Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

it's like marvel

hitting someone with a bat is hype. whiffing/blocking bats isn't hype. the more you whiff/get blocked, the less hype you are. the instant you hit someone with a bat again people forget most everything they were worried about and get hype again. the more hype, the better junpei is. max hype = a combo that probably does as much damage as chris g does to the hype. (though admittedly we don't know exactly what his system does)

This is one of the funniest posts I've seen all day.

Now that I think about it, besides the Lil Slugger image, there are 3 (or maybe more) fighting game characters that can swing their stuff that I know (pun intended, lol.), one of them being an actual "Slugger", lol. (Shoma from RS/PJ, lol.) :kitty:

(And yes, the obvious Yukari = Hawkeye, that was mentioned a couple posts back. :v:)

That's weird with Slab, so basically you can't do anything to her on wakeup? because she'll just use 2C to hit you =/

Also with Yukiko I'm gonna assume all her UB setups still work, but her new moves got me curious they don't really look/sound like they're that good

It's a good thing Junpei didn't decide to take up golf. I don't think the hype levels could withstand that.

Some motherfucker screaming FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE as he uses a driver to slice your ass a few hundred thousand kilometers into the face of the moon sounds hype to me

It's a good thing Junpei didn't decide to take up golf. I don't think the hype levels could withstand that.

Why not? Someone needs to give Tiger Woods a Persona so the two could duke it out. Make it happen ATLUS!

Even America and Japan don't understand baseball, they just pretend that they are having fun with it. It's like with that icky bitter drink called "Beer", it's all peer pressure :v:

Anyways, the question of whether or not such system is worth putting into a fighting game is all about target demographics. If most of your potential players are already in the know, they won't have any problem with understanding it. And since the two biggest fighting game markets in the world just happen to also be the two greatest baseball fanbases, it all makes sense. Though if you ask me, aiming for the greatest markets instead of aiming for ALL the markets is a pretty weird move.

Well I think there's plenty about Persona 4: Arena that doesn't exactly scream all audiences. An anime fighter featuring Japanese high school students is at least as niche as baseball.

ArcSys knows the majority of its profits will come from Japan, so I doubt it's worried about foreign markets. After all, what other nation is going to slam yen coins into a machine to get them their money?

It's complicated, but I'd argue it gets a pass because it's complexity the vast majority of people will already understand. There's no need to explain it; most people will already have a good, intuitive idea of how it works.

Here's how Junpei's mechanic's works: http://pastebin.com/e3UCu0Ut

Wow Junpei has a really intresting mechanic..i hope this game comes to the UK :D

Junpei gets automatically powered up after he gets 10 points

- some moves are buffed

- auto meter increase

- attack buff?

the power up super thing lasts forever and carries over rounds

Junpei gets automatically powered up after he gets 10 points

- some moves are buffed

- auto meter increase

- attack buff?

the power up super thing lasts forever and carries over rounds

So does Junpei only get more powerful at level 10?

Though if you ask me, aiming for the greatest markets instead of aiming for ALL the markets is a pretty weird move.
Not every character needs to be popular with every demographic. In fact, it's often best to figure out who would want your character the most and design with them in mind, because you get to make something awesome and memorable for that group of people.

Junpei's design and theme are clearly polarizing, but I think it's good for some people to absolutely love a character rather than for everyone to have a weakly positive opinion of the character.

Edited by Silmerion

http://pastebin.com/j6eJnPxh

Reading this list and making some correction based on it & adding untranslated part from https://www.evernote.com/shard/s43/sh/0e9b830d-5702-4866-a1d5-0c8e1e1c2a8f/c7f1fbbc1497cce8cfc1b1cf907c8732

Universal System

- projectile invul from 1st frame for QE, Naoto trap, Yukiko agi, Mitsuru Bufula oki can all be dodged by wakeup QE

- recovery time after counter hit on air gets shorter for every characters (e.g. Naoto 5A anti-air, Yukiko 2B counter hit)

- AoA hit on air can be recovered very fast, no more guaranteed knockdown

- S hold system, holding A button for while will automatically activate some skill which is slightly different than the regular one (e.g. Yukiko will activate C maharagi with invul time

Shadow Mode

- everybody has shadow mode except for shadow labrys and Elizabeth

- all shadow characters attack lowered by x0.8 time compared to normal mode

- shadow berserk mode costs 100 meter

- shadow characters can activate awakening super anytime by spending 100 meter

- using super during shadow berserk mode will shorten the activation time a lot (you can pretty much only do 3~4 super)

- opponent can burst out during shadow berserk (unlike BBCP OD)

- all shadow characters have the same autocombo move from current version of P4U, not the new one

Edited by stunedge

Shadow Mode

- everybody has shadow mode except for shadow labrys and Elizabeth

- all shadow characters attack lowered by x0.8 time compared to normal mode

- shadow berserk mode costs 100 meter

- shadow characters can activate awakening super anytime by spending 100 meter

- using super during shadow berserk mode will shorten the activation time a lot (you can pretty much only do 3~4 super)

- opponent can burst out during shadow berserk (unlike BBCP OD)

- all shadow characters have the same autocombo move from current version of P4U, not the new one

This looks like the UNiB, doesn't it?

- S hold system, holding A button for while will automatically activate some skill which is slightly different than the regular one (e.g. Yukiko will activate C maharagi with invul time
I'm not totally sure I understand. So if you hold down the A button while doing nothing else, you'll get a special attack?

In addition to http://pastebin.com/j6eJnPxh

Yu

- 5C is backstep cancellable

- OTG 214B causes the knockdown, cause bounce on FC only, air 214B still causes bounce

- air 214AB causes knockdown

- 236D is chargeable, Yu can move while persona stands still charging, 5D>236D~

- SB cross-slash is really long in horizontal range

Chie

- meteor will totally disappear if you hit persona out, meteor now comes with much lesser fireballs

- 5Bch>2C>charge>~ confirmed

- AoA is much slower

- SB charge will charge up to Lv2 but with half-bar only

Yukiko

- the fire-bird move is not super, it's a regular move but can be only activated from fire-level 6

- fire-level now goes up to lv9

- SB booster levels up 3 level at once but with much longer overall recovery

Kanji

- removed 5B>2B, 5B>5C

- added 5B>AoA, 5C>dashcancel

- 236B follow up is slightly different and hard to hit on many situation (kanji jumps higher to attack)

Naoto

- 5D has lesser recovery, longer untechable time on hit

- bonus proration on Mudoon has removed, Mudoon startup is slower

- gun meter just shows the remaining bullets

- SB J236236AB does 236236A and 236236B at sametime, silence + fear + fate count 6

- during the combo, from the second time you use move that reduces fate count, it will all reduce count by only 1 (trap > trap in combo only reduces 4)

Mitsuru

- 5D and JD is still comboable, just with different way

- Droit looked same to me, maybe B one is shorter

- 5C dash/baclstep cancelable

Akihiko

- 2C causes knockdown+silence

- D lasts longer

- can not use the same move again during cyclone chain

- SB counter move gave you 40meter on success

Labrys

- SB red-axe beast, 4000dmg guaranteed in combo

- JB is faster, JA>JB works

- 2B is slower and harder to use during combo

Elizabeth

- SB dia has projectile invul. recovers so much life

S.lab

- turn persona to auto-block mode by holding D buttons for while

- can activate 2C, 8C and 5C from blockmode directly

- persona appears directly on wakeup (aka you can do wakeup punch super)

- can mash 2C during block (2C which was originally 8C)

- Axe 214A move has removed 1st hit, means 5B>214A is no more a guaranteed chain

- AAA does not give knockdown

I'm not totally sure I understand. So if you hold down the A button while doing nothing else, you'll get a special attack?

some sort like that

Thanks for all the info over the past few days Stunedge, we really appreciate it!

Yeah, thank you -SO MUCH- for helping get all the info to us, you're a godsend.

I've been wondering. When are there going to be a Threads made for Yukari and Junpei? Is it a bit too early for them to be made or has no one offered to make them as of yet?