Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

The only solid info we have, other than what ASW gave out, is "damage reduced." There are mentions of 2C, gauge consumption, Orion, and Megido in Tweets, but it's gibberish to me... we just have to wait.

Interesting that you say that cause I've heard combo rate has been reduced by 10 percent, Megido consumes less Orgia and 2C hits crouching characters now. No source unfortunately since I heard it from a friend. But you confirmed my ideas. Aigis is still in business and making people mad ^_^

Uh, do ENG VA's effect Japan? 

Absolutely not. If such were the case, Chie, Naoto, Margaret wouldn't be playable, you wouldn't see Igor in story mode and Atlus would have lost their everloving minds.

Can someone help me out with this? I've been reading the Mitsuru tweets but I can't fully understand what are they talking about in here. 

A連からBドロが繋がるけど、端に押し込んだとしても2Aで拾えないってことは硬直は今まで通りかそれ以上ってことか。A連空中ヒット>Bドロの場合は2Aで拾えた。これは今まで通り

Thanks

A連からBドロが繋がるけど、端に押し込んだとしても2Aで拾えないってことは硬直は今まで通りかそれ以上ってことか。A連空中ヒット>Bドロの場合は2Aで拾えた。これは今まで通り

"B Droit can be combo'd from Auto Combo, but I couldn't follow it with 2A, not even in corner - meaning the recovery is the same or maybe worse. Auto Combo (Aerial hit) > B Droit > 2A still works."

Absolutely not. If such were the case, Chie, Naoto, Margaret wouldn't be playable, you wouldn't see Igor in story mode and Atlus would have lost their everloving minds.

Exactly this.  English VA means less than nothing to Atlus lol.

I feel bad for some of you guys who think Atlus bases their games on feedback outside of its niche...all they really about is sales. If it doesn't sell well outside of Japan, they won't localize the next game. That's it. If they DID care, holy shit I don't even think Marie would make a stage cameo appearance.

I also hate to ruin people's parades, but I highly doubt there's going to be any new characters inclusions made in P4U2.0 patch, if we even manage to get that outside of Japan's arcades. The only way I can see this happening is if enough JP players made a request for one in their written questionnaires, but for now I just think everyone is concerned with just balancing the battle mechanics of the game. Feel free to put me in my place if I'm wrong though.

Also, when are we going to get "Famitsu-only" colors and Tanaka's theme? Seems kinda messed up you can't get it at this point even if you bought the NA version.

Also, when are we going to get "Famitsu-only" colors and Tanaka's theme? Seems kinda messed up you can't get it at this point even if you bought the NA version.

They've been holding out on New World Fool as well right?

Well yeah they aren't going to give us new characters.

But hey  all the shadow that aren't yosuke,yu, naoto chie and mitsuru are viable and playable so what's neat.

But speaking about shadow I'm not a fan of SP not being carried between rounds.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s317/sh/ae1b6662-b568-4460-b9b0-11cd141cbef8/79f2d9c15d200adf8b2b8e799ebc6c58

Anyone who can read moon runes want to take a look at this for us Narukami mains? I could figure a few out with some google translate, but it doesn't get you very far.

Can someone confirm if certain Titanomachia combos still work for Shadow Labrys? In titanomachia you can do 2C into 214C, but with 214C being faster, it might come out too fast and miss? Also the fact that they can tech after 2C (a nerf in this patch), 214C might not hit in time. Also if the opponent can tech after 214C, then the finisher won't combo.

With the announcement of CP Extend coming, I really hope ArcSys doesn't go this route with P4AU. Although P4AU 2.0 is making some significant changes, I just don't feel that it warrants another physical disc release, especially if no new characters or content is going to be added.

1) There's no mention one way or another whether they'll be a route to patch or upgrade for BBCP Extend yet. All we know is that there's going to be a standalone release.

2) It's really Atlus' call since they call the shots. If I had to give a guess, it'll probably be a patch/upgrade. ASW mostly does stuff like this because they need to get more funds to develop the sequel and other stuff. It's not really a factor here because Atlus funds all development on the Persona games. But who knows. You'll just have to wait and see.

1) There's no mention one way or another whether they'll be a route to patch or upgrade for BBCP Extend yet. All we know is that there's going to be a standalone release.

