Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

@Stunedge

So Yosuke didn't really get changed much it seems like, or are there next to no Yosuke players around?

If they didn't change him much, that's for the better since, imo, Yosuke was pretty solid and played well. (A minority opinion apparently)

as what I said at beginning, the above part is just addition to the paste-bin notes

if i didnt write anything that means everything else is in the paste-bin

Not every character needs to be popular with every demographic. In fact, it's often best to figure out who would want your character the most and design with them in mind, because you get to make something awesome and memorable for that group of people.

Junpei's design and theme are clearly polarizing, but I think it's good for some people to absolutely love a character rather than for everyone to have a weakly positive opinion of the character.

As they say, a game that everyone likes, but nobody loves (and hates) is doomed to fail. Good point.

- can not use the same move again during cyclone chain

Does that cover both specials and normals?

Same question. Is his throw->A hook->C weave->B hook-> D weave-> B Corkscrew now not doable?

As they say, a game that everyone likes, but nobody loves (and hates) is doomed to fail. Good point.

considering that specials are not affected by cyclone and, afaik, as soon as you use them your cyclone gauge drops to 0, i'm pretty sure it doesn't include them since they'll reset the cyclone meter anyway lol. same with specials not affected by cyclone

as for the above post, considering none of those moves are the same one, that should work, yes.

In addition to http://pastebin.com/j6eJnPxh

Elizabeth

- SB dia has projectile invul. recovers so much life

All of my YES! Oh what a happy, happy day :yaaay:. Lizzie is sounding more awesome by the day. I guess karma is trying to make it up to her because of P4A. Thank you stunedge for the wonderful news.

Labrys

- SB red-axe beast, 4000dmg guaranteed in combo

- JB is faster, JA>JB works

- 2B is slower and harder to use during combo

Is it confirmed that j.B is faster and that it's not j.A being increased in move level?

Labrys' current j.A doesn't combo into j.B because it's one move level too low (Shadow Labrys can combo hers because it's one level higher than normal Labrys' j.A).

Is it confirmed that j.B is faster and that it's not j.A being increased in move level?

Labrys' current j.A doesn't combo into j.B because it's one move level too low (Shadow Labrys can combo hers because it's one level higher than normal Labrys' j.A).

iirc bob and someone else (unless it was a different bob on twiter lol) were discussing the same thing and they weren't sure yet whether it was a j.a level buff or j.b being faster. could be wrong.

So has there been any word on what kind of changes Shadow Selves might have to their normal counterparts what ain't universal?

I'm assuming Mitsuru's other new special is the [2]8A/B since Tentarafoo is [4]6C/D which means accidental inputs with every single button combination qq

Don't act like you've never gotten EX coup droit instead of counter assault (or vice versa)

Welp, Aristo's loketest vids got taken down. Don't think we'll be seeing anymore P4C gameplay for a while. Oh well. Thanks a thanks a bunch for all the info, Stunedge!

Welp, Aristo's loketest vids got taken down. Don't think we'll be seeing anymore P4C gameplay for a while.

And so, the ASW Gestapo strikes again. You know, we want to love your games ASW. So why must you take away from that? I always figured most companies liked free advertising and getting their project out there without having to pay someone to do it. Oh well, at least we saw something while we could.

And so, the ASW Gestapo strikes again. You know, we want to love your games ASW. So why must you take away from that? I always figured most companies liked free advertising and getting their project out there without having to pay someone to do it. Oh well, at least we saw something while we could.

Well it is the loketest, which they seem to be especially not keen about releasing, presumably because it's not final.

Well it is the loketest, which they seem to be especially not keen about releasing, presumably because it's not final.

I know it isn't the final version but it does at least allow people to see what has changed since the last version and gives us something to compare notes with. It also keeps the project from falling from pubic view.

Most people probably don't even know this exists. I would understand keeping things at a minimum until we at least learn more.

Does it really matter if it's not widely public knowledge? I know we care because we're obsessive about these things, but this will be much more public once it hits arcades anyway. For any of us outside of Japan does it really matter if we know any of this now rather than later?

Does it really matter if it's not widely public knowledge? I know we care because we're obsessive about these things, but this will be much more public once it hits arcades anyway. For any of us outside of Japan does it really matter if we know any of this now rather than later?

Loketests aren't final, and don't necessarily reflect the final game: you don't "know" anything about P4C based on them.

Loketests aren't final, and don't necessarily reflect the final game: you don't "know" anything about P4C based on them.

That was part of my point.

Don't act like you've never gotten EX coup droit instead of counter assault (or vice versa)

That has happened so many times to me I can't even count it. But sometimes, I accidentally win doing that. Adds a bit of flavor to the Mitsuru soup.

If you looked closely in his videos, you'll notice a picture of a camera on a red sign with a cross over it. Recording footage wasn't exactly legal.

If you looked closely in his videos, you'll notice a picture of a camera on a red sign with a cross over it. Recording footage wasn't exactly legal.

I'm sorry your honor, I was too distracted by the epicness of the game to give heed to the paltry warnings of legal ramifications.

Joking aside, I realize that it wasn't legal for anyone to record footage of the loketest but I also never understood why it isn't be allowed. What exactly is being lost here by showing footage to the rest of the world? People watching know it is a loketest and not the final version so there shouldn't be anyone thinking the changes are finalized. Or is it just the property ownership of the game and ATLUS/ASW don't want anyone touching the toy until it is ready to roll out?

Joking aside, I realize that it wasn't legal for anyone to record footage of the loketest but I also never understood why it isn't be allowed. What exactly is being lost here by showing footage to the rest of the world? People watching know it is a loketest and not the final version so there shouldn't be anyone thinking the changes are finalized. Or is it just the property ownership of the game and ATLUS/ASW don't want anyone touching the toy until it is ready to roll out?

Again, probably because this was literally the first thing they have shown about this game. Before I want gameplay footage of a game not even announced yet, I would want to announce it first with a trailer or something.