Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

@Akiro Its an auto-aiming shot, so practitality over coolness factor. Though I have no idea what's her Awakened Super is.

@Akiro Its an auto-aiming shot, so practitality over coolness factor. Though I have no idea what's her Awakened Super is.

Added, she's an archer. There's not much flair to be had when your entire option for it is "Shoot magical arrow" or "Shoot more than one than 1 magical arrow". Naoto's kinda the same in that regard. Outside her ability to punt you across the screen, her supers are all about the practicality of shooting you many, many times over.

So she really is basically straight up Hawkeye then.

I honestly think that P5 will be the game to wrap up plot threads..they are not going to wrap all plot threads at once

I don't see why not. There's nothing that has happened that couldn't be wrapped up now, or would need a 100+ hour RPG to do it.

Edited by Zeik56

Right now, are people separating normal and shadow charas for changelists at all?

I'm thinking we're gonna get serious confusion about actual changes unless people start noting this.

I think there's some confusion already with stuff like people initially not knowing if only Shadow Kanji's 5C caused paralysis or if the normal version's did as well. Seems like some information inherent to Shadow characters as a whole isn't too clear with some people claiming that they started rounds with 100 SP.

updated today's info into loketest notes (in japanese though)

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s43/sh/0e9b830d-5702-4866-a1d5-0c8e1e1c2a8f/c7f1fbbc1497cce8cfc1b1cf907c8732

some noticable points

- Chie has SB charge, which charge upto lv2 instantly, SB charge > SB godhand did 5700

- Chie's Yun's dash punch move works exactly same way it was in SF4

- Kanji's new persona move is persona sholder attack move which reaches from end to end and penetrates all projectiles

- Mitsuru's new AAA move is pretty damn good in terms pushing opponent about half-screen on block

- S.Lab has persona with her on wakeup right now. (aka you can do wake up punch super or wakeup some persona move), she can mash 2C(which was 8C in currently version) during block

- Liz 5D can catch freeze state opponent

- So many dash cancelable moves, almost everybody's 5C

From the sound of things, it seems like they want the Shadow versions to be their own entity and not just some "Unlimited" form. They got their own sense of gameplay style and from the look of things, are hardly broken. Kinda like how EX Characters worked in GG except these would be tourney legal.

I got a feeling though it won't be allowed in tournament play unless both players use the shadow form to be evenly matched

Why would they both have to be shadow? There are plenty of characters that aren't evenly matched. As long as they're not broken that would be a pretty stupid restriction.

Looks like Kanji players got what they wanted : P

Did we? I just want him to be good. :(

I got a feeling though it won't be allowed in tournament play unless both players use the shadow form to be evenly matched

No one cares if you mismatch moons in MB. It'll be the same here. They're going to be balanced to play against each other.

Why? Shadows are obviously core to this game and, as a result, they'll have to be balanced to hang with the rest of the cast. Dacidbro stated that they might even be initially designed to be somewhat weaker than normal versions because that's how they might want to tackle a new system like this.

Shadow characters don't have a Burst, don't get awakened (which means they might not have the normal defense boost benefit) and can't reach 150 meter. Until I see people talking about how broken they are, I don't understand where the thought comes from that they might be banned.

Because another one of the messages was that death, while inevitable for mortals, is not simply an end but rather a transition for them (hence the arcana and their meanings being used to influence the narrative in some small way).

This argument might have worked if the Death Arcana was actually referring to literal death, rather than accepting it as a part of life.

And I'll repeat, I never said that P3MC should be revived.

And I never accused you of saying that. You asked "How is it a totally unacceptable stretch that Makoto/Minato/P3MC might be revived?" and I answered.

The narrative ain't going to suffer simply because Lizzie accomplishes what she set out to do and since she's not human, the concept of a mortal's life and death are not exactly best applied to her.

A world's logic they must always be obeyed, whether the world is fictional or not. Ignoring its limitations is huge mistake if your goal is to create a decent narrative. If Liz actually does succeed in reviving the MC permanently then ATLUS might as well just throw all their notes on the Persona universe out the window. Liz may not be human, but the P3MC is.

Rather that if ATLUS wanted to, they could revive him very easily (though not necessarily in his human form).

This MIGHT be acceptable though (if its only temporary).

shadow characters mainly differ in

- all their AAA combo are same as the current version whereas regular version characters have all newAAA moves

- some moves have special properties? not really sure

- they are pretty much same, but damage are nerfed by x0.8

- no burst and awakening

so if your character does not have high health and strong defensive option that can make you survive without burst, it might be useful

but I don't really see anybody would like to pick shadow Yukiko atm, but we will see how it rolls

updated today's info into loketest notes (in japanese though)

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s43/sh/0e9b830d-5702-4866-a1d5-0c8e1e1c2a8f/c7f1fbbc1497cce8cfc1b1cf907c8732

some noticable points

- Chie has SB charge, which charge upto lv2 instantly, SB charge > SB godhand did 5700

- Chie's Yun's dash punch move works exactly same way it was in SF4

- Kanji's new persona move is persona sholder attack move which reaches from end to end and penetrates all projectiles

- Mitsuru's new AAA move is pretty damn good in terms pushing opponent about half-screen on block

- S.Lab has persona with her on wakeup right now. (aka you can do wake up punch super or wakeup some persona move), she can mash 2C(which was 8C in currently version) during block

- Liz 5D can catch freeze state opponent

- So many dash cancelable moves, almost everybody's 5C

Kanji's new Persona Move seems a bit OP..

I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like an easy Persona break.

I haven't seen yukari break it...it looks pretty cool though....give take-mikazuchi a spiky mustache and a yellow hat arc... XD

I hope not..this will give Kanji a huge buff..

it's basically a sonic boom in terms of input, nothing hard about that!

Here. Not sure if it'd be easy.

Yeah, hard to say. It seems like it has enough charge time that you could react to it once you learn the timing though. Now if there's like an EX version with different timing or something you could make it a bit more unpredictable.

Here. Not sure if it'd be easy.

Block and then 5A or 2A? Depends on where it stops. If it stops right in front of you on block, then mash that 5A. What's Kanji going to do to punish you for it? Run up? If it stops behind you, then it might be trickier. You'd need something that has a hitbox behind you. Also, that shoulder check is only immune to projectiles. A light melee flick will break him like the rest.

I hope not..this will give Kanji a huge buff..

That's a bad thing? Kanji finally has an option for dealing with full screen projectiles.

Block and then 5A or 2A? Depends on where it stops. If it stops right in front of you on block, then mash that 5A. What's Kanji going to do to punish you for it? Run up? If it stops behind you, then it might be trickier. You'd need something that has a hitbox behind you. Also, that shoulder check is only immune to projectiles. A light melee flick will break him like the rest.

You could probably hit them with Ziodyne while they're trying to attack.