Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

We really should point out that this is just damosu's opinion. I've also seen a tier made by Aguro and they're pretty different in some ways.

I really want it to stay like this though

I can't see Teddie falling to D just like that. He got a few nerfs, but nothing groundbreaking; nothing on the level of what Yosuke got.

And is S. Junpei really that much better than Junpei? I've seen a few videos of the former, but I'd think the character-wide buffs they both got would at least bump Junpei up a tier.

don't bother taking this too seriously.

it's a very early meta. things are still being explored and people aren't 100% used to 2.0 yet.

Adachi in the same tier as Minazuki and Sho? HAPPINESS! 3 out of 4 of my characters are still good (Adachi Marg, and Labrys). So,  what's reasoning behind Marie being bottom tier trash? Is everyone else just that much better(I can totally understand that)? Teddie going that far down is also strange to me considering his changes weren't really ground breaking at all.

So any word on why Shadow Mitsuru is considered top tier? Are shadows that good now? If so that sounds fun. I always liked messing around with Shadow Mitsuru. I find it amazing Teddie is D tier though. Makes me excited with the tier list shuffle. I can't wait to see how it develops as the game evolves.

Like I follow around JP twitter and study nico a lot and yeah, it's early. Aguro said his list is heavily incomplete, Damosu says some crazy shit, Pet made a list and blah blah.

If you wanna know what's really up watch a fuck ton of videos and try following JP opinions closely and being critical of what you see and hear. The constant S tiers across the board are S Chie, Mits/S Mits, Ken, Minazuki. The constant bottom tiers are Teddie, Marie, Liz. Teddie took probably the biggest nerf bat I've ever seen (lol breaking items), I don't know if he's that bad but from what I've seen he looks like pathetic. I watched S Chie for a couple of hours and that shit is staying S tier. S Junpei is strong but Idk if he's Persona busted strong. The Shos are hella good. Aigis is strong. Narukami looks like a solid and fair character. Yosuke looks weaker but I've barely seen anything. Marie was weak in 1.1, prolly still weak in 2.0. Liz is better but she's still Liz so haha.

There's lots of shit to fill in the gaps and until you have enough concrete evidence to say something (we see very little and have to listen to JP players who not all of which will put out quality opinions, they also don't know a whole lot yet). Like the only concrete guess I can make is Aigis is still like high tier probably, since I know that character at a high level in 1.1 and I've been graced by a few hours of top Aigis footage. Connecting the dots and seeing stuff critically helped and I did a write up I posted in her forum. And some of that (her average damage climbed a tiny bit) is slightly outdated already. I also was lucky enough to see a lot of Ken and S Chie stuff. Ken looks to be incredibly good, lots of guesses put him in top tier. S Chie is also just straight up hysterical, there's no way a character that is doing what she does is going to not be S tier or at least top 10 minimum.

Pretty sure someone mentioned the tier lists being based on player experience.

If a character doesn't show up it's because said player hasn't played against them enough or he'll rather not say anything because of little experience

Also:

Narukami looks like a solid and fair character.

We sure this is still Persona right?

Idk it was weird I saw somebody block Narukami and it was like "woah that's actually an option now" and his confirms have all looked way less wild outside of seeing like CH 5C still turn into almost 6k, but that's always going to turn into the high damage.

P.S. when I say fair I mean fair by Persona standards, and I still think he's a good character.

Thanks for doing and Aigis write-up Anne.  Going to take a look at that soon, since I was wondering what you thought of her, and her changes looked a bit scary from my perspective.  As far as Yu goes, when I first saw him, I thought, "Man, he looks arthritic compared to what he is right now.  I think I can actually SEE the mixups, even though it's just a video.  Guyman also thinks MINAZUKI's faster in 2.0, so that could be making me think that too."  Damosu's been putting some nice work with Adachi, so I'd wonder why he thinks he's so high, even though his buffs look pretty awesome.  Guess I need to watch more Ken matches, since I thought things like increased recovery on Koro, despite the HP buff, him doing those little flips after each attack, and no longer being able to revived from the dead by the Healing Super, would've evened Amada out, especially since 5A can be low profiled.  (Yay!)

We need to make a list of questions and then send them out to generous JP players and see if they can confirm them for us

I would like Jiyuna, Guymam or Xie to do this but I doubt that'll happen from them.

Questions like:

Does Marie's presents now activate on Personas the same as they would on people (i.e. Yukiko can throw 5D and literally push them back without activating them)

Is Yukiko's SB Maragidyne still active even after she gets hit

Can Yukiko now bait punish using Fire Boost now?

Feel free to add to this list if you're curious about something

If you want to seriously do something like that I can get in contact with people. HOWEVER with basic Japanese a lot of this can be done over twitter or using the BBS. We're already actually doing that, Xie is incredibly helpful and Jiyuna despite acting a fool often enough has done it before.

Edit also questions like "Can Yukiko now bait punish using Fire Boost now?" are not great to ask, it's better to keep things as simple as possible and leave out "does this player vs player idea work?" since there's no real way to answer that. It'd also be wise to wait for more footage to come around before you asked to avoid asking questions that could be obvious or already generally known.

Personally I'd ask questions on how players feel about specific characters' positions on the tier list and why. Like the dropping of Teddie or the rise of Ken, or about characters we haven't seen any idea of yet, like Yukari or Rise. Would probably be more profitable to ask people who actually play those characters though, so we can get better clarification.

At risk of it turning into tierchat so take with grain of salt.

If you want to seriously do something like that I can get in contact with people. HOWEVER with basic Japanese a lot of this can be done over twitter or using the BBS. We're already actually doing that, Xie is incredibly helpful and Jiyuna despite acting a fool often enough has done it before.

Edit also questions like "Can Yukiko now bait punish using Fire Boost now?" are not great to ask, it's better to keep things as simple as possible and leave out "does this player vs player idea work?" since there's no real way to answer that. It'd also be wise to wait for more footage to come around before you asked to avoid asking questions that could be obvious or already generally known.

I make sure I try to ask questions that haven't really been answered since the introduction of 2.0, as well as those I see a few JP players wonder about on Twitter and such. But I do see how problematic it is to ask someone to go out of their way to solve a specific MU-type question and I'll just wait for more footage for most, if not all of my questions. The kind question I want to try to ask are hopefully just the kinds many people wouldn't pick up on while they play around with the patch, at least not during the first upcoming weeks and such.

Idk it was weird I saw somebody block Narukami and it was like "woah that's actually an option now" and his confirms have all looked way less wild outside of seeing like CH 5C still turn into almost 6k, but that's always going to turn into the high damage.

P.S. when I say fair I mean fair by Persona standards, and I still think he's a good character.

It helps that his reward for landing a throw in the corner isn't completely ridiculous anymore, and some of his normals got some noticeable nerfs.

But yeah, Narukami's a pretty reasonable character now. Not sure if I should feel elated because less bullshit is a good thing, or disappointed because it's the end of an era.