2) It's really Atlus' call since they call the shots. If I had to give a guess, it'll probably be a patch/upgrade. ASW mostly does stuff like this because they need to get more funds to develop the sequel and other stuff. It's not really a factor here because Atlus funds all development on the Persona games. But who knows. You'll just have to wait and see.

There's no new characters as far as we know and ASW usually only does a new disc for updates with new characters. Although Atlus is doing this, so it's in their hands. 

plsnonewdisc

https://twitter.com/hashtag/p4u2%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A3%E3%83%93%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B1%E3%83%86%E6%83%85%E5%A0%B1

I don't play S.Labrys but here's some stuff...

- Air Guillotine > 5C removed

- 5C blows the opponent away (Flies over S.Labrys even if you sandwich the opponent...) and causes wallbounce 

- j.2C slower start-up? Increased recovery? 

- Increased hit stun from 5A

- 2B is jump cancelable

- 2C and Hammer are pretty fast

- 2C floats the opponent pretty high. They can tech if you use it in a combo

- SB Guillotine floats the opponent higher. No way to continue on midscreen. 5A, 5B and 2B work in corner...

- Opponent falls faster from SB Authority hit. Can't combo Brutal Impact from it.

- 2B>5B isn't back...

- No bounce from her Furious Action

Really not feeling these changes. Seems to be mostly nerfs. Oh well, these might not be permanent and if they are I'll find a way to make her work.

I'm actually inclined to think that if it were up to Atlus they wouldn't even patch the game. The dev time for P4U2 is paid by the profit from arcades which I'm guessing ASW gets most of it. The publishing of the PS3/X360 game was all Atlus, which leads me to think that if Arc wants to put the patch out they would have to have Atlus approve it. From a financial point of view, I'm guessing that Atlus would ask to make it a paid upgrade in order to warrant the hassle of submitting it to review by MS, SCEJ, SCEA, and SCEE. Either that, or make it an "Extend" release and that would suck balls.

I'm actually inclined to think that if it were up to Atlus they wouldn't even patch the game. The dev time for P4U2 is paid by the profit from arcades which I'm guessing ASW gets most of it. The publishing of the PS3/X360 game was all Atlus, which leads me to think that if Arc wants to put the patch out they would have to have Atlus approve it. From a financial point of view, I'm guessing that Atlus would ask to make it a paid upgrade in order to warrant the hassle of submitting it to review by MS, SCEJ, SCEA, and SCEE. Either that, or make it an "Extend" release and that would suck balls.

The dev time may be paid for by the profits of the arcade in the long run but it doesn't the change the fact that when software is still in development, you need money to pay your developers. In the case of BB and GG, that money comes out of ASW's wallet. In the case of Persona, it comes out of Atlus' wallet. Because they were the ones who paid for the development up front and Persona is a series that they own, it should also come as no surprise that the revenue from the arcades in reality goes to Atlus and then Atlus distributes the money as agreed on when they created and signed the contract to develop this 2.0 rebalance. 

Also, if it was a paid upgrade, it would be to cover the costs of console development. 

Of course I'd prefer a digital upgrade, but P4U's ridiculously cheap price on Amazon right now (25 bucks) and the Madcatz stick being PS4 and PS3 compatible, I'd say disc is definitely in the cards (*ahem* as it were). Just like everyone swore USF4 wasn't coming to next gen, then the controller get announced, and a few months later *surprise!*

The only thing we know is that 2.0 is supposed to hit Japanese arcades in January. It's possible we'll see 2.1 or tweaks to 2.0 thereafter, nevermind the fact that 2.0 may not be exactly as pictured at the loketest. (Remember when Heavenly Spear and Issen were totally broken?) Or we may not! Who knows? Until we have more info, I don't see what good can come from speculating, other than warnings about staying on-topic.

Regarding the Ultimax fightstick: MadCatz has stated that if you haven't pre-ordered (or do so ASAP, as I believe they were down to ~150 earlier today), then that's that. Standard disclaimer regarding "unless there's a huge demand for them." So, uh, buy now if you want one.

I was thinking hard about whether or not to pick this up when I saw it was only $25 on Amazon(already?!).  However, much to my chagrin, I checked around and found out there was an update planned for the arcade.  I immediately smelled a possible console-expansion in the works and decided to wait.  I do not want to get burned on yet another fighter.  I also have no information on the state of the game's community.  I have become quite a paranoid consumer lately.