Dムドオンそのまま(重要)
ハマオン、覚醒相手に三回当てても発動せず(ヤケクソ)

・2Cフラグがストック可能
・ハマ即時発動。即死条件分からず

小剣フラグ9までストック可能
覚醒SBガルの束縛時間減った?要確認
ガードSBランダマイザは当然ガーキャンが出ます(白目)

覚醒SBジオの補正上か受け身不能時間減少(多分後者)張り付きからの拾いが困難に
ブフ毒コンは現存。ただし上記理由からCガルまでは困難に

It's a pick-n-choose situation I guess. I imagine that they thought if they let Junpei keep his runs between rounds while still having access to better normals outside of Victory Cry it'd be a little too easy for the whole thing to snowball outta control. So it became a "lousy base character with great super mode" vs. "good character with OK super mode" kind of deal. They had the former and it wasn't all that good as we've discovered. Perhaps the latter proves more favorable?

yeah, it seems as much.  Im just saying it looks odd that his defining mechanic is going to see less use.  I am 100% okay with it though! I'm just gonna keep any negative opinions until I have the update in my hands and I can test stuff.

Nothing really significant here. Just Loketest questions here and there.

He says that he noticed how AoA attacks were mostly avoided in competitive play as it was generally rendered to be highly unsafe and very easy to read, therefore making it not very resourceful to use. By tweaking the mechanic a bit, AoAs will become more deceptive to see during offensive pressure and safer on block, and hopes that players will use it more freely in the future as a solid offensive tool.

For confusion, Ono states that he noticed how in the previous game when you were confused, you had to press the opposite direction to move but could not block using the same direction. (I guessing that frustrated a few players or something?). JUST FOR THIS LOKETEST, they are allowing you to guard in both directions. This will allow you to safely guard attacks when your character transitions out of confusion state. At the same time, if you are at sweeping distance to your opponent and they attack, your character will go in guarding state rather than move away, so watch your position. Iguchiya further backs this up by saying this new mechanic will make it reasonable for most players who are inflicted with confusion and forget to guard in the opposite direction.

People who come to these loketests will be given questionnaires so that the developers will be able to read feedback and craft the game to the majority's liking. 

- Yes, Junpei's runs no longer carry over between rounds, j.2A is really advantageous now. He has gets a shitton of combo openings now because his faster normals

- Liz can now instant kill the opponent under certain conditions (we don't know yet)

- Many FCs are gone, including: Aki's 5B, Kanji's j.5C, Yukiko's Maragi

- Labrys can EASILY get to red axe status in no time.

- Minazuki players confirmed douchebags 

- S.Chie can't do meteors into SB God Hand like she could have in 1.1, SP gauge runs out way too fast for her to pull it off now

- Marie 5C>2C no longer works

- Yes, Yosuke can't glide anymore

- Yukiko's Agi no longer, float the opponent, and SB Agi comes out a lot faster now

YpD91j3.png

So if I'm understanding you right Dooby, they're not trying to kill Confusion's like I was a bit worried about as an Adachi player, but they're just making it easier for newer players to defend as they're coming out of it?  I guess I can live with that, it sounds rather reasonable I guess.

So if I'm understanding you right Dooby, they're not trying to kill Confusion's like I was a bit worried about as an Adachi player, but they're just making it easier for newer players to defend as they're coming out of it?  I guess I can live with that, it sounds rather reasonable I guess.

I guess they're trying to make it more fair for the victim, I guess.

YpD91j3.png

Weird because I sworn I could've found my source which stated Junpei can no longer carry over runs between rounds...I'll have look over it again.

In any case, I stand corrected for this one.

Can someone explain why AOA being safer is good thing? When it's an armored overhead that can launch, and some characters' AOAs are 26 frames with no unique sound effects + their sprites can be often obscured by other effects? When sometimes the launch( :ballPSHO: )/blowback>combo afterward is so strong that CH.5C/B or something > AOA is an optimal punish? Hell, expect to see MORE of them now that everybody and their dog can finally consistently "mash" the hits for D followup FC.

Okay, so people were used to it offline and can react accordingly. So what? They're not making faster, so are they literally going to make it like -5 on block or something? Are they going to improve the netcode along with this too so online doesn't suffer the fate of a thousand troglodytes mashing AOA because the netcode makes it safe?

Someone please educate me because this must be blind. I'm not trying to be rude or sarcastic or anything like that, I just don't understand.

+1 for using the word "troglodyte"

Anyway I'm glad that you don't have to mash to get the hits because I fucking hate mash inputs and think they should be banned from any kind of fighting games. (BBCT ice break, smash throw break, tech in earlier BB and GG, Lightning Legs and stuff, Marvel super mash, etc.

I also can't decide if AoL attacks being buffed is better or worse for since I never block them online anyway. Whatever the case I hate them. I don't know what half of these online players would be able to do if they didn't have their stupid armored overhead launchers.

Because the only time you even SEE AOA is on netplay in sub-optimal connections?  Arcsys probably wants them to be actually viable in an offline environment.

Also, stop relying on audio cues for stuff, you're not always gonna get to hear them.  

Stop relying on graphical cues for stuff, you're not always going to see them

Durrrrrrrrr

So I just heard NinjaElephant saying that Chie's AOA can't be punished by Minazuki's 5A.

Uuuhhh...

It's a 9 Frame jab, so it's not surprising.  As someone who plays Sho and has the same jab, you have no idea how much AoA's annoy me, especially since my AoA is one of the few that can't be used as an "armored over-head launcher." (The armor only kicks in just as the move becomes active.  It, being a cross up, has an incredibly long start up and can easily be jabbed out of like most AoAs should, but don't.)