Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Rise as a character would certainly be interesting, I'd like to see how that would work out.

Ken...looking at his abilities in P3, something tells me he'd be pretty powerful if he were put in too...

Either way, someone at BestBuy might be losing their job  :v:

If Ken's getting in, Akihiko players should already start having nightmares because of his weapon choice. Rise? As long as she does not play anything like Teddie I'm fine with it.

And their addition may not free 4 character spaces, they can just readjust while still making it symmetrical. (But I hope they don't do that. Still waiting for Adachi's announcement.)

So is it safe to say that Ken will be Persona's Axl?  Or maybe Venom?  I do dig me some Venom, and it would make sense given Ken's choice of weapon combined with the balls of light.

I

honestly saw him playing like Zappa if somehow can can summon koro-chan and he can use cerberus

Well, this was certainly an interesting turn of events. It'll be pretty interesting if it turned out to be true. I think the hypest thing about playable Rise for me is that her shadow version should hopefully have the striptease track for her song!!! Just one song away from having my dream soundtrack for this game. Come on, Atlus and ASW, find a way to get Heaven into this game!

Also, inb4KenandRiseturnoutbetterthanLizandLabrys ;.;

Ken is sort of expected. Instead of Rise I would have expected Koromaru though. Might as well add Fuuka, Dojima too at this point (on top of Adachi).

Totally wanted Koro instead of Ken. And Rise doesn't even fight so I have no idea how that's gonna work.

The same way Phoenix Wright, Kirino, Captain Falcon, Kokonoe, half the cast of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure/Melty Blood and Servbot worked.

The same way Phoenix Wright, Kirino, Captain Falcon, Kokonoe, half the cast of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure/Melty Blood and Servbot worked.

..don't forget Jin saotome...then again he can fight, this was just his out-of-mecha appearance in marvels 1 and 2

he's basically iggy + wolf!Valeknhayn,

and again Skooga; if Ken were to say..play like Zappa, he can summon Koro and cerberus. and Kali-Nemi can be like Raoh.

That hitbox being so small is a damn problem, they could do what they did for Zappa and make it small, but not TOO small

TBH I think Koro is done.  He was a old dog in P3 so he's probably either too old to move or dead sadly.

Mitsuru is wearing him atm. Literally.

An actual update instead of all this speculation and rumor stuff: http://p-atlus.jp/p4u2/

I believe it says to pay attention to Famitsu and that a big P4U2 related update will be incoming on April 24, a day before the Persona Stalker Club episode.

Pretty much what Poultrygeist said.  If Capcom can do PW, even though he wasn't exactly viable in UMVC3, I have complete faith that ASW can do Rise and make her as awesome, fun and unique as Sho, MINAZUKI, Yukari and Junpei have been.  As for them needing to remake the screen to add more slots, couldn't they just stretch it out a bit, since the four slots are already somewhat visible as seen here?  http://i.imigur.com/0fKnUwl.png?1  If so, we could have Adachi and Rise bookending the Minazukis, while Ken and Makoto go beside Yukari and Junepi for the P3 half of the screen.  I haven't played P3, so I have no idea what Ken would possibly bring to the table beyond his Spear, but your suggestion of him possibly being Venom-esque Poultrygeist would make me VERY happy, since he's my favorite Guilty Gear character.  Someone on GameFAQS suggested that Rise could fight with "mana" and using Weak Points ala Azrael.  Whoever she ends up, unless ATLUS has complete control of the roster and movesets, I find her inclusion ironically hilarious after Mori literally laughed off the idea of a playable Celica in his SCR interview with Jyoshua.

Story wise, Rise playable kinda makes sense, considering she was kidnapped in P4 AND in P4U, she probably got tired of feeling helpless and went through some character development.

Rise being playable could simply be going off of the fact she was more involved in combat during P4:G beyond simply "You just killed an enemy. Let me tell you the remaining number as if to insult your ability to do basic math". If nothing else, we might as well be happy that we get a playable navigator considering they're really counterproductive if used during the actual gameplay of Arena.

But April 24 eh? That's in a week then. Here's hoping for some good news.

Now that you guys mentioned, Rise does make sense this time around. There's no "plot" to kidnap her.

Here's hoping that they make a good job with these new designs. (if this is all true anyway).

Edited by Strife

I am not going to say that they cannot make Rise a honest-to-god playable character, but it feels bit, how to say it, "eh?"

But at this point, my favourable roster additions would be Ken(+Koromaru), The Reaper, Rise and Adachi. And Tatsuya Sudou :vbang: