Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Still no mention of whether or not Rise's going to be introduced in arcades, huh.

If it's gonna be a similar deal to how she gets patched in after the console release like Kagura,Terumi,and Kokopuffs I'm not gonna be surprised.

Nah, Golden Arena Mode has an additional HUD element that shows what "floor" you're on. It's probably more like how there are early screenshots of Solo Sho that have him lacking a Burst, "this footage represents a product still in development" and all that jazz.

That's likely, but is it also possible it could be one of her Analyze buffs?

I'm not very impressed or excited after watching the trailer. The only interesting thing to me about this character is that she has Soul Satellite. I'll wait until I see actual matches or something :v:.

Rise of the Rise!

She definitely looks more fun in motion(that face during the slap super lol) and I'm assuming her soul satellite thingy is a super as well ?

Also curious about Golden Arena, specifically what the social links do if they're not just a fancy way of displaying rewards.

At this point, I'm not expecting any info ln Ken tommorow though I'm pretty sure it's a given that he'll be in the console release

Rise's shield move seems the most interesting to me. It seems to activate if the opponent simply walks into it, the barrier is up quite a bit and it seems to have rather wide hitbox.

Wait, is the shadow its own character like Labrys and not just an extra mode like everyone else?  The website seems to imply that.

The Shoryuken article's translation from Famitsu concerning Shadow Rise had this part:

Shadow Rise has her own exclusive performances, starting off from billboards like “Risechii Tokudashi SP!” (“Risette EXPOSED!”).

Definitely no dramatic difference ala S. Lab and Labrys going on here, but there might be a noticeable difference in how she performs her specials/supers, maybe.

My guess is that the website just wants to advertise her Shadow version, really. She doesn't have a Burst in the screenshots and she uses Shadow Berserk.

I watched the trailer and I still don't know how Rise's going to play. :s

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I must be bilnd because from left to right all I see is the Sony logo, the PS3 logo, the Atlus logo, the P-Studio logo and then the copyright info.

EDIT: Whoops I see it now, in the copyright info.  Probably just a general trademark but you never know.

I must be bilnd because from left to right all I see is the Sony logo, the PS3 logo, the Atlus logo, the P-Studio logo and then the copyright info.

EDIT: Whoops I see it now, in the copyright info.  Probably just a general trademark but you never know.

Yeah, it probably is just a general trademark. My Vita would love to have this game though. :(

If her analyzing buffs work like Azrael's weak point...oh boy that would be so much fun. Just like P4A was GOTY 2012, this is shaping up to be GOTY 2014.

I don't think Shadow Rise is going to work like Shadow Labrys with Asterius. Famitsu might have been referring to the unique intro she has.

Also, Mike Orbs don't seem to last very long and Labrys was DEFINITELY raged before the last hit of the Rise Hand Slaps (she is tinted differently than normal and I can just barely make out the puff of orangeish smoke that denotes Rage). Dunno if that means anything due to the skip inbetween the beginning and end of the super, though.

I think the Orbs are only available in Awakening. It was the only time in the video she was under this state, it might be the Awakening super.

Checked out the revamped P4U2 website. Now, I'm sure Rise and Shadow Rise are modes like most other Shadows - literally the only differences between the Rise and Shadow Rise pages are the colors used for outlines and stuff (Rise has blue and yellow, Shadow Rise has only red), there being a link to the page on the other mode and the character artwork. If they were separate characters, they would have different bios.

Long story short? Rise bias confirmed.

Checked out the revamped P4U2 website. Now, I'm sure Rise and Shadow Rise are modes like most other Shadows - literally the only differences between the Rise and Shadow Rise pages are the colors used for outlines and stuff (Rise has blue and yellow, Shadow Rise has only red), there being a link to the page on the other mode and the character artwork. If they were separate characters, they would have different bios.

Long story short? Rise bias confirmed.

Noooo, pls.

I don't think Shadow Rise is going to work like Shadow Labrys with Asterius. Famitsu might have been referring to the unique intro she has.

Also, Mike Orbs don't seem to last very long and Labrys was DEFINITELY raged before the last hit of the Rise Hand Slaps (she is tinted differently than normal and I can just barely make out the puff of orangeish smoke that denotes Rage). Dunno if that means anything due to the skip inbetween the beginning and end of the super, though.

At least i'm not the only one who noticed the rage. If you can one more cancel the crumple state into AoA and it works (i don't recall if you can), then Rise could possibly kill in one combo since the rage resets do a ton of damage and can still combo afterwards.

At least i'm not the only one who noticed the rage. If you can one more cancel the crumple state into AoA and it works (i don't recall if you can), then Rise could possibly kill in one combo since the rage resets do a ton of damage and can still combo afterwards.

All Out Attack on crumpled opponents will make them go up. It really depends if or when the Super enrages.

Edited by Strife

All Out Attack in crumpled opponents will make them go up.

Now that's a relief.

The only attack that I can think of (correct if I'm wrong people) that inflicts the rage status is Teddie's DP and you can't combo from it. Any Rage Reset combo would have the potential to break the game in half, worse than Chie's Power Charge+ Rampage pre-patch.