Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Also please don't compare stuff to 1.0 Kokonoe and junk. People still don't quite get the difference between some thigns or how that actually affected stuff.

Nobody was comparing anything. I just don't like it when people say "we just need to learn to deal with it" when referring to OP characters/mechanics in general. 

Shadows have more health than normal characters. They just reduced the amount they used to have in the previous version.

How embarrassing I didn't process that. Chalk that up to more reason to play as a Shadow.

Yukiko damage went up on average and the situations she creates are more rewarding in a game where reward in general went down so I mean that's the only explanation I can give you. Reward on average went down, her reward went up. Her main problem was her reward vs risk. Suddenly her reward is better on average and comparable to the rest of the cast while her risk went way down. Makes sense to me that'd make her a lot stronger.

Oh, it must've been combo rate I was thinking of. Anyway I hear what you're saying, but just know I still have my doubts, because this isn't the first time a character I liked rose up from speculation due to buffs, got my hopes up,  and then fell way back down to where they were after some time of playing (Makoto from both games you're thinking of right now). In the majority's eyes I assumed they believe she's gotten strong, but not that strong. Despite my personal accords when it comes to other people's judgment I'm VERY skeptical about this, which is why I need to stop talking on this (as I am wont to do all day) and see if people's speculation on 2.0 Yukiko holds true after some time.

It's not hard to see how a character can get enough buffs to rise from the bottom; Labrys got a lot of help with her axe meter changes. Same with Bullet from BB. Even Tager is now in contention for top tier now.

The main advantage of choosing normals over Shadows is the Awakening effective health buff and the free 50 meter that comes from it. Shadow Junpei just takes full advantage of the Shadow system in that he doesn't really need those; same with Mitsuru.

To save an argument, I'm just going to assume that if you want to play a certain character offensively more in 2.0, pick Shadow-type. If you want to play defensively, simply pick the Normal-type from now on. Right? I'm not 100% with this (and I never will be) but if I consider things to be like that then I can stomach the bullshit that comes with it.

I also realized that I am very hard on my character ;_; it's only because i love her to bits, and cannot stand people to get the wrong idea or impression that she's a bad character...she really isn't and I cannot stress this enough. However, I'm also not going to let people think she's good for all the wrong reasons. I want to assume the best and believe everything I hear about Yukiko, but I just know better than to do that. (And by that, I am referring to opinions and early speculation as opposed to frame data, buffs/nerfs and technicalities.)

How embarrassing I didn't process that. Chalk that up to more reason to play as a Shadow.

Just to clarify that this part is actually a nerf to Shadows. Shadow Akihiko and Kanji lost 1500 health, all other Shadows lost 1000. They still have slightly more health than their normal counterparts (S.Aki/Kanji have 500 more, other Shadows have 1000), but if the normals get Awakening activated they effectively have more health due to the defense buff.

You're kind of taking something and then moving to to an illogical extreme. Shadows are good yeah, but you're not always just going to pick one over the other cause hurr durr damage. In the case of like Junpei and Chie, yeah one version significantly buffs them, but other than that it's seemingly not too bad. Certain chars the normal version is still preferable. Even if a shadow character has some advantage over a normal one, big deal? Just rock the char however they work. I don't get it, I think you need to take some time to relax and watch the game. Think about the implications of some stuff.

I have a question. Is 100SP still Shadow Frenzy's only requirement? I've seen matches that it also uses the Burst, but dunno if it is also a requirement or just that it depletes your burst gauge when you activate it, like a secondary effect.

In 2.0 you can use Shadow Frenzy with any amount of SP as long as you have a burst. You can be at 10 meter, for example, and still use Shadow Frenzy.

I have a question. Is 100SP still Shadow Frenzy's only requirement? I've seen matches that it also uses the Burst, but dunno if it is also a requirement or just that it depletes your burst gauge when you activate it, like a secondary effect.

As mentioned, Shadow Frenzy just requires a Burst. The amount of meter you have when you activate it determines how long it lasts. Using it in neutral only uses up about 75% Burst though (which characters like Ken and Mitsuru can abuse). If you pop it with 100 meter, you also recover your Persona cards.

Is there a consensus yet on which Shadows are better than their counterparts? So far it seems like Junpei, Mitsuru, Chie, possibly Yukari? Yukiko and Teddie seem to be at least on par with their normal counterparts, as well as maybe Ken?

Can someone pls link me the thread, where people were discussing a mail for Aguro, a mail with questions was about to be translated to japanese. ??

I heard a rumor that 2.0 would be a patch. Any confirmation?

Koichi posted a tier list on Twitter but his is protected. For the most part, it aligns with other 2.0 tier lists.

To note, it seems that in Japanese, the leftmost characters are ones that the list maker has confident opinions about, while the rightmost ones are characters that the list maker doesn't know much about.

While top is "strong" and bottom is "weak".

Two P4AU 2.0 tier lists (Arcadia, I believe)

B_2OAiLUsAA5vQJ.png

Translation:

B_2VZZNWQAIW57J.png

Provided by Kurushii and Jourdal, respectively.

Two P4AU 2.0 tier lists (Arcadia, I believe)

B_2OAiLUsAA5vQJ.png

Translation:

B_2VZZNWQAIW57J.png

Provided by Kurushii and Jourdal, respectively.

Aren't they provided by YMST and Tahichi respectively?

I'm surprised one of them has S.Yosuke at A. Has there been any significant footage of him retaining that position despite the Great Yosuke Nerf Train?

I'm surprised one of them has S.Yosuke at A. Has there been any significant footage of him retaining that position despite the Great Yosuke Nerf Train?

I haven't even seen a single S.Yosuke match in 2.0, and I post every Yosuke match in the video subthread.

Edited by heavymetalmixer

Aren't they provided by YMST and Tahichi respectively?

The images were provided by Kurushii and Jourdal. Don't be a doofus; the Japanese player names are right there in both images saying who actually created the list.

wow, I'm starting to not like this update as much as I did before, characters who were considered top are now much lower (Ted, Yosuke etc.), while characters who were considered bad are now higher (Yukiko, Labrys, S.Yukiko etc.), adding shadows to the mix makes it even more confusing and just plain weird.

don't get me wrong, I'm overjoyed that some top tiers finally got nerfed and lower tiers got some much needed buffs to at least be viable, but I just don't like the fact that its so all over the place now, when adding in shadows, any tier ranking looks like a mess, I'm not saying the above rankings are 100% accurate but they are pretty consistent (Teddie always at the bottom, Yukiko being higher etc) plus two are made by Tahichi and YMST, very high level players.

I never really liked shadows to begin with (higher HP, 20% lower damage, linear combos) they're just bad design in my opinion and impossible to balance without them being either insanely good or non-viable.

Naoto does look pretty cute in 2.0 and there's less derp to ruin her life with. I'm happy with her changes. I figured she'd be S tier though. I can see why not though =/

I'm surprised Rise isn't near the upper parts of the tierlist, with her incredible amount of buffs. She feels like a great character in the new patch.

What is DIE-Chan's opinion, as he's the best Rise player right now?