Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

TheOneTrueScrub, here's a link to LK's console tier list, which features explanations for each individual placement, (except for regular Naoto, I guess he forgot?) as well as individual rankings for the categories of Neutral, Offense, Mixup, Damage, Defense, Awakening and Shadow Frenzy.  It's a really great, detailed read, from arguably the best player in America.  Enjoy.  http://www.lord-knight.com/p4u2-character-ranking-character-stats/

Thank you!

Shadow HP Adjustments, according to this source on twitter https://twitter.com/ikenumajedo6428/status/555681769777676288

It says the following (double check is welcome)

Narukami 10500

Yosuke 9500

Chie 10500

Yukiko 9500

Teddie 10500

Kanji 11000

Naoto 9500

Akihiko 10500

Mitsuru 10500

Aigis 10000

Yukari 9500

Junpei 10500

Labrys 10500

Rise 10000

Ken 9500

Seems like they're all lowered to 1k from the previous 2k health bonus 

Thanks again to Sougo

Ha, Aki and Kanji only get a 500 health bonus.

RIP Shadow Kanji.

I don't really know about that. With the new mechanics for the Shadow characters, we might see Kanji players transition to Shadow Kanji since that latter seems to be able to do more things with less meter and has a burst now. Of course, we still have to wait and see. 

His Mix-up is trash. If you instant block any of his hits you free to counter him. Beyond that is also super simple. His high-low mixup is so obvious I am almost never caught by it and his command grab is also super obvious I have no idea why they're nerfing it.

It looks like you never ran into a Minazuki who used the Air turn (J. AC) to take advantage of the ridiculous hitbox the JB had. And that shit is really difficult to block.

It looks like you never ran into a Minazuki who used the Air turn (J. AC) to take advantage of the ridiculous hitbox the JB had. And that shit is really difficult to block.

Don't question netplay. This practice is uncommon in netplay. Even though it's good the many minazuki I play don't utilize him effectively. It's similar to Yosuke.

Yeah no that trick. I developed counter measure to the same day. I remember sitting next to him screaming about it till I spent an hour in the lab trying to come up with some anti-tech till I found something character specific. So now it really isn't a problem. That's really the best thing about local play is that you can experiment and come up with cool shit right next to each other. It's also a much needed bonus when half the online community refuses to play you because you play kanji. 

Can we talk about how Minazuki has a 5a that cancels into itself that's massive and he has moves that move him forward in pressure safely that make it impossible to escape while shitting on your options so you have to respect most of his pressure until you get hit and then you respect but oh no a command grab happened.

Like I'm just being real for 2 seconds, a lot of people online are not playing the game even at a mid level, so misconceptions abound when that's the mass of your experience. The fact online makes some "mix ups" actually mix ups (like a lot of air turn cross up stuff) doesn't help. Make sure you take your experience and compare it with what high level players are doing/saying before you reach your conclusions.

Thank you so much for this!! I get so sick of trying to convince Minazuki players that their character is fucking preposterous.

I know of his scum well. Anybody who doesn't think he's scum should play Labrys.

Ya know there is nothing that I love more that talking about how scummy Minazuki is, but just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to see/link the archive of the p4u v2.00 nico stream that happened last night? I watched like 10 mins of it then fell asleep :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Strife recently uploaded a set of videos a 2.0 tournament. It has a lot of Adachi and Kanji footage mostly along with some others such as Shabrys, Marie, Ken, Yukiko, Liz and Rise, but the two first ones are the characters that appear more, so they give a lot of info.

Said videos are here http://youtu.be/YMnvXIrxFH4 (you can search for the others, they're in his channel)

Can we talk about how Minazuki has a 5a that cancels into itself that's massive and he has moves that move him forward in pressure safely that make it impossible to escape while shitting on your options so you have to respect most of his pressure until you get hit and then you respect but oh no a command grab happened.

The nerfs to 5A is what I'd argue is the bigger loss than j.B. I barely ever found myself needing to use j.B to get my claws in on the opponent and mostly employed it for the j.B>j.B>j.C>j.2D stuff. The 5A though I employed VERY often (though I tried not to mash it all throughout the match) and it was always hilarious to see the opponent freak out and back off even when I whiffed it with reckless abandon. Even I admit, much as I enjoyed having it, it was a rather silly thing. I dunno, maybe I'm a weirdo or a glutton for punishment, but I am honestly not all that ruffled by his nerfs. So long as he remains fun and has some semblance of his former glory around, I see no reason to drop him in favor of the next Tier Crown Flavor.

Sorry if this is the wrong place

I'm not seeing Ken up for download in the US PSN store. Anyone know whats up with that?

Ken? Ken's not DLC. He and Rise are part of the base game.

Looking forward to seeing all those Japanese players doing work.

Same. I'm also looking forward to playing all those JP players. If possible, I'd love to get matches in with all of them.  Heh heh, I'm so excited.

Same. I'm also looking forward to playing all those JP players. If possible, I'd love to get matches in with all of them. Heh heh, I'm so excited.

Double. Im going to try to go to EVO this year. I got a lot of training to do!

Yup. Same here. The next 6 months of training will be fierce but lots of fun though.

I just hope Atlus and ASW speed up 2.0 console release so we can get as much time with the new version as possible before Evo